SAU Community

Camera Mount

PranK

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mate,

It's all coming along great. Should be finished in a month or less. I was going to send out a mass email to let you all know, but email addresses aren't listed in profiles and the email function doesn't work. Makes it difficult not knowing who is checking in on this thread. But I do have the list of who has confirmed their order:

sidewaymambo

nismoman18

eriktufa

Salps12

2crazy

NRB

Endorean

Some of those guys have emailed me, so I know their email addresses, but not all of you. If you haven't, and you're reading this, it would be useful if you email me at blahboy AT iinet.net.au, so I can pass on my bank account details to take deposits and payment. Cheers!

Hi guys,

I think it is time I took deposits, or full payments if you are inclined. Full package is $70, minus tripod is $65, and deposit is $35. I will obviously keep track of who pays for what.

For those of you who provided email addresses, I will email you after posting this.

Please contact me via email (blahboy *at* iinet.net.au) if you do not have means of depositing funds into the bank account.

Also below will be a list of people I have down as confirmed orders. If you want a camera mount and your name is not on this list, contact me as soon as possible. As incentive, units purchased outside of this group buy will cost more.

My bank account details:

Bank: Commonwealth Bank

Name: Peter Lo

BSB and Acc No: 062-037 2804 6968

Please include your SAU nick in the transaction description.

Confirmed orders from SAU: (including people who

sidewaymambo

nismoman18 (no tripod)

eriktufa

Salps12

2crazy

NRB

Endorean

Scotsman

phantc_s15

I'll get those details just before I send them out.

ETA right now about 2 weeks. As usual, it's the aluminium place that's being a royal PITA. Not only is their customer service poor, but now it looks like they're trying to rip us off - the parts are heaps more expensive than my last order, even though I ordered less last time! This will be cleared up today or tomorrow.

Met up with sidewaymambo today, he didn't have his camera with him, but I showed him how the mount could be set up front or rear.

It appears that in an R33 at least, a tripod may not be necessary, as the base of the mount rests directly on the rear seats or on the front dash. A non-slip mat is useful for resting the mount on, to provide lateral grip. So, if it sounds like you do not need a tripod, let me know - if you've given me full payment, I can give you $5 back when we meet, or if I will be sending the mount to you, then the $5 will count towards postage. Having said that, the tripod doesn't cost much, and may be useful in certain situations. And if you have a stills camera, the mini tripod is definitely handy to have.

speaking of camera mounts... anyone know where i can get one of those ones they mount on the outside of the door? just back and out from the wheel?

You mean something like this?

mount2.jpg

Bakadesu got one of those off me recently to use with a really nice CCD camera he has. To be on the safe side, I would say that the ball mount should only be used for something like that, or the lighter Mini/MicroDV cameras, for rolling footage. The ball mount provides massive flexibility for setting up whatever angles you choose.

The cost of one is up around the $70 mark, mainly from the Hama ball mount (made in Germany). If you want to make one yourself, I can supply you the parts, it's quite simple to put together as Bakadesu will attest to.