SAU Community

Just Jap Parts/turbo

stagpower

hey people i have been looking at the dump pipes and high flow cats on just jap forum,does anyone know what will go on my stag without mods(or very little) is it a r33 split dump??, only have the fmic and 3'' from cat cat back.

also the TURBO,will a t04e with external gate fit straight on? not goin for a huge power diff,just new turbo,what fits,looked around but there is no def answer.if i decide to keep car what stainless manifold would fit and different turbo,if i can find these out i might keep my car :dry:

if there is something to go straight on please let me know,or let me know what has to be done,thanks

Edited by stagpower

I got a bell mouth JJ dump,R33 I think and anX Force Hi Flow Cat, perfect fit with no mods.

All bolts and gaskets supplied.

sorry,so of the 3dumps they have advertised,which is it?? thanks for info

sorry,so of the 3dumps they have advertised,which is it?? thanks for info

Got links to these 3 dumps?

I've got a T3/T4 turbo I'm getting rid of. Bolts straight on, but is oil cooled only.

The split dump in the first link will not fit, it hits the floor due to being a straight run of pipe

The bell mouth in the second link, which is a direct copy or the same as a x-force pipe will fit

The x-force are $330-350, The JJR one is $199 and good value. Just hope they have sorted their flange to turbo warp problems out with these new pipes.

G`Day all having just read this i must add,I have fitted bellmouth dump pipe to my series 2 & would say that they DON`T fit we ended up cutting it throw the gut`s & rewelding it as it hit`s the body now some one will say who fitted it is hopeless well he work`s for a performance shop & build rollcage`s & fab`s lot`s of stuff for motorsport, zrost for lot`s of different car`s ,he said this is the best way to do it unless your be rooting around for age`s.IT has made a great difference to the car & would tell any one to get a 3in bellmouth dump,i drove to kalgoolie on saturday & back the same day,& found that fuel econemy is much better 10ltr per 100kms at 140 + most of the time so yes very pleased with my mod 3in till bend then 4in with rsr rear muffler,it has made a big difference to the way the car performes.hope this will help some of you .cheer`s chuckie.

Darrin,

As I have the JJ model, could you expand on your comments please.

When I went thru the dump pipe fitment drama's, search for old thread. the split dump that I bought was not well made, it was warped 3 different ways due to the flange materail being too thin, but was told they were working on fixing the problems.

When I went thru the dump pipe fitment drama's, search for old thread. the split dump that I bought was not well made, it was warped 3 different ways due to the flange materail being too thin, but was told they were working on fixing the problems.

Thanks Darrin, I'm fine then, mine is a singgle Bell Mouth. Incidently on the cruise last Sunday I was down to about 13l/100

That is 3l/100 less than before I fitted the dump and X Force.

I'm wondering about going 4" cat back without a resonator"?" and a bigish cannon. But it may be a bit noisy.

The R33GTST Group Buy split dump fitted perfectly on mine, which has a Magic cat and a modified Nismo R32GTR 3" exhaust. I ended up using that particular split dump on the R33GTST and the Stagea now has a Performance Metalcraft hand fabricated (work of art) split dump on it that was originally on the R32GTST.

More to the point;

also the TURBO,will a t04e with external gate fit straight on? not goin for a huge power diff,

A T04E, doesn't fit straight on, especially with an external wastegate. And if it did it would give you a huge power difference.

looked around but there is no def answer

Of course there is no definitive answer, everybody has different requirements and tastes. In my case doubling the standard power output at the wheels via a highly responsive GCG ball bearing high flowed RB20DET turbo was the perfect choice. In Brad's case, quadrupling the power output via a T04Z suited his requirements.

Take a proper look at what everybody is running and why they chose it and I bet you will find a combination that suites your requirements.

Cheers

Gary

Since fitting the new dump and cat we went on the Qld cruise and general running around including two trips up Henri Robert, a total of 510ks for 57.5 litres. Thats about 11.3L/100.

• 4 weeks later...

ok although everyone has different turbo setups,could everyone/anyone post what turbo you have and if it bolted up directly,if so what dump pipe did you use etc,will be looking at turbo in next couple of weeks,with minor work needed,thanks everyone

GCG hiflow of standard turbo bolts straight on. (230-270rwkw)

HKS GT-RS bolts straight on. (230-270rwkw)

are the most likely bolt on turbo choices.

there are so many choices depending on your power target/requirements including HKS 2835 ProS or HKS 3037ProS kits but each increase in power level = more $$'s

a search of forced induction will show these threads come up a zillion times and the answers are pretty much always the same.

I use the 3" JJ bellmouth for my Series 1 Rsv4 1997 auto awd rb25det Stagea http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/JJ...RB-t204414.html

great value, and Ive heard the bellmouth flange weld has been fixed and is better (3yrs ago mine needed a $100 job to relweld up the flange properly)

fits no issue (apart what I had, above, almost 3years ago), is stainless steel and after 30-odd months looks new still.

fitted standard 3" R33 hi-flow cat converter, new oygen sensor, and the 3" cat back system I already had (cut off 3" Fujistubo muffler and welded on sraight thru kakimoto gtr muffler)

used stock turbo, now using stock highflowed Slide turbo

ppl in front and behind in yesterdays stagea cruise commented on the induction noise (k&n pod in Maxx r34 airbox with foam internal insulation, stock snorkel, bass junkey rad.air-guide, return feed apexi fmic)

I personally think its the steel wheels and massively ported front/rear stock housings :(:D

so besides those hks and other very expensive turbo's,there are no known others that are a direct fit?? why are brand new turbos so cheap on ebay?? and yes i know if i want a good one i should expect to pay good money but i am only after a new turbo rather than massive power,as long as its a little better than stock... :D