SAU Community

Stagea Rb25det Upgrade > Rb30 Strokerkit.

Hi Guys.

I have a Stagea RS-Four V with 4WD, it have the RB25DET engine, and i want to make more then 800 hp.

There is a lot of strange rules in Denmark, i am not allowed to tune my Engine, only 20%.

Then i found out, i can buy a RB30 blok, and put my RB25DET top on it, to cheat the system here in Denmark.

I will then buy a 3.4L strokerkit, with help from e good friend, he will port my RB25 top for better flow, and put bigger valves in.

I know i need a lot of tuningsparts, and this will be very expensive, but thats okay.

Right now i just want to know, what is the most importend parts to change in the engine, to make 800+ hp.

I placed a order in a US company, looking for these parts, what more do i need.!!

ARP Pro Series Main Studs GTR RB26DETT ARP 2000

ARP Head Studs RB20/25 DET head stud kit

Tomie Metal Head Gaskets RB25DE(T) 88.0-1.2mm

Tomie Valve Springs R33 RB25DE(T) A-TYPE

Tomie Pro Cams, lift.!!!!!

Tomie Timing Belts RB26/RB25/RB20

Tomie Adjustable Cam Gears Set RB20/25/26

Stroker Kits 86.5 BNR32/BCNR33/BNR34 .!!!!

Nismo Oil pump.

Nismo Water pump.

Bearings.!!!!

I am not sure what to do about the Turbo, a single-setup with a HKS SPL51R Kai, or 2 smaller turbos in Twin setup.!!

I will use the car for quartmailes, and show, and then drive in it every day.

Hope you guys can advice me make these 800+ hp.

Picture of my car attached.

post-46420-1210755765_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stagea Denmark

i'd budget 50k+ easy and good luck with the gearbox with 800hp, ppg box ($15 000) or holinger box ($20 000+) is one part u will need and trust me i have a dogbox and its not a daily driver gearbox, i think u will need to upgrade every single driveline part and engine part to do this and i dont think u will ever get a 800hp daily driver, little own one thats reliable.

have u ever been in a 800hp skyline?

i dont think comparing a 500hp engine to a 800hp is even close either, its about 3 times the dollars and parts, and prepare for regular rebuilds if u are thinking of using 800hp everyday. The car will be slow on the street unless your doing 120kmh+, i have 600hp and the lag isnt ideal at all for a street car, plenty of 500hp cars will beat me if im not in the right gear and rpm range.

i thought the same as u when i built mine that 600hp could be a daily driver car and it aint ideal. I think the only thing a 800hp car is good for is dyno and thats it.

im assuming u mean 800awhp as well, or are u talking 800hp at the engine?

i also replied in your other thread with more info

if this doesnt phase you then good luck :D also your stagea is the hottest one ive ever seen in my life :P

Edited by unique1

ARP Pro Series Main Studs GTR RB26DETT ARP 2000 Wont fit rb30 bottom end without machining

ARP Head Studs RB20/25 DET head stud kit Would recommend upgrading to rb26 items

Tomie Metal Head Gaskets RB25DE(T) 88.0-1.2mm Really need to assemble engine before ordering this to determine final compression ratio

Tomie Valve Springs R33 RB25DE(T) A-TYPE sorry wont cut it

Tomie Pro Cams, lift.!!!!!

Tomie Timing Belts RB26/RB25/RB20 Wont fit

Tomie Adjustable Cam Gears Set RB20/25/26

Stroker Kits 86.5 BNR32/BCNR33/BNR34 .!!!! Will be going backwards, should look into spoolups 3.4 stroker

Nismo Oil pump. Marginal if your going to go over 7000

Nismo Water pump. Not needed or recommended

Bearings.!!!! ACL race series

There are heaps of other parts you will need, i would recommend reading "the thread" before you embark on this to gain a full understanding of what you are undertaking. If you need a block sent over, ive done one to canada, so denmark shouldnt be a problem.

Thanks all.

Unique1 > I have a 500 hp stag aswell, at 1,35 bars boost, the red one i my profil, i know what 500 hp is, had a 800 hp Supra, but i never had a 4WD with that hp, and thats my goal now, money is not the main thing, it is expensive to play with the big guys, i know.

Duncan > thanks, i will have this i my mind. ;-)

fob33 > thanks, i love them both.

Adriano > Your right, my fist plan was a 2,8L strokerkit on the std. RB25DET engine, these parts was for that.

Back to bussines, what the best thing to do, go for a small liter-effekt, a screaming and wild engine who makes 10.000 rpm, or a 3,4 liters with lag and 8500 rpm, both with 800+ hp.!!

OBS. Pictures of my red 500 hp Stag attached, and the engine.

post-46420-1210779342_thumb.jpg

post-46420-1210779425_thumb.jpg

Now thats a Stagea :D

Makes me want something more "practical" than the GTR...

Check out the RB29 WOW thread. Makes the power with the sort of delivery that makes the car a daily dirver.

There is a chap in NZ who has a 800hp Stagea using an RB26DETT converted to single T04Z, it struggles to go much faster than around mid 11s on the strip though I figure the 2.6 is far too small for the heavy thing.

Dyno20071114_.jpg

if u are talking 800hp at the engine then its a different story though gearbox options are still the main issue for drivability.

my stagea makes 560hp at wheels (t04z on only 18psi and pump fuel) and has ran 11.33 at 125mph, thats full weight, 2 sunroofs and full tank of fuel (around 1720kg + driver) definately got more in it down the track at same power as i had some misfiring issues, the weight doesnt help but u just need more power. Im looking to run a 10 before i give up on the stagea :) race fuel and 25psi+ should make around the 640-650hp at wheels mark.

if he can only manage mid 11s on 650hp at wheels the dyno is wayyy out or he needs to abuse the car abit more down the strip lol, i assume this is Simon (Pure Methaphetamachine) or whatever his username is?

Edited by unique1

if he can only manage mid 11s on 650hp at wheels the dyno is wayyy out or he needs to abuse the car abit more down the strip lol, i assume this is Simon (Pure Methaphetamachine) or whatever his username is?

Yeah its Psymin - and the times it has run are not that flash at all for the power its made, hub dynos read higher than Dyno Dynamics BUT that is still slow for that power on that dyno. Is yours still a 2.6?

Yeah its Psymin - and the times it has run are not that flash at all for the power its made, hub dynos read higher than Dyno Dynamics BUT that is still slow for that power on that dyno. Is yours still a 2.6?

fair enough, mine is a Jun 2.7L bottom end, i find it goes well, im sure the added weight over a gtr is killing my times though but i like to have something different :spank:

fair enough, mine is a Jun 2.7L bottom end, i find it goes well, im sure the added weight over a gtr is killing my times though but i like to have something different :spank:

I have asked a good friend to help me tune my Stag, his name i Nicolas Kiesa (Former Formula 1 driver), he tune a lot on R34 V-Spec II, i know he got a lot of help from at guy in Australia, they are both member of http://www.exvitermini.com/, Kiesa's homepage, awesome R34. http://www.kismo.dk