SAU Community

Fmic Kit

agentx

Hey guys, just bought my first skyline a couple of days ago ... VERY happy with it :)

Starting to mod it now, i'm aiming for 220-250 rwkw at the end ... which FMIC do you think I should get? there's a couple of kits on justjap.com ... any recommendations/warnings/suggestions etc? I've heard you pretty much have to cut the battery tray with whichever kit you get?

Better yet, anyone in VIC selling one?

Thanks fellas!

find a workshop to fit one for you - you should be able to get a FMIC kit fitted for around $500 these days

no mess, no fuss, drive in, drive away and all done. btw congrats on buying your first 32

You can get FMICs with piping kits to go through the place where GTRs do, underneath to the side of the battery tray.

That way u dont have to cut through the tray and then weld it up when u get dicked :)

Hypergears kits do this. Check their site.

Yeah it does. They have pictures of the kit fitted to a R32 including the battery tray.

You have to cut the hole regardless. You can the see where the hole should be its just not punched out from factory because its a GTSt.

250kw is asking a lot for a r32...you'd need larger than a hks2535 to get that amount..

Like the others have said, get a return feed intercooler. Has justjap made them for r32's?

I can only find r33/r34's models.

yea Rekin it is more then standard i guess but tons of people have it. Agreed some of them would have a few internal changes to the engine but still ... even with bolton mods, i'm sure people have taken the rb20 over 250. I'll aim for 220 then anyway :spank:~

at this stage im more then happy with just having a bit more boost and exhaust, but i'm sure that'll pass in a few weeks haha so im preparing.

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=339&page=1

is that the one you guys are talking about? its been out of stock for a bit. And i would prefer not cutting anything because the car is in real neat condition and some people have said its unroadworthy if that tray is cut?

Cheers

yea Rekin it is more then standard i guess but tons of people have it. Agreed some of them would have a few internal changes to the engine but still ... even with bolton mods, i'm sure people have taken the rb20 over 250. I'll aim for 220 then anyway :spank:~

at this stage im more then happy with just having a bit more boost and exhaust, but i'm sure that'll pass in a few weeks haha so im preparing.

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=339&page=1

is that the one you guys are talking about? its been out of stock for a bit. And i would prefer not cutting anything because the car is in real neat condition and some people have said its unroadworthy if that tray is cut?

Cheers

yes its illegal to cut the chassis to pass the intercooler piping on the majority of intercooler kits.

The one you linked uses the same holes as the standard sidemount intercooler, thus making it legal (thats if you do not have a pod-filter; one intake mod law; either pod or fmic)

yea i believe u can keep the stock airbox in place with this cooler, do the cops actually open the box? cuz i intend to put the pod inside lol. i've msgd steve from justjap to see when they'll have this in.

thanks for the replies so far

yes its illegal to cut the chassis to pass the intercooler piping on the majority of intercooler kits.

The one you linked uses the same holes as the standard sidemount intercooler, thus making it legal (thats if you do not have a pod-filter; one intake mod law; either pod or fmic)

Only if you have airbags.

Thats the key point to note that everyone gets wrong.

Cutting is no problem without airbags, engineer signed off on mine without an issue

hmmm, whats the reasoning behind that if you know, and still ... i'm guessing most cops dont know this rule, and i dont really wanna chase an engineer to sign it off and then argue with the police with the certificate :spank:

Only if you have airbags.

Thats the key point to note that everyone gets wrong.

Cutting is no problem without airbags, engineer signed off on mine without an issue

whoh didnt know that.

Thanks for sharing that information Ash, im sure it took you some serious research to find that little info! although i wouldnt be game enough to argue that infront of mr.knox tmu haha

If you don't to cut anything ARC coolers are one of the best, they are also probably the BEST japanese coolers I've seen. I run one and many many good JDM cars run them. Check out Nengun for them of PM me for pics/questions.

Edit - just loked at Justjap, looks like an ARC knock off so should be ok too.

whoh didnt know that.

Thanks for sharing that information Ash, im sure it took you some serious research to find that little info! although i wouldnt be game enough to argue that infront of mr.knox tmu haha

It'll be no problem saying that to an officer.

They try pin you and you go to court any engineer will sign off, hell, i think its probably listed in a ADR somewhere that it would be quoted and wouldnt even need someone to come along.

Take them on i say. Any piece of info that can achieve this go for it.

What sets a Blitz/ARC/Apex-i cooler kit apart from the rest isn't so much the piping style, as anyone can copy that as we're now seeing, but the core itself. You get what you pay for. Everyone says it, but everyone seems to forget it when buying a cooler :)