SAU Community

Fog/drivin Light Fines!

The difference is, it is actually legal to drive with teh fog lights on if the conditions exist, wheras driving lights are only allowed to be used at the same conditions as high beams.

if that is the case why would they turn on separate to the high beams?? r u sure ur not thinking of spot lights?? they must only turn on with the high beams.

if that is the case why would they turn on separate to the high beams?? r u sure ur not thinking of spot lights?? they must only turn on with the high beams.

Im sure, the law doesn't differenciate between driving lights and spot lights. Iv egot no idea why the morons who regulate the complying of new cars allow them to be wired/fitted as they are.

lol, ive never met such a bunch of anti fog light bungee smugling cop hating blood boiling wankers. there just lights.

next time it happens the usual line would be sorry officer i must have bumped the switch...considering on R32's the driving light switch is right there next to the head light switch....

I never really get bothered by fog lights/driving lights. I find the lights of four wheel dirves worse due to their height, especially when behind me siting at the lights.

I thought fog lights shouldn't really be pointing up. If you've ever been in thick fog and put your high beams on you realise they're useless and use your low beams. Fog lights usually light up the ground and to the sides more I thought. I use them sometimes as it lights up the area around the front and to the side of the car better.

I can't believe this is still in the performance section.

Edited by Fry_33

its funny and surprising how the blind moderators didn't move this thread to an appropriate section as its not related to "Forced Induction Performance" at all. Or maybe they're just being nice to the newbies for once and not being so uptight for a change like the "COPS" lol

Edited by 10MinuteCar

its funny and surprising how the blind moderators didn't move this thread to an appropriate section as its not related to "Forced Induction Performance" at all. Or maybe they're just being nice to the newbies for once and not being so uptight for a change like the "COPS" lol

dont forget the "report a post" link in each post to advise a moderator of the post and the reason for reporting. As you can see under each sub section there are listed Moderators for that area. Moderators dont have access to everything.

as for fog/driving lights the RTA website states that any light that has the ability to Dazzle oncoming traffic must not be used - same law used to stop neons, washer nozzle lights etc

how many people like the use of REAR fog lights in normal conditions????????

same applies to the fronts.

I am going to buy the brightest 10 billion candle power spotlights

and melt the eyeballs of the stupid mofo that followed me for 45min

with their high beams on... :woot:

F#@K me some people need to learn how to use their lights..

Here let me help.

Low beams are used when closely following another car.

High Beams are used when you are not going to blind other drivers eg. the poor bastard in front of you..

Driving lights are used to illuminate the first meter in front of your car and if your looking this far in front @ 100 Km/h

THEN CUT YOUR LICENSE IN HALF AND CATCH THE BUS

lol, ive never met such a bunch of anti fog light bungee smugling cop hating blood boiling wankers. there just lights.

next time it happens the usual line would be sorry officer i must have bumped the switch...considering on R32's the driving light switch is right there next to the head light switch....

try driving 12 hours a day like i do and you will hate them as well, they are purely wank factor, if you have not already seen what is 2 meters in front of you then you deserve to be upside down in a ditch.

and for those who drive around with no headlights and there driving lights on that is worse than wank factor, that is "have a look at me i just cut my cock off" factor.

bright rear brake lights that come on when the spotlights are on are good though, i get longer to follow them with a bull bar full of spotlights on.

• 2 weeks later...

RTA are jus old grumpy homos.. cry about everything.. those f**kin road works spotlights blind the f**k outta ur eyes.. dont see them taking these down.. those f**kin politican voting signs are a "dazzling" f**ked up distraction.. it really should be

RTA website states that anything enjoyable or lookin good is hear forth banned.. cause we are all old and cranky.. under setion 1 the act will state that if you can bribe enough we will let these things slide..

ps fog lights are usless in most situations but hey so are most things lol.. so no comment on that from me.. never really bothered me when they on other cars..

in other regard though.. high beamers piss me off (like some asian on the M1 behind me, even trucks on the other side were honkin.. so i got behind him and HIGH BEAM... he turned his off quick enough.. so i turned mine off and started driving agian... MY EYES.. stupid wank.. its one of those asians.. so back behind i go.. and HIGH BEAM ALL THE WAY HOME (bout 25min lol)

some may say i was just as bad but i was straight behind him and was high beaming him only.. and the other thing was... when i got off the highway he put them back on!!! OMG ARE YOU STUPID

if you were in a family car I doubt you wopuld have been pulled over. Most 4wds I see leave them on and most people who own expensive cars, as it attracts more attention to their car. maybe also makes it look more cool at night with foggies on.

Fair few people on the road nowadays drive with foglights on. So i have noticed!!

Just seems normal now.. Just like HIDS!! mostly every person has it..

Its just gonna be normal..

• 1 month later...
Im sure, the law doesn't differenciate between driving lights and spot lights. Iv egot no idea why the morons who regulate the complying of new cars allow them to be wired/fitted as they are.

i spoke with a QLD ploice officer yesterday about this and basically they said driving with fog lights on when its not foggy is a great way to get a ticket. but if u have ur driving lights on at anytime there is no ticket for it. they said that driving lights ARE different to fog lights and u can use driving lights whenever u like. they said spot lights used in the wrong places will get u a ticket as well but we didnt go into that in detail.

i dunno how acurate this would be in reference to actual regulations as they just told me this stuff off the top of their head. but at least it may show that different lights may be viewed differently. imo it all comes down to the officer. if they wanna give u a ticket they can, but most of them prob wouldnt be that worried about it.

its even worse when retards fit brighter bulbs into them. Why the f**k would you do that? They are meant to be low power to penetrate fog.

Thumbs up to the police handing out tickets to the morons that drive around with them on.

Some retards here even just put their parkers on, and use their fog lights as main lights.

Fair few people on the road nowadays drive with foglights on. So i have noticed!!

Just seems normal now.. Just like HIDS!! mostly every person has it..

Its just gonna be normal..

There are even retards fitting HID kits to there fog lights.

The other night I had some fool behind me with them on and it was damn annoying, especially with overly purple light temp. (Fool must've bought a 15000k kit or something)

They should bring out an EPA equivalent for people who fit HID kits to fog lights!