SAU Community

Clutch Acting Up!? Help...?!

Hey guys...

My first post, and its a cry for help... :D

Ive had my R34 GTt for about 5 months, and it had a brand new clutch in it when I bought it. A couple of days ago, I was driving along happily and all of a sudden I felt like gears were grinding when I shifted to 3rd gear... I thought it might just be a one off but then it got worse... now it happens when I shift into 2nd, 3rd and 5th... but only at 3,500 rpms + The stick kind of just gets stuck before it falls into place... grinds for about a second and then all is fine... At lower revs, I do not have this problem. I'm hoping someone would be able to tell me what's up before I take it to a mech.

If somebody knows of an earlier thread with this topic, please paste the link, I tried looking but I couldn't find any similar threads. Thanks! :laugh:

Worn out sycnros?

Long term wise... rebuild gear box..

However, it can be fixed in the short term with Redline Shock proof light gear box oil....

Give it a go and see how it is... takes about a week or so for it to get in and about your gears... so dont expect immediate results... But it should smooth it out and get rid of the crunch.

Thanks for your replies guys.

oof... rebuilding the gearbox...? well, thats gonna cost me a bit.

I'm taking her to my mech tomorrow so I'll post what was wrong with it once I get it fixed.

Cheers guys.

As of this evening I too am in need of this advice!! Only difference is I have an R33. I'm hoping gearbox oil or something will fix it...

Jack

any updates jack?... did you find out what was wrong with your car?

i had my 20det box rebuilt not that long ago.. started gridning gears not long out after rebuild i used the same gears though i sent it back and the only thing was it was the teeth on the gears that was chiped... so each change into 5th and evey change into 5th i get a nice crunch could but could be a clutch or warn out synchrode...

careful when a synchrode goes though... threw a bearing and blew my box but i dunno why it did that

You probably won't believe this... but the problem actually had nothing to do with the clutch or the gearbox. The throttle body callibrations had somehow changed in the ECU so apparently so the car was taking too long to realise that I had let go of the accelerator when I'm changing the gears. It didn't make too much sense to me either, but after I reset the ECU, the grindings gone... =)