SAU Community

Saber 60mm Gauges

Hey Guys,

Looking at purchasing some Saber "electronic" smoke gauges.. but wondering whether there is any "sun light" issues during the day..

So looking to see if anyone has these installed and what they think of in terms of visibility issues? Or alternatively what are the aftermarket gauges you have (52mm or 60mm) and internet site to look at the style..

Also any problems with said gauges..

cheers

ps.. looking at replacing the 3 factory gauges in a r34 GTT.. so they wont be facing directly at me..

Hey Guys,

Looking at purchasing some Saber "electronic" smoke gauges.. but wondering whether there is any "sun light" issues during the day..

So looking to see if anyone has these installed and what they think of in terms of visibility issues? Or alternatively what are the aftermarket gauges you have (52mm or 60mm) and internet site to look at the style..

Also any problems with said gauges..

cheers

ps.. looking at replacing the 3 factory gauges in a r34 GTT.. so they wont be facing directly at me..

If you're still gonna use the triple guage holder 60mm guages will sit on the outside of the window, 52mm guages will fit inside the windows but you need to make a custom bracket from metal that they can be fastened on to.

Saber only come in 60mm from memory. and the packaging was exactly identical to the autoguage guages I bought from JustJap, only the brand was stamped differently of course, wouldn't surprise me if they came out of the same production line from Taiwan or wherever they're made

here's mine, smoked face 52mm. During the day they can be a bit dim if there's any glare, looks the goods at night can notice people from cars around me rubbernecking to look at the guages.

post-29425-1211160320_thumb.jpgpost-29425-1211160393_thumb.jpg

I used boost,oil temp and a/f ratio guages in the guage holders, I can still monitor battery voltage through my powerfc h/c

Edited by Yo-Yo

hey yo yo

yeah saber only got 60mm gauges.. but i like the "standard" sorta look too.. yeah they are the three gauges im looking at getting.. not sure about oil temp though.. i got an oil cooler and my temp doesnt move from 70.. uless its not working :starwars: but i dont know what else to get.. i want a/f, boost, ??? so yeah.. they look the sh!t aye.. nice look.. gotta be happy with that..

might jus dive in the shark pit and hope they go alright.. i was thinking of the 52mm cause if they sit in more then there should be less glare.. however i was wondering what the gauge holder would look like in the cluster.. stop/reduce glare..

thanks for the pics too.. gives an idea..

No problem mate,

yeah the boost guage sits where the factory one would, i have the a/f ratio on the opposite end with the oil temp in the middle.

water temp, oil pressure guages are in the dash already so i stayed away from those...

unless you get a battery voltage guage?

I have a power fc with hand controller so I can still read battery voltage on the display, only one left was the oil temp so I took that one

word of advice, unless you're very technically minded and good at DIY I'd pay to get a professional job done. Takes quite a bit of customisation to do properly.

boost guage had to run the pipe through a gromet in the firewall, a/f ratio guage had to have a wide band(?) sensor added so it could read properly, the guages themselves had to have a custom backing plate made up to fit them as the stock gauges are a 1 piece item.

lot of wire relocation from the original plug setup etc.

Goodluck, definitely worth it everytime I hop into the skyline :D

damn that makes me wish i had that cluster in my 34 instead of the tv...

looks tops! very nicely done.

good fitment, looks factory

as for the saber gauges, i bought 2 of em today. hooked up the boost gauge, havent driven the car since but very happy with how it looks/lights up etc :)

i'll test it out tomorrow see what its like

guys don't buy the AF gauge. waste of money. does absolutely bugger all. buy a oil pressure guage. even though there is a factory one they are very slow to react and quite often faulty too. or at least get water temp or EGT. those cheap AF gauges that run off your factory 02 sensor tell you absolutely bugger all.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...