SAU Community

35gtr Vs Civic Type R

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its America, who tunes GTRs over there? Are they tuneable yet? you cant even import the things.. Hands down to the money put into that civic tho.

Edited by DECIM8

$100 bucks says it was a soft yank roll-on race! :/ haha

There is no way that a civic can launch harder than an R35 without drag slicks and wheelie bars.

No doubt that civic is a very quick car and with a fair monster of an engine that makes some serious power...but still a civic. :wave:

Still shows what some quality tuning can do

with the right amount of money a civic can launch harder then a r35, as we all know with money practicly anything is possible.

with an all new drive train and AWD,which it would need to launch harder, it wouldnt be a civic anymore :S.just a shell

LOL @ Sore losers

GTR got destroyed in the end...wasnt even a contest..

Exactly...teh gtr can lose...lolz

Seriously...i agree it wasn't a fair race...but the close mindedness is shocking...

That was a great vid. The GTR got pwned.

who would have thought you could run 580 hp through the civic motor...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Did some maintenance on the MX5, did the engine oil and filter which was uneventful, then I drained the coolant to put in the new reservoir and a thermostat, reservoir took 5 minutes  The thermostat, well that took.........3 bloody hours, what a job, the issue was the 3 bolts holding it on, one was easy, 2 were hidden and required a few 1/4 drive extensions, 1 more than I had, and a 1/4 swivel, which I also didn't have, and a good amount of playing contortionist  Getting the 2 unseen bolts back on was a time consuming nervous nightmare, as I couldn't see where they went there was alot of stabbing and hoping for the best, trying to line up a 8 mm bolt straight, which you cannot actually see or get a hand in there, with a 1/4 swivel in the mix was a nightmare Anyways, it's done now, all burped out, and run up to temp a few times, happily no leaks thank Jebus After the thermostat fiasco I decided I need a few mental health days away from tools before doing the rest of the servicing on it As for the Dunnydoore, it had the aircon regassed and it has a clean bill of health, thinking about taking it out on Monday for a cruise down the coast to look at some houses if weather permits 
    • In other important race car news, instead of fixing the race car I changed the crank seals on the chainsaw, because wood burner Some damn tight (and lock tighted) m6 head bolts Who knew plastic crank cases were a thing! Quick tip, don't trust the youtube videos that say you can pull the old seals out with the head on in a husky 440e...not true, their crank seal tucks in behind the cover both sides. I'm not sure I'm a psychopath, but these things are damn loud....hope I can put all the bits back in the right place    Happily, it is now back to turning fallen trees into a combination of firewood logs and wood chips....just need a clear day to get into it properly
    • I've got 60L of e85 in there at the moment
    • Don't forget to make sure the tank is full to the brim before you try to replace the fuel pump too, that is an essential step.
    • No, 260RS/4wd stagea is 33 GTR/GTS4 double wishbone all round, not struts. The 2wd cars are confusingly strut front. At there rear there is one balljoint at the outer end of the lower control arm. If you have HICAS (my Stagea doesn't, but I think 260RS did, there will be a balljoint of sorts where the HICAS arm attaches to the rear of the hub At the front, there are ball joints either end of the lower control arm, plus the tie rod end for the steering arm