SAU Community

35gtr Vs Civic Type R

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that race.

Nissans done pretty well there imo. nearly as quick, 1000 times better in every other department and has a warranty :(

civic hauls ass but its not surprising.

its like supercharged greyhound v a standard sausage dog.

R35 GTR isnt a drag car pure and simple.. it wasnt built for drag racing. The fact that it posts a pretty quick time is credit to Nissans engineering. As for the civic beating it.....No big deal...that car has been built for that kind of speed.look at its power to weight ratio...Any car with the right amount of work and money sowed into it can run considerably faster drag times...Hell I have seen a turbo 250 cortina run 9's, even a 202 commodore run 10's.I even know a guy with a 351 XB falcon single 4 barrel carb, no NOS cast heads that runs a 10 flat...its not impossible...just relative to how much has been done to it..

who cares if its a fair race..the GTR got destroyed

That comment is so stupid it wouldn't even have been made on ns.com.

A race is meant to be a competition, and its not really competitive if you have a level playing field. If they ran a stock Civic against a GT-R I wouldn't consider it a race either. Parking a family hatch against a supercar isn't fair either.

If they were running 2 cars (1 modified drag car, 1 standard street car) side by side then yeah, whatever. If its not a race (or they're racing against a time set for each car rather than for position against each other) then yeah, who cares.

I'm more of a "who cares at all"? Maybe I should post footage of me running a red light on a bicycle in front of a Veyron, and then say how my two wheeler is faster than the world's quickest car because I "beat" it.

Good on the owner of the civic.

For those who think that teh GTR can nevar lose, that the video is pointless etc etc, youve well and truly missed the point id say :(

Who gives a fark about lap times at the ring, when the video is about a drag race?

Everyone *knows* the GTR isnt built for drag racing. Id go so far as to say no bog stock car is.

BUT, the GTR is an impressively fast car in a straight line so its good to see someone take a car worth probably less than a fifth of the value of a GTR when new and show what they can do to it, then prove it with not only dyno figures, but a race too.

Im fairly certain the video doesnt claim for anyone to have produced a car with the looks, prestige, build quality, warranty or overall engineering of the GTR. Its just showing how quick an unassuming little 4cyl hatch can be, the GTR being the benchmark for 'quick'.

Good on the owner of the civic.

For those who think that teh GTR can nevar lose, that the video is pointless etc etc, youve well and truly missed the point id say :(

Who gives a fark about lap times at the ring, when the video is about a drag race?

Everyone *knows* the GTR isnt built for drag racing. Id go so far as to say no bog stock car is.

BUT, the GTR is an impressively fast car in a straight line so its good to see someone take a car worth probably less than a fifth of the value of a GTR when new and show what they can do to it, then prove it with not only dyno figures, but a race too.

Im fairly certain the video doesnt claim for anyone to have produced a car with the looks, prestige, build quality, warranty or overall engineering of the GTR. Its just showing how quick an unassuming little 4cyl hatch can be, the GTR being the benchmark for 'quick'.

Agreed.

lol at all the peeps who didnt notice this vid was filmed in SINGAPORE and not teh U.S of A.

Damn you sure could hear that civic coming though.

Lets also try and put something into perspective. The GTR is a supposed "supercar", correct. It got pwnzred by a civic. That would take some engineering skill to get a late 90's buzzbox to toast teh champ. Bragging rights and first blood to teh civic.

Secondly, this was never meant to be a circuit sprint. A drag race was what it was. Not even Nissans engineering trickery got it past the civic. Remember also that the cars were sporting relatively equal amounts of power - The GTR even had mines gear under the body - and ofcourse the civic was much lighter but is it to blame because of it? Nope, take an advantage where you can get it.

Now..all we need to do is slim the porker GTR down a few hundred kilos./..

Put it this way, how do all the Porsche 911 Turbo owners feel when we buy a Nissan GTR and have bragging rights to setting a quicker time at Nurburgring???

more to the point how would 911 turbo owners feel if they came up against that civic! :D

Now if only someone could tune my Camry to pwn a R35, then I'm happy.

its called an aristo :D

Simple steps to camry pwnage

1. Camry

2. 2J

3. T51R

4.???

5. Profit!!!

I'll keep that mind if I ever become rich... & got nothing better to do with my $

Bring on camry pwnage!!! :D

Edited by Mayuri Krab

When you go to the drags, there's a lot of cars that do slower times than this little Type R Civic would, and yet are a lot less streetable and look a lot more (scary) incomplete. It's an impressive little car with a lot of potential. There's just as many youtube clips with hondas getting smashed, don't worry! I enjoy all of it... Run what ya brung!!! But to be a Nissan rules and all else is mud kinda guy, I may as well be a typical one-eyed Holden lover - V8's to the death kinda thing!?!?!?! I'm a car lover - some more than others - some not much at all (read Hyundai/Kia/Pontiac/Holden etc!).

It accelerates.... it must be partly good!

give the gtr 2bar of boost??? dude.. fastest civic in the world is faster than the fastest GTR in the world

quit being a wanker and get over it.

the fastest GTR has run 7.5x the fwd's r in the 7.1x region

u can give the gtr as much boost as u want.. its still going to be slower down the strip.

throw some turns into the equation and u get a different result.. but we're talkin drags here, and we dont have braggin rights

throw some turns into the equation and u get a different result..

Ya know...even thats under question...

So a well sorted GTR would mince a well sorted honda civic...

Hmm...evidence please.

Im sure there are some hondas out there that can claim some ground back you know...

I am sick of derrrrr "I bought a go kart put jet motor on it and it bet a GTR and it only cost me $3000" threads to compare the GTR. If you are talking mods to one car put them on the comparison Car. Yep shove snails that can handle 30lb boost and tunning engine work that the Civic has had and guess what the Civic would be spanked severley.

hey cool... it beat it. the civic owner has to be happy with that!

i might strap a rocket to my push bike then beat the gtr.

just as effective and the end result is the same.

or maybe i should just roll and apple and an orange down the road and see which one wins.

first i have to build up hype before the race and show how the apple grew on a tree and how it was picked and then washed down with water... u know its all crucial plot points for the big race.