SAU Community

Driving Tips Everybody Thinks Everybody Else Knows

psi

I was cut off by an idiot in an R33 recently, it sparked a responce from me. !0 great driving tips!

1: Dont play chicken with a bus! You weigh just over 1 tonn, we weigh over 20, you and your car WILL loose.

2: Not all buses are slow!

3: Dont tail gate. Its stupid and dangerous. I ran over a roo near Gladstone and spattered it all over a suzuki that was tail gating me. lol

4: If you cant see a drivers mirrors (truck, bus, car, 4WD or bike), they cant see you. Dont drive in their blind spots!

5: Turn on your freaking lights on dark or stormy days. If you dont see them, maybe they will see u.

6: Keep a safe distance. This is your saftey zone. you need a 3 second gap between you and the vehicle in front.

7: If you want to drive at 90km/h, thats fine, but dont speed up on overtaking lanes.

8: Dont EVER buy or drive a campervan, caravan or winnabeigo!

9: People die from road rage, so get away from bad situations, dont agrovate others.

10: If a bus or truck wave you through an intersection, they probably need the space to get into a tight spot. Get out of the way!

Now that you have read this, I am sure that you will need to add a few of your own. Please keep them relative to the topic..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old man gave me a sage piece of advice when I was a youngen. "drive like everyone else is trying to kill you" were his words.

I tried that and ran late for everything so i figured he got it wrong. Now i drive like i am trying to kill every other prick out there and i am never late.

Lol. Somehow I'd have thought you'd be quicker, or did you not see the guy behind you with the knife?

Give way to Skylines..... :happy:

Seriously though, I got pissed off today by one of those tards who decided to change lanes at the last second to turn off a road. Don't leave it till the last second.

1 Use f**king indicators, it lets everyone else know what you may be thinking

2 don't swap lanes on roundabouts

3 don't indicate right if you're going straight ahead on a roundabout

4 KEEP LEFT (It's the new black!)

5 Try merging at the stated highway speed, it stops a wagon-train of cars clogging the left hand lane and makes life easier for the car you "were" going to cut off while you're doing 70 and not looking

6 Get out of my f**king way!

As Dan said! Also, have respect for the Skyline, it's quicker than you think. Don't try merging in front of one when they are coming at high speed , you may think your 200m is enough room. IT'S NOT, we will be on your ass in no time!

even more important when you are going left around a car that is waiting to turn, almost had a crash at Stafford just over the railway crossing because stupid bitch in a massive BMW 4WD decided the change lane swithout indicating. pulled out just in time for me to see the parked car right in front of me.

think of the sence from that movie "distubria" at the start!

Out of all the things that really annoy me on the roads, that has to be top of the list!

5 Try merging at the stated highway speed, it stops a wagon-train of cars clogging the left hand lane and makes life easier for the car you "were" going to cut off while you're doing 70 and not looking

this one annoys me the most... purely because some morons don't realise that cars are travelling at 100klms on the highway and these wankers are merging at 70 - 80 ks..

F**KIN MOVE.. cause more accidents entering slowly.. and for the record retards.. they can see you coming so they know to let you in if ur on 100..

ps.. obviously not aimed at skyline owners :D

Keep left is the biggest one for me. If you wanna travel at 90km/h in the 100 zone fine just do it in the left lane so i can pass you.

AND even more important. If your gunna do the speed limit don't do it sitting next to someone who is also doin the speed limit. MOVE THE f**k OVER that has got to be the most annoying thing on the road.

Strange thing I notice when driving the R32.

Everyone has a point to prove or they really want you to notice them.

Someone will decide to do something silly like speed off only to brake 1 second later. We're stuck in traffic buddy.

Or they'll speed up just to cut you off. When you're in the slower lane...................

Didn't really have the problem with my previous cars. =\

-When driving on a 2 lane road and manouvering through a roundabout, don't be lazy and cut from the outside lane into the inside lane!

"Driving Tips Everybody Thinks Everybody Else Knows"

Don't go 20 below the speed limit..... I thought everyone knew that? Apparently f*king not.... sigh. Im pissed off at the moment thats all :D just home from work some tard was going 60 in an 80 zone, i've gone to overtake and then the f*ker speeds up to 80 while im trying to pass in the on coming lane.... love it...f*king love it.

Edited by ToMMaH

^^^

that gets worse especially when a truck does that.

A while back, we went to Broom with another family in a rented sh*t box van (thanks alot mum...) & going on route 1, there was a truck going about 80km/h in a 110km/h, but as soon as we went to the other lane (incoming traffic lane, the line was dotted) it f*cken speeds up, & since the van was a rented from a cheapo place & it was loaded & it was a pos we had to break & go back behind him coz it had sh*t all acceleration. As soon as we are behind him, he f*cken slows down to 80km/h again >:D.

Edited by Mayuri Krab