SAU Community

Front Mount Pics

dmonic1

just thought i would put a couple of pics up with my new cooler in behind a dayz bar. it fits but required some serious massaging of the bar to clear the cooler and piping. im going to put some spot lights infront of the end tanks to clean it up a bit

post-44842-1213875463_thumb.jpgpost-44842-1213875299_thumb.jpgpost-44842-1213875341_thumb.jpg

i would like to take this opportunity to give a big plug to Bill at Adelaide Turbo Services (ATS). i picked up my turbo today so i know what im doing tomorrow. very professional and definatly knows his shit. i got him to build me a highflowed GT30. he has used a stock compressor housing and machined it out and fitted a dual ball bearing garret core and a garret ehxaust houising to suit the standard flange and dump pipe and machined that out to fit the larger wheel. so from the outside it will all look stock but should give a very big woosh.

post-44842-1213974706_thumb.jpgpost-44842-1213974809_thumb.jpg

Hey very nice mate, looks just like mine.....

I would be really interested in hearing how your car goes after fitting the turbo as I will be shortly looking at doing the same thing to my car.

Good luck with it all

post-39581-1214018034_thumb.jpg

post-39581-1214018044_thumb.jpg

i would like to take this opportunity to give a big plug to Bill at Adelaide Turbo Services (ATS). i picked up my turbo today so i know what im doing tomorrow. very professional and definatly knows his shit. i got him to build me a highflowed GT30. he has used a stock compressor housing and machined it out and fitted a dual ball bearing garret core and a garret ehxaust houising to suit the standard flange and dump pipe and machined that out to fit the larger wheel. so from the outside it will all look stock but should give a very big woosh.

post-44842-1213974706_thumb.jpgpost-44842-1213974809_thumb.jpg

I'm looking to get mine done by GCG - how does your guy compare - what was the price?

just thought i would put a couple of pics up with my new cooler in behind a dayz bar. it fits but required some serious massaging of the bar to clear the cooler and piping. im going to put some spot lights infront of the end tanks to clean it up a bit

post-44842-1213875463_thumb.jpgpost-44842-1213875299_thumb.jpgpost-44842-1213875341_thumb.jpg

does youre reinforsment still fit on with that cooler.

if so where did you get it n how much? that looks like the set up i want

yeah it is the cooling pro stealthkit. i think they are the same for r33 and r34. i got it on ebay for $499 plus $40 postage. u have to trim a small section out of the rio and relocate your horns. i had to take a fair bit out from the back of the front bar but if u take ur time u can get it to look really nice and clean. i found the hardest thing to do was the remove and replace of thr front bar and getting the original cooler out as the rubber hoses are really stuck on there.

about my turbo i put it on yesterday and took about 4 or so hours with the help from a mate. i payed $2350 for the turbo and a complete hose kit which bill sources for you. u have to supply a front compressor housing or its $2500 as he charges $150 for a compressor housing. now i have no piggy backs and i only have an exhaust 3 inch of the turbo no cat, trust air pod and the front mount. at the moment i am going to keep it at stock boost. took it for a drive and u can tell straight away that there is a bit more lag, needs more timing down low. when u sink the boot into it comes onto boost just before 3000rpm and for me at 8psi is there at about 3500rpm. the big thing for me is that it holds there all the way through the rev range and the power feels strong. ( bugger it im going to put the boost controler and wind it up abit)

my next steep is to put the manual box in so i can put my power fc in. i have a z32 afm, tomei fuel pump and a nismo pressure reg to put in yet also and then i will up the boost. im really looking to get 250 + RWK

just a note to people with split type dumps that have the fitting for that press fit into the standard turbo's exhaust wheel. u will have to cut that fitting off and die grind the opening out if u are going to fit a high flowed turbo. a high flowed turbo will have a larger exhaust wheel and if u leave that fitting in u will greatly reduce the flow of ur new turbo.

about my turbo i put it on yesterday and took about 4 or so hours with the help from a mate. i payed $2350 for the turbo and a complete hose kit which bill sources for you. u have to supply a front compressor housing or its $2500 as he charges $150 for a compressor housing. now i have no piggy backs and i only have an exhaust 3 inch of the turbo no cat, trust air pod and the front mount. at the moment i am going to keep it at stock boost. took it for a drive and u can tell straight away that there is a bit more lag, needs more timing down low. when u sink the boot into it comes onto boost just before 3000rpm and for me at 8psi is there at about 3500rpm. the big thing for me is that it holds there all the way through the rev range and the power feels strong. ( bugger it im going to put the boost controler and wind it up abit)

hmmm. its weird but my boost is running at 10psi with no boost controller. only mods are 3inch exhaust from turbo, apexi pod and the earthing boost solenoid mod. it sometimes peaks at 11psi and havent fellt boost cut yet. i recon u sold me on the cooler for the easy pipping install

they used my standard wastegate actuator but made it an adjustable one. i specified that i wanted to run 8psi so thats what they set it at. i turned the boost up to 10psi earlier tonight and wham what a difference. 100km/h comes really quickly now. cant wait for the manual to go in so i can run the power fc and give it a tune so i can really unleash what i now have under the bonnet.

u barely have to cut the rio to be honest. the rio is like a piece of C channel and i only had to take a small section the length of the cooler from the underside of the rio. such a small price to pay for such an easy instalation. its a pitty the pipe didnt go over the top of cooler as then more of the cooler would be in open airspace but never mind. i put my number plate infront of the bottom pipe and put it on an angle to deflect more air upwards through the cooler.