SAU Community

Winton Raceway Track Day..

black_gtst

Winton have another fun day on 12th of july, anyone else heading up? $25 for a day on the track.

Run in half hour sessions, one with passangers, one without.

Just need 2 bring long sleeves, pants and a helmet.

Car gets scruteneered just 2 check for loose items etc

For more info visit

www.wintonmotorraceway.com.au

brett

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i might come along.. even though my car is n/a might be a bit of fun.. one thing though, my pads only have about 5000 km's left on them would i need to replace them before going yeh? any other main things i should do for a track day?

above is a good thread! dont need a cams licence at winton fun days though. really depends how hard you wanna go and for how long as to weather you need new front pads. If your planning on driving back to melb at the end of the day i would definatly recomend puttin some new fronts in. beats having worn pads putting an early end to your day!

would b good 2 get a few sau's up there for the day!

brett

Only thing i'm scared of is my N/a brakes.. will there be many hard core track people with fast cars and awesome brakes that will be annoying trying to avoid an accident?

would suck if they fly past you and then just slam there brakes on :\ guess there more experienced though.

don't really want to go too hard on my first track day..

Pretty easy really, no booking just roll up on the day. It was actually $30 last time in January, but whoop-de-f**king-do.

No fire extinguisher requirement, just show up with a road/raceworthy car, clothes that cover the extremities and a helmet. That's it. Last time there was every car there from a bog stock Hyundai Excel to a 996 Porsche Turbo, a stripped out supercharged V8 M3, what looked like an ex-V8 Supercar and Scotsman's 33.

I found it to be a great introduction to track days too, because everyone is out there just to have fun, not set times. The first few laps you'll be paranoid as hell about other drivers and binning it, but after that you catch yourself having fun and it's all good after that :D

It gets pretty busy in the morning, but if you're prepared to stay the whole day and get back to melbourne late, you'll just about have the track to yourself in the last couple of sessions.

Pretty easy really, no booking just roll up on the day. It was actually $30 last time in January, but whoop-de-f**king-do.

It gets pretty busy in the morning, but if you're prepared to stay the whole day and get back to melbourne late, you'll just about have the track to yourself in the last couple of sessions.

One more n00b question, if you don't turn up in the early morning, are you not allowed on the track?

I mean, if I came at 10:30AM, past the normal briefing time, there is no afternoon session?

Its just the people who got there on time are still around in the afternoon? :D

A friend is considering bringing his ford laser lol

good to hear a few will be there! havent been for a while! Depends how many numbers they get but 10:30 should be sweet i would say. Usually by bout 2-3pm track is pretty quiet due to people gettin sick of it or cars are startin to show signs on a floggin! cheap motel room in benalla which is bout 5 mins away could be an option for ya too!

heard that s/c'd M3 was a pretty impressive piece of gear!

lookin forward to it!

good to hear a few will be there! havent been for a while! Depends how many numbers they get but 10:30 should be sweet i would say. Usually by bout 2-3pm track is pretty quiet due to people gettin sick of it or cars are startin to show signs on a floggin! cheap motel room in benalla which is bout 5 mins away could be an option for ya too!

heard that s/c'd M3 was a pretty impressive piece of gear!

lookin forward to it!

The beamer isnt THAT good, looks good in the pits and sounds good when it runs, but it somehow only manages to do half a lap or one full one if its lucky before leaving the track.... it always seems to have its bonnet up!

Cant wait! Driving up friday, staying at Benalla, funday, back to Benalla, Winton Sprints, back to Benalla, home Monday. Will be a mad weekend!

damn it, this sounds awesome! i've always wanted to track my car, especially if its a "fun day"...but its on the day after my bday :D how often are these days run?