SAU Community

Spare Keys

yep a trip to nissan so they can look it up and progam a key to it.

I can't remember when I did that car but it *should* have gotten two immobiliser tags. if not tell me and I can arrange a spare one.

yeah there was 2 little plastic immobiliser tags.. i don't remember any numbers on them tho... they were removed when i had the new alarm put in.. i think i know where they are tho..

if i have them tags will i need to get this code from Japan that everyone's talking about??

im getting lost now? i thought the tags were metal with a code on them?? or are these plastic ones that were on my keys something different?

Edited by GeNOS

• 4 weeks later...

I can now program the transponder keys for V35 Skylines. The immobilise PIN can (in most cases) be calculated from the BCM serial number which I can do as well.

It requires deprogramming all existing keys and programming them again one by one including the new one. The key needs to be cut and have the little transponder chip inside it's plastic cover.

I'm in Canberra if anyone needs a key programmed.

Tom

I can now program the transponder keys for V35 Skylines. The immobilise PIN can (in most cases) be calculated from the BCM serial number which I can do as well.

It requires deprogramming all existing keys and programming them again one by one including the new one. The key needs to be cut and have the little transponder chip inside it's plastic cover.

I'm in Canberra if anyone needs a key programmed.

Tom

You all dat?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I hope its okay if I drag up this long running thread again.

I have a 2002 HV35 300GT sedan which if I'm reading the thread correctly does not have a transponder in the key correct? Good news if so.

Second question is my key has remote entry buttons on it. Is it possible to get a spare one which will also open my car remotely? The key looks like this:

nIpKO.jpg

MH7GB.jpg

Cheers,

Ross

Hi guys, I hope its okay if I drag up this long running thread again.

I have a 2002 HV35 300GT sedan which if I'm reading the thread correctly does not have a transponder in the key correct? Good news if so.

Second question is my key has remote entry buttons on it. Is it possible to get a spare one which will also open my car remotely? The key looks like this:

/Snip/

Cheers,

Ross

Hey,

I have a R34 here, same looking key as yours, was going to get a spare, asked Nissan and they quoted me $550 for the key, but he said I could buy it in separate parts if that helped LOL.

that is a patrol key.

I can get them fairly easily and they are not $550..

That's odd, probably a different key, I was quoted $550 for the whole key, the guy printed out a sheet with an exploded view on it with all the individual parts totaling $550.

So I just went with the normal blank key for $10.

Is this it?

ER34-013025

GGKAREAR34EDA-CF--

R34

QM1G

RB25DE

4SPD AUTO

in which case part number is:

H0564-C9920

that is the full assy.

last one I bought was $300.

GGKAREAR34EDA-CF--

R34

QM1G

RB25DE

4SPD AUTO

in which case part number is:

H0564-C9920

that is the full assy.

last one I bought was $300.

Ohh, thanks for that, I still remember when I asked him to check the prices for me, he told me it would be expensive (I was expecting around $200), but got quite a shock when he told me it would be over half a grand for a key :laugh:

So would I give this:H0564-C9920 part number to Nissan to order or ??

I will try and make this key last as long as it can, but the last owner from Japan seemed to have pressed the buttons with his/her nails :dry:

:cheers:

Hey Guys,

I am after some assistance from anyone who can tell me where is the best place in Melbourne to get a spare Key.

I have Just been to Nissan Brighton who quoted $453 to get a blank key and then said $150 to reprogram.

This is obviously expensive but from reading this thread seems to be standard from Nissan and I have searched ebay, import monster etc but cant seem to find a spare second hand.

Only problem is they told me they can't guarantee that the Reprogram will work but will charge me the $150 regardless.

I am having my alarm system replaced also as I only have one remote and can't seem to find a replacement remote due to it being a Chinese Brand Alarm currently fitted. Will replacing the alarm cause any dramas with the factory key / immobilizer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Noel.

Hi - I have just had a spare key supplied by a local locksmith for my V35 coupe. The key doesn't have the remote function but it has the transponder in it so I can enter the car (which turns off the immobiliser) and start the car. He also supplied a valet key.

I did not have a key code, he has a reader which produces a serial number which then can be programmed into the transponder key.

Total cost = $125.

However if you lose your one and only key and don't have a key code, you can expect to pay about $1300 for a replacement. At least that is what it costs for and X-Trail which uses a similar security set up and key codes.

A word of warning - don't hide your spare key under the car (especially in a magnetic box)as most thieves can find it in about 30 seconds with a mirror and LED light. And the magnetism will affect your transponder inside the key.

I'm located in regional SE Qld so most metro cities should have similarly equipped locksmiths getting around the place. So don't get ripped off.

Cheers - Neil

does anyone know someone local to brisbane (southside) that can do this??

i dont need any buttons on my key, just something to unlock and start car.

• 9 months later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread....

But can someone tell me whether a key that has been programmed for another car can be re-programmed?

I have an idea to use a key from a wrecked V35 and turn it into a fob as a spare.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread....

But can someone tell me whether a key that has been programmed for another car can be re-programmed?

I have an idea to use a key from a wrecked V35 and turn it into a fob as a spare.

why yes!