SAU Community

Spare Keys

visiting a nissan dealer, the first dealer didnt even bother to help me out, as it is an imported vehicles and the person a SHE... (no offense)

Before leaving, she gave me a number to call, guessing it's the spare part in HQ? He guy took my vin and quoted $416.57 just for the key and programming can be done at any dealer, PROVIDED i give them the pin and no guarantee. (can understand, coz the pin is not provided by them)

so i checked ebay and found this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Key-Patrol-T...%3A1|240%3A1318

It looks very much the same as our key, but will it work on our v35?

Wondering how JOHNR got it for $141.. mayb coz it is not imported from jp and it is actually for patrol? JOHNR, please help out?

visiting a nissan dealer, the first dealer didnt even bother to help me out, as it is an imported vehicles and the person a SHE... (no offense)

Before leaving, she gave me a number to call, guessing it's the spare part in HQ? He guy took my vin and quoted $416.57 just for the key and programming can be done at any dealer, PROVIDED i give them the pin and no guarantee. (can understand, coz the pin is not provided by them)

so i checked ebay and found this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Key-Patrol-T...%3A1|240%3A1318

It looks very much the same as our key, but will it work on our v35?

Wondering how JOHNR got it for $141.. mayb coz it is not imported from jp and it is actually for patrol? JOHNR, please help out?

I got it from the Nissan service dept at Gosford Nissan and when I first enquired they quoted me $61. I paid by visa over the phone and they had it there for me in 2 days so they must have them in stock here in Oz. The key shown on ebay is worth a try for $25 but you must have the right profile for it to slide into the barrel. I don't know if the key on an ebay is a transponder key either. Keep trying other Nissan dealers because everyone you speak to will tell you something different and they generally don't like imports nor do they know much about them. Good luck

• 2 months later...

Hi TomR33 hope get to see this as I’m a newbie it won’t let me pm you

I have tried Japan and they don’t seem to be responding to my email

So I hope your still out there

the details are

FLJ001

SAEJ1690

DOT

284B1AQ000

AQ000

hope you can help

thanks tim

Hi TomR33 hope get to see this as I’m a newbie it won’t let me pm you

I have tried Japan and they don’t seem to be responding to my email

So I hope your still out there

the details are

FLJ001

SAEJ1690

DOT

284B1AQ000

AQ000

hope you can help

thanks tim

Hi Tim,

The part number you have provided is a bit strange as it seems to contain the serial number as well. Are you sure its not 284B1CD410?

I've ran the last number as your serial. Check your PM for the immo code it came up with.

Cheers,

Tom

Oh crap!

I just found out that my V35 only comes with one key too...It has buttons on it.

I have read the entire thread and am still confused...

I am looking to put in an alarm system for the car also. What do I need to buy? One that is a 'piggyback' unit with no controllers, such that the original Nissan buttons will be used OR a alarm unit with 2 matching controller units?

Once the above is tackled, I will need to have 1 key cut. Do I need to email Japan to get the codes? Or can I just PM TomR33 for his help, then go to Nissan to have a key cut?

Thanks in advance.

• 7 months later...
Hi Tom,

If you can see a serial number here, could you please PM me a pin. Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Bob

Hey Bob,

I've PMed you your pin. Let us know how you go with programming a new key.

Tom

• 1 month later...
Hi Tom,

Can you also help me to get the pin too?

As i only have one I-Key and needed the pin to get another spare key.

Cheers!

Daniel

IMG_4414_Medium.jpg

Hi Daniel,

I can't see the serial # on your BCM. Usually it's at the bottom of the sticker. Yours doesn't have it.

Is it of a 4 door v35?

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes my is 2005 V35 250GT 4 door.

If you don't have the metal tag with your key than the only way to get your immo pin is to contact Nissan Japan.

Tom

Contacted Nissan Japan and got the pin code!

Wow they are very fast responded my email :)

So now i just have to drop in the local nissan dealer and have the I-key reprogramed?

Edited by Son Gokou

• 1 month later...
to be honest I would look more at a GQ patrol key. I put a price up on one of those in the car audio section.

if you have a chassis number I'll look up a replacement key for you and give you the part number

Chris, could u help with the part number? I've PMed you

Thanks!