SAU Community

Spare Keys

Sorry to say that I have lost my BCM code (even my backups were blank). I hear that Nissan Japan won't help anymore and I can't seem to get in touch with TomR33. I still have two keys but I would like to have the code just in case.

Anyone around that can get the codes for me?

Thanks,

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, My 2003 Coupe came with only one key. Following earlier posts I emailed Nissan Japan the info from behind the kick panel. They sent the code to Nissan Oz who forwarded it on to my local dealer (country WA) All good so far! Now the dealer is confused as to what key to encode. If anyone out there has been successful in getting a new key, can you please tell me from which Nissan vehicle it came from? I wondered if a Maxima key would do the job. Cheers.

Do you have an aftermarket alarm? Are the black, plastic tags used to disarm it?

Try swapping them around.

Not sure if aftermarket or not. the dealer installed it during compliance. i was told that the black tags must be near the ignition switch. i assume it disables the oem immobiliser.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for digging up an old post.

I to was only provided one key and my car didnt even come with a remote, so i grabbed the info from my side kick panel and ive e-mailed Nissan Japan, incase they fall through i thought id post my BCM number info here with the hope someone will help me.

Thanks again guys really appreciate it.

post-99966-0-33719000-1359717850_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys,

I know this topic is old but jst letting you know if nissan australia tells you they cant help you with ciding a new key/remote they are liying out their arse, after arguing with a couple of dealers i found one in artarmon "Mildren Prestiege" they were able to code me a new set of keys with remote as well as the full programming of an intelligent key for $301.00 i previously only had the key without the remote, great having all the features

Well done getting the help. It never was that Nissan Australia can't help. But that they won't help. Helping import owners means you won't buy their cars.... It sux I know.

I find it funny that the local dealer calls me to code keys to these cars . it is even more interesting when they hand me thier C3 and a car and a key and a immobiliser code..

nissan japan won't sell me keys and will point me and everyone else wanting keys back to nissan oz who are supposed to point them to the dealer. dealers are told not to touch imports due to the R35.

fun and games..

Dealers should touch them Chris, they should touch them very intimately! lol

Apparently you can just buy the remotes off ebay that can be coded with instructions to your V35, but you need to buy a key to cut separately

IF that's true, then f**k yeah

Edited by Murry33

not entirely. but hey its on the net it must be true...

still need to program the transponder into the car. someone else has to do that

This is the hard part. Still haven't found someone keen to touch mine for less than $150 (which I reckon is a little excessive because they will do non-imports for less than half that! Don't want to pass over my hard earned to some knob with that mentality).

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, new 2003 350gt owner here.

I only got one set of keys with the car. I have had a browse around on the internet trying to find replacement keys to no real avail.

I have attached a picture of the set. I have figured out that the little button one is my immobiliser key so Ill have to get in touch with the manufacturer of them to see if I can get another from them. But for the main key, is this one shared with any other cars which were available in Australia?

Am I pretty much stuck with dealing with Nissan Australia to buy the actual spare and then can I get it cut at other places (I have seen Bells Locksmith/Abbotts Locksmith/JapLink mentioned) or do I just pull out the KY and warm up my credit card swiping arm?

qxFYAD0l.jpg

you can get the physical keycase and blade on ebay - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-3-BUTTON-REMOTE-KEY-SHELL-KEY-CASE-MICRA-350Z-PATHFINDER-NAVARA-/221126171658?_trksid=p2054897.l5659

However, you are going to need the immobilizer chip and remote central locking module and then have your car programmed to accept it. I am not sure if any ADM model nissans use the same type of keychip and/or central locking remote.

If you can find out if another ADM nissan does, you could try to find a 2nd hand key, take the keychip and remote board out, fit it to the case from ebay above, have the key cut at any locksmith, Then take the car to Nissan to have them program the BCM to accept both keys and both remotes.

Edited by sonicii