SAU Community

Spare Keys

I have a second-hand key - looks just like yours & is from a 2003 350GT coupe.

I have no idea if the chip & remote buttons can be re-programmed to a different car - I'll let you work that out. If you are interested you can have my key for $25 plus postage - I'm in SA. The car is gone (written off).

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like this Key issue is going on forever.

So I just picked up my 2006 series 2 v35. It came with two remote keys and a key with no buttons and a small metal tag with a code on it. . The dealer made a big deal of saying it had two keys! That would be fine you would think? I gave my wife one key and I had the other. Bad news is her key would not unlock the car so I changed the battery - still no good!

I have not tried to see if it will start the car as I thought that wouldn't be an issue. (until I just read all of this thread!!!) But what my problem is (I think) is I do not have an actual mechanical keyhole / lock to stick the key into. (Not sure if that is normal or not??? ) If I loose my key, or it stuffs up, I think I am in a world of pain and unhappiness. Yes? No? So... what are my options to get a spare key.

Chris - you seem to be the man - so if you can help or explain what I need to do I would be most grateful!

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Bought a V35 2003 Coupe, got one key, the buttons/fob doesn't work, and when I open the door with the physical key it sets off the alarm which is a lovely neighborhood wake up at 4:30am.

I've spent all day calling every Nissan dealership in Brisbane, only Petrie and Metro Nissan could get the key for $516.20 + freight but they both said they would be unable to program it and didn't know who could. When I said people have done it before they said "Oh the guy that might have done that has left".

I'm dying for a solution someone.

After much stuffing around I got a new key for my 2003 V35. Here's how. You remove the kick panel near the accelerator, in there is a BCM number, get your phone in there and take a photo, you email it to Nissan in Japan with your request for a key code. They then send it to Nissan Australia who will email you to let you know that they have it. You ask them to send it to your local Nissan dealer. You then ask your dealer to order a new key. I paid my dealer about $435 for the key and programming. You take your new key with the original to a key cutter and then take the old and new key back to the dealer who will program it if they have the appropriate coding machine. If not you'll have to find one who does and BINGO!!! you have a new key.....it's as simple as that. Don't be deterred because if you lose or damage your only key, you are totally stuffed.

The issue you will have is getting the code. Metro did it easily. Give them the build plate and money.

The service person there has a dislike for imports. They used to get me to program them. I no longer do it.

There is another way.

1. You can buy a blank transponder key from ebay like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-UNCUT-VIRGIN-IMMOBILIZER-TRANSPONDER-CHIP-KEY-BEST-QUALITY-FOR-NISSAN-TD2-/360852352455?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ANissan&hash=item540479edc7 Make sure it includes the transponder chip.

2. Get your BCM serial number and use software like Nissan SuperCode to convert it to your immo PIN.

3. Use software like Nissan Data SCan II to program your key.

At least it will let you start the car but you will not be able to open the doors remotely. Getting the remote working is the difficult part since v35 uses different frequency to all other local Nissans.