SAU Community

Stranded For The First Time :( :(

MyStag260

Well i guess it had to happen sooner or later... yep the Stag stranded me. Saturday morning when my GF was driving us home from a mates place she said the clutch felt really long and it was hard to get into gear, im like whatever. hahaha turns out she was right, i was also having trouble the next day on the way to work, finally stopping at a set of lights it simply wouldn't go into 1. The clutch pedal was just squish... so i pushed it across 4 lanes of traffic. Called RACV they sent a towy, he came n tried but said it ws too low at the front, so i spent about half an hour unbolting the front lip while it rained on me, called another towy n he brought it too my mechanic. what a bastard of a day :)

post-40810-1214819996_thumb.jpg

post-40810-1214820013_thumb.jpg

wow that hurts... let me know how much it all costs. sure ill be up for it sooner or later.

Feel your pain with the tow truck and 260RS front bar... not happy playfriends.

Dash lights....? (off topic i know haha)

wow that hurts... let me know how much it all costs. sure ill be up for it sooner or later.

Feel your pain with the tow truck and 260RS front bar... not happy playfriends.

Dash lights....? (off topic i know haha)

Nah not nice... ill let you know what part went pear shaped though.

Dash lights as in the EL guages? nah haven't gotten around to emailing Speed hut yet, but i will get it all together right now and shoot it through.

Cheers

Similar experience, while on my way home, felt the clutch wasn't right, then it wouldn't pop out. So I had to stop on the side of the road and call my old man, he came and pull the clutch pedal out. So I drove for another 10 mins and pedal became light as a feather and just won't do anything. Luckily I was about 5 mins from home, so I just parked on the side of the road and drove home with my old man. The next morning we came back and found that the clutch fluid were all gone, turned out to be a leak in the clutch line. So we had to top up the fluid and bleed the system on the side of the road, after about an hour of mucking around, I was finally able to limp it home.

Yeha haven't heard from the mechanic yet.... which is a bit of a worry.

yeah i painted the rims a few weeks ago, what a bastard of a job with so many spokes! i took a photos for DIY tute, will get that thread happening if anyone wants to see the process?

That is my car in its winter skin, the old rims, roof bars, and i have been trying to get ahold of some kickarse ralley looking mud flaps but can't seem to find any it supprises me that Nissan didn't make them as an optional extra considering the ad for the car was in the bloody snow! I am just using them as my winter rims so i can put chains on them for going to the snow i didn't want to scratch up my nice gutterrash free 18" GTR rims. And the standard silver colour is poo so sprayed them a specled metal grey.

That would have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO embarrasing.

yeah wasn't exactly a funtime... but ive never been embarrised by my stag and hopefully never will be so i took it on the chin.

Turns out after speaking with my mech that it was acutally the pedal itself, a bolt had sheered in the pedal box some. A few bent bits of metal here and there, but with a new bolt some nocking straight its all patched up :)

yeah wasn't exactly a funtime... but ive never been embarrised by my stag and hopefully never will be so i took it on the chin.

Turns out after speaking with my mech that it was acutally the pedal itself, a bolt had sheered in the pedal box some. A few bent bits of metal here and there, but with a new bolt some nocking straight its all patched up :)

Thats good it wasn't a major $ job.