SAU Community

Sbr's Engine Build.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the moment you get sticky tyres i can see that 3rd gear getting brokened.. cryo treating is a cheaper option to a gearset i know a bloke in bris who can do the rebuild with cryo treating for you if your interested pm me

I cryo treated our stock box...it lasted a while before 3rd gear decided to check out. OS gearset is a better but more expensive option.

f**k me dead simon didnt know you where going this far...it will be an interesting matchup between us im sure we will both have problems with traction but then again ive just purchased a set of volk te37s with toyo semi's so hopefully i wont have the same problems. Good luck my friend cant wait till its back on the road....

Update...block and head are at the machine shop (my machinist is still in shock from when i told him to give a fresh N1 block a 40thou overbore) The block will be bored, honed and relieved. The head is getting a Stage 2 port job and overhauled with new guides, seals and Tomei buckets. The reciprocating components are off to Sydney to be balanced.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Hmmmm

Paul, you're going to have to do dyno runs of all the car you've built lately and add them all up and divide by the number of cars... Average powah = A SHIT TONNE! :blink:

Update...block and head are at the machine shop (my machinist is still in shock from when i told him to give a fresh N1 block a 40thou overbore) The block will be bored, honed and relieved. The head is getting a Stage 2 port job and overhauled with new guides, seals and Tomei buckets. The reciprocating components are off to Sydney to be balanced.

If you sleeve RB blocks do they lose strength? Even if say that are grout filled to bottom of the water pump.

i know it does seem a shame to go and do that to a fresh block but in the first case i was never gonna use a n1 block. but as usual i changed my mind but at that stage i already had th 87mm kit so either way. plus im an aussie she'll be right lol

hehehehe now i know how nytsky felt all excited and shit lol hahahahaha

thats how we roll here in kangaroo country.... neways

ne news on the crank and how closely it was balanced from tomei in japan.???

very keen to see the flycuts in the pistons to allow clearance between valve and piston will be very interesting.

thats how we roll here in kangaroo country.... neways

ne news on the crank and how closely it was balanced from tomei in japan.???

very keen to see the flycuts in the pistons to allow clearance between valve and piston will be very interesting.

crank wont be done till mid next week

pistons only need 1mm removed from the piston skirt where the oil squirter reliefs already are...no machining is done to the crown.

crank wont be done till mid next week

pistons only need 1mm removed from the piston skirt where the oil squirter reliefs already are...no machining is done to the crown.

so there is enough clearance with big lift cams to miss the pistons. hmmmm thats suprising but aslong as it works i guess lol.

• 2 weeks later...
ne news on bits yet and maby a few piccys.... possibly

Stacey has taken the camera charger to work and is off work ill (im off work with the flu also) till next week. I can snap a few with my phone when im over there on friday and send them to you to upload.

I had a very similar problem with this guy around 6-7years ago he built me a custom turbo t3/4 for my old R31 gtsx rb20 wich shit itself after no more than 3-4000klm's coped it on the chin and had him repair it only for it to shit itself again after around the same sort of k's on a brand new engine. To wich he promptly decided to tell me that i had not cleaned my engine block properly after machining before assembly (what a crock of shite) had the turbo sent elsewhere for inspection were they informed me that he had only installed a 180 deg floating thrust (supposed to be 360deg bolt down thrust) wich had understandably decintergrated. Bottom line is this guy doesnt seem to have a clue what he is doing or is a blatent rip off murchant and will never take responsability for his own f--k ups some how it seems it is always the customers fault. hopefully others that read this thread will steer clear of him and save themselves a heap of cash and heartache. sorry about the rant and good luck with the new setup should be a cracker.

well heres how it goes i brought that turbo a lil while back now its a turbonetics HP61 650Hp according to john from townsville turbo supplies who sold it to me. the turbo was on the car for about 7 months and was set to 19 psi. i lost my license for defects and crossin double white lines gahhhhhhhhhh. so i took it off the road. i started to notice a buzzing noise from turbo wen car got switched off and i was pullin motor out neways so i didnt think to much of it. wen i got motor out i took turbo off and sent it back to tts and john rang me and said mate i havent seen a turbo this back in 20 years. im like WTF wat did i do he says the oil was boiling inside the turbo and has stuffed the bearings and he tells me i was using shit oil. i turn around and say 80bucks a bottle tells me i aint my friend royal purple 10-40. plus the person who fitted the turbo in the frist place tells me that it had a 2yr warranty then john says one yr and bcuz i left it too long the warranty ran out. 2g for a new core and i payed 2950 outrite for it wen i brought it. i told em to put it in a box and send it back hell i brought my new t04z for 2g,s lol

in regards to spool time on this turbo it would start making boost about 2800 and be on solid by 4 and thats on a stock rb25. one thing i will miss is the whistle it would make on spool up lol.

neways ne other questions feel free to ask?

I had a very similar problem with this guy around 6-7years ago he built me a custom turbo t3/4 for my old R31 gtsx rb20 wich shit itself after no more than 3-4000klm's coped it on the chin and had him repair it only for it to shit itself again after around the same sort of k's on a brand new engine. To wich he promptly decided to tell me that i had not cleaned my engine block properly after machining before assembly (what a crock of shite) had the turbo sent elsewhere for inspection were they informed me that he had only installed a 180 deg floating thrust (supposed to be 360deg bolt down thrust) wich had understandably decintergrated. Bottom line is this guy doesnt seem to have a clue what he is doing or is a blatent rip off murchant and will never take responsability for his own f--k ups some how it seems it is always the customers fault. hopefully others that read this thread will steer clear of him and save themselves a heap of cash and heartache. sorry about the rant and good luck with the new setup should be a cracker.

thats a shame to hear all that happened to u mate...... and yes paul that would be gr8 thnx

• 2 weeks later...