SAU Community

Sbr's Engine Build.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dscn0347bi4.jpg

oops...how did that one get in here

Fark looks the goods Paulie, you WILL have to call me before you start this thing up i want first ride.

BTW: Buy a new timing belt for god sake :)

looking good simon

cant wait until you bring this bad girl up one night, guess you will owe me a ride :D haha

you and t51r supra will have to have a few plays on highway lol

Maybe i missed it, but why bore a new block 40 thou oversize?

Did the pistons only come in 87mm or something like that?

thats what i thought too, must be a stroker of some form

Maybe i missed it, but why bore a new block 40 thou oversize?

Did the pistons only come in 87mm or something like that?

Unfortunately Simon had already purchased the 87mm 2.8 kit and had a used block...the decision to upgrade to N1 was made later in the piece. It was not a pleasant experience watching a fresh N1 being bored.

Fark looks the goods Paulie, you WILL have to call me before you start this thing up i want first ride.

BTW: Buy a new timing belt for god sake :(

and don't overtighten it for transport purposes! just fit it properly the one time. :D

engine looks good. tomei 2.8 is a very nice bit of gear. :)

yes paul exactly right. i had a used block here and as usual i changed my mind and brought an n1 to chuck it into instead. i could have used the 86.5mm pistons but it still would have needed an 20thou overbore either way i had no choice.

gave your block a chemical clean today Simon to remove all the nasty swarf, honing oil etc. Then gave the bores and deck a good coat of assembly oil. Crank has had a petrol bath, will get a spray down with carby cleaner in the morning and should be in and all torqued up by lunchtime.

don't worry im taking photo's

Edited by DiRTgarage

gave your block a chemical clean today Simon to remove all the nasty swarf, honing oil etc. Then gave the bores and deck a good coat of assembly oil. Crank has had a petrol bath, will get a spray down with carby cleaner in the morning and should be in and all torqued up by lunchtime.

don't worry im taking photo's

hahahaha u know me to well already paul.....

thnx mate. i watched an ignition dvd 2nite of u and ur car finally lol so ur misses can drive better then most of the boys of this forum huh lol

quick question are the rings supplied are they file fit or.....??

hopefully will get the head in the mail on wednesday so look out lol

Edited by skylinekid

hahahaha u know me to well already paul.....

thnx mate. i watched an ignition dvd 2nite of u and ur car finally lol so ur misses can drive better then most of the boys of this forum huh lol

quick question are the rings supplied are they file fit or.....??

hopefully will get the head in the mail on wednesday so look out lol

Stace was the 2004 National Drag Combat Series Champion and still holds the ANDRA Sport Compact record for the fastest (E.T.)and quickest (MPH) for a female driver. Considering she drove the car on regular street rubber with pump fuel and lowish boost its quite an achievement. She slots into 11th spot on this list http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ns...-s-t111251.html and hasn't raced for 3 years. She needs to get back out there and run a 10.

The rings...file down jobbies mate :/

doing the ring end gaps is my least favorite part of doing engines....cleaning parts in the parts washer is a close second.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Tomei forged conrods

img0916gw2.jpg

ACL Race Series main and rod bearings

img0919fj9.jpg

Time for a bath...keen eyes may spot the extra 1.5mm releifs machined at the base of either side of the bore to give sufficient rod clearance

img0921ib1.jpg

Right time for some assembly

img0922xr0.jpg

Edited by DiRTgarage

another great build up thread

top quality work there Dirt!

makes me very jealous, i havnt got my hands properly dirty in a good 8 months

skylinekid, you must have a grin plastered ear to ear, all the best mate