SAU Community

Wa Prices On Stags, S1 Vs S2 And S1 Aero Grille..anyone Interested?

nismokid

post-43041-1215824474_thumb.jpg post-43041-1215826923_thumb.jpg

Hey fellow S1 stag owners,

How many of you out there are finding it hard to get a dolphin or masa aero grille for S1 stags?

I know this has been talked about but come on seriously lets make it happen!

I would say the eyelids, clear indicators and the grille is the cheapest way to compliment a already existing dayz kit and definately makes it look better, check my attached pics. Also SOS to eastern state owners that av the grille, let Blits borrow it!

I am looking locally and I have spoke with Blits in QLD and they said that they can make up the mould from a dolphin one, Im tryn to convince Jnr to lend me his, and they charge around $80 for the unpainted grille, seems like a good deal to me, and are interested in group buys. I have also seen Nismo copies at Monkey Warehouse, but no grilles are made. Cost of kit aint bad but painting and fitting adds to the cost.

Don't get me wrong I'd go straight out and buy a JDM kit but postage and waiting etc seems like a hassle, but I have a mortgage and a second mortgage called a wife, luv em both to death, so freed up cash is at a minimum when the price of housing here skyrocketted to be more than Sydney! I was lucky to have a stag in the driveway after trading my GTiR!

Just a few words about the S1 vs S2 debate. I think there is not really an advantage to buying a S2 tip-tronic vs a S1 auto. The luxary pack woodgrain looks nasty on any model and heated electric leather seats were an option on a S1. I know of slight improvements with the NEO motor come into play but nothing that makes the price rise to $18-20 000 at least! I got mine for 14k stock, low ks with nice wheels and I know where I'm gonna invest my next $5000, everyone knows it takes a fair effort with mods to get a stagea to get up and boogie, around 250kw is reasonably achieveable and can scare some of these HSV clubbies and senators. Although I gotta admit S1 standard seats are ugly, but who cares about the seats when you invest in a second hand Bride for the driver. Also there is obviously the second hand factory items to consider.

In WA Perth, the cheapest option for a manual S2 starts at $22 000 with high kms around 122 000, and I can jump on the net and see manuals with low kms for around $16 000 upwards and we haven't even looked at importers yet that are even cheaper! And I think $1000 for train freight from VIC, NSW or QLD is a better option. Gotta luv ripp off caryards in Perth.

Anyone with half a brain would buy a S2 manual turbo S, so when the NEO RB25DET goes then it is the cheapest way to get your "S" to Autech 260RS standard with much less cost than a full manual conversion and yes the extra grand price of a nice prepped RB26DETT also. Autechs are just too expensive, although Lil Bobby's and a few more modded one's are the dopest rides but Im not a huge fan of the 260s front bar, looks like the stags yawning hehe!

I also fully dig the R34 front end conversion, more sided to the GTR than GTT. There is a great example in QLD selling for $17 000 and I don't know why someone has not snapped it up, probably because it is not manual but cosmetics are done just needs a 26.

Anyhows I'm getting side tracked. These are my main points..

1.) S2 manuals are a rip off in WA!!!

2.) People that buy a S2 tip-tronic are pathetic!

3.) Who wants a S1 aero grille for there stag?

4.) Better option than buying one from dolphin in japan for $450-500.

And just to add M35s are nice in 6 speed manual..with $$$ the possibilites are endless

Can't wait for me tax return hehe..any one interested?

Enuff said...

Edited by nismokid

Do blits have a shop in melbourne do you know? Because im pathetic i bought a series 2 :bunny: Why cos i love the grille over the s1 and for the better fuel economy and torque of the NEO. Im looking to kit my 260rs kit repaired in melbourne and currently in negotiations with sinex to repair it i was thinking if there would be enough interest in purchasing these i would let them take a mould of it and let them sell them would there be any interest from any members here for this? The kit would be off the car anyway as long as it didnt cost me any s to have them made im happy to let them do it if someone could point me in the right direction of a shop that would be interested that may be of help.

post-50446-1215836081_thumb.jpg

post-50446-1215836102_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndyD

s1 grille and lights > s2 grille and lights :bunny:

i might be keen aswell depending on costs

Good to see a number of replies.

Grille smille, Series one or two they both look average Im really trying to get away from that Volvo look-I knew Id get some reaction from S2 drivers hehe..no direct offense of course. I am probably jealous in my heart, but not in my head!

Yeah grille and lights on S2 are good but not much better for the total cost.

If anything twin sunnies are a must but of course I don't have them.

This is my second stagea and I have thorughly done my homework and until somebody proves me wrong I will shutup.

And by the way AndyD are we talking about the same Australia with high fuel prices? Tip-tronic or auto in 4WD is never gonna be fuel efficient unless you drive like a nana and don't bring it to a standstill, if openroad well yeah maybe. Obviously manuals will be slightly better.

The M35 has nice stock torque figures and stands out from the WGNC34 series with fuel economy to boot.

With Aussie deilvered cars becoming much more powerful, why would you keep your import stock and fuel efficient?

A stock S1 or S2 will have problems keeping up with 200kw aurions and rav 4's, (200 killer wasps hehe..) let alone XR6 turbos, HSV etc how embarrissing!

Anyhowsen, genuine help and takers on the S1 or S2 grille will be noted.

Edited by nismokid

N-Kid, When Perth traffic gets as stationary as the eastern capitals, you may wish you have an Auto, in the mean time, no need to call me pathetic and half-brained just because TT autos dont suit your personal preference. Some of us, me included, prefer the more relaxed, smooth drivin' qualities of our autos, especially in a 1700kg wagon.

Enuff said...

Series 1 or 2 each to thier own i say some people love r33's some despise them thats what make the import scene so great is diversity i chose my car for the color and the parts it had on if it were a s1 would i have bought it most likely yes and yes i have 2 sunroofs :bunny:

Oh and i live in small central victorian town with one set of traffic lights so stand stills aren't really a problem up here but shit loads of long boring str8's to drive along.

Edited by AndyD

Hey hey slow down, Im not having a go we are all happy stagea drivers but someone must get my point.

Chook you must have a brain the size of a chicken if you don't get me and I didn't call anyone half-brained you did.

Let's maybe stick to the grille before we have our nasty pills..hehe

As stated in last post, genuine takers on the grille please

Enuff said..

Edited by nismokid

All cool, all happy, just tongue in cheek, had to stick up for us Auto boys, good luck with your kits, ohh, and if you deal with Blits, mention there are a few people looking for S2 DAYZ kits

Hey AndyD,

If you are planning on making a copy of your kit I would definitely be interested. I am currently looking to source one from Yahoo Japan and to get what I want I am looking at close to $2000 by the time I get it landed in Melbourne. I imagine a locally produced kit would be alot cheaper as there is no freightage added to the price. Let me know if you are going to get some copies made and how much you think they will cost.

Cheers

Justin

All cool, all happy, just tongue in cheek, had to stick up for us Auto boys, good luck with your kits, ohh, and if you deal with Blits, mention there are a few people looking for S2 DAYZ kits

Yeah of course they do for a S2 and the grille just go to there website and order, and sorry buddy but I did not mean to offend, probably lack of straight line power on the brain (miss the GTiR)

Yeah WA is shite for buying Stageas.

I renig on the loose use of patheic.

Gotta love the tank.

Where are the WA buyers?

Edited by nismokid

X2!

Have a look for Dayz kits in the for sale section periodically written off usually, sometimes yer lucky.

But I suppose you could make a mold for it aswell, nice idea.

Like the rear bar.

Lots of kits around AUS and japan no flippn grilles.

I have a problem with some aftermarket kits, especially clearance issues eg:high kerbage etc

Dayz seems to be the way to go..neat and understated with any half decent wheels and lowering.

Also I just realised how to spell mold..women have to be good for sumfin other than..or we would throw rocks at em..

Cmon peoples grilles, grilles, grilles roll up roll up...

Edited by nismokid

Do blits have a shop in melbourne do you know? Because im pathetic i bought a series 2 :) Why cos i love the grille over the s1 and for the better fuel economy and torque of the NEO....

Same here. Better torque, better fuel economy... obviously only before mod's. But since I have to live with an auto, the MV Autos shift kit and tiptronic sure makes it a lot more fun :D

Have a look for Dayz kits in the for sale section periodically written off usually, sometimes yer lucky.

But I suppose you could make a mold for it aswell, nice idea.

Like the rear bar.

Lots of kits around AUS and japan no flippn grilles.

I have a problem with some aftermarket kits, especially clearance issues eg:high kerbage etc

Dayz seems to be the way to go..neat and understated with any half decent wheels and lowering.

Also I just realised how to spell mold..women have to be good for sumfin other than..or we would throw rocks at em..

Cmon peoples grilles, grilles, grilles roll up roll up...

Yeah but a Dayz rear lower-lip spoiler for series *2* has to be about one of the rarest most sough-after bloody parts known to stagea...

Edited by DaveB

Ahh, the ever elusive S2 rear lip.

Use slidewize or even japan yahoo auctions and you'll find heaps.

There were recent for sale posts with the side skirts and lip and rear bar, but the toned down S2 front bar, more rounded than dayz.

Many owners have these, just need to get one that is off a S2 at the time for the mold to be done.

I would be willing to do my S1 if need be.

Every stagea deserves a Dayz S1 or S2 kit standard or better Masa, Dolphin, Nismo, Takelow or East Bear etc.

Also Im sure S1 lip is interchangeable with S2 lip and rear bar, would smarten it up though the S1 is more toned down.

And back to the grilles..

post-43041-1215863872_thumb.jpg post-43041-1215863892_thumb.jpg

Edited by nismokid

N-Kid, When Perth traffic gets as stationary as the eastern capitals, you may wish you have an Auto, in the mean time, no need to call me pathetic and half-brained just because TT autos dont suit your personal preference. Some of us, me included, prefer the more relaxed, smooth drivin' qualities of our autos, especially in a 1700kg wagon.

Enuff said...

well agreed.. its a wagon... the skyline was invented for those who love boost, attention and being pulled over :bunny:... love the slyness of the wags, no1 knows what they are yet really. fuel economy is just barable... mods are being done to help it tho. and u dont get fuel economy and winning drags in the same car lol.. ps im an s2 driver :@ could ya guess?

Yeah, I could guess!

I have noted just about all are S2 drivers from the "CHEAPER" east coast.

Another gloating happy S2 owner..bet he's got the "prime edition" with heated leather to warm his crack..good for you!

We should really throw M35's into the S1 vs S2 vs S3 mix because Im seeing some damn cheap prices! (eastern states though.)

I reckon you are right stageas aren't really built to be fuel efficient, nissan micras are. Enuff said.

Im glad you are loving ya wagon but do you want a grille or bodykit?

Molds will be done for S1 and S2, I have found out that this can be done locally in WA.

Next step is to get hold of a S2 full Dayz kit so that a mold can be done along side my S1.

Then anyone can have a full dayz kit S1 or S2 and grilles easily available at a competitive price for the public.

Sorry for being blunt, but i need genuine interest probably close thread soonish and get this done ASAP.

For body kits I know Raj at Jap Parts in Maddington will do up the bits you are looking for as he was prepared to do R32 4 Door side skirts which their is less call for compared to S1 and S2 Stagea, he just needs a sample to make a mold.

As people know a few M35's will be hitting the shores very soon which will more then likely stabilise the prices of the C34 here in Perth which are also now available at Distinctive Imports in Wangara.