SAU Community

Your Favourite Car Film?

i like the great race!

the part where professor fete crashes into the barn, he gets up and says, "i'd like to see the great leslie try that one!!!"

it gets me every time! haha!

also the massive pie fight towards the end of the movie. "throw more brandy!!!" lol

bathurst 1991 haha ;p

mad max for sure, the fact that all the stunts are real and not computer generated is awesome, not to mention the cars themselves! I always thought the fast and the furious movies are brilliant comedies, but thats about it!

Probably one that a lot of people havn't seen because i dont think it got released in Aus or atleast ive never seen it in a shop (my old man brought a burnt copy back from afghanistan). Its called Redline and pretty much has a shit load of exotic cars racing. Movie is pretty crap but how many movies contain a Ferrari Enzo, Porsche Careera GT, Ford GT40, Lambo Diablo etc etc. Pretty sure i read somewhere that the director of the movie owned all the cars, lucky c**t.

For an actual good movie to watch then yeah Tokyo Drift, Gone in 60 Seconds etc.

Running on Empty.... so many good parts and great lines " If you want to fight a war u got to have technology !!! Technology costs money and money we dont got !!! LMAO ... but fav is when the old guys showing him how to drive the blown 57 chev.

If i was a million aire i would deffinatly have a Blown 57 chev 2 door in the garage. Next to a nice R35 GTR :)

tokyo drift is such a love hate thing. i LOVE the drifting/action/cars but i HATE the wankiness. like c'mon as if some can beat "the dk" in what 2 WEEKS OF PRACTICE!???!?!. And also i was so angry when i saw everyone in the cinema carpark tryin 2 drift in their excels and lancers. I HATE OVERNIGHT FANS!!!

Death proof is pretty awesome, but my favourite would have to be the original Italian Job, and C'etait un Rendezvous - Only 9 minutes, but definatly worth tracking down a propper copy and watching on a good AV setup (plus some mind altering susbstances if you are so inclined :D ) - not on youtube!

vanishing point ...... just the whole film with the 1970 dodge challenger car chase across the desert.

metal skin..... with the aussie steel body charger.

steve mcqueens Bullet.. love the car chase seen and then the roll over in the 1970s charger .

and many other

Edited by frogstomp_R31

• 2 weeks later...

after seeing last week bullitt for the first time im gonna have to go with it! hearing those v8s is just FANTASTIC! after watching it i realised how seemingly fickle fast and furious movies are (the fact that theres no music/dialog and no rice..)

2416491_175_full.jpg

blues brothers is straight after though, and being a james bond fan goldfinger is great, the spy who loved me and the living daylights better (through those tight hills in the lotus and blasting through the semi trailer respectively)

The Legend of Speed. old japanese flick about an Evo 5 (I think) and WRX. really good movie, initial d style, but I'm pretty sure the original was made before initial d. Last time I saw it was in primary school. there are some good youtube vids around of it.