SAU Community

Creek Rd Mtgravatt East Street Race Acco

turbs33

Sorry I dont have a pic, but did anyone happen to drive along creek rd mt gravatt east last night heading toward carindale?

From the chat I had with the cops there was a fatality and the unlucky driver of a suzuki swift (late model) lost control and absolutely totalled the car.. the other car involved left the scene.!!! But they know who it is.

I stood there looking at the wreck on the back of a flat bed in disbeleif trying to understand what model of car it was.... I had to ask the cops and tow truck driver to be told it was the suzuki.. all glass, every panel totally disformed.. Doors missing.. it was f**ked up...

Nothing on news.com.au... anyone got any further info?

angry ant races we used to call these....

back when i used to "hoon" around in my 1.5, carby ford laser station wagon.

as you can imagine, i was very popular with the ladies

mate of mine was driving past when it happened apprently flipped 7 times

oh snap!

Yeah saw the wreckage on the news...unreal. Can't believe the cops discussed what happend with you, they ususally say they're not allowed to discuss anything...especially a fatal acco.

its a sad thing, both for everyone involved and because it creates a mentality that people with fast cars are intrinsically unsafe and a menace to other drivers. is sucks that a single bad decision causes such big ripples.

Yep, after seeing the news regarding the fone call about being chased and checking out the scene myself, there was more to this then racing thats for sure..

On site forensics extimated the speed at 150.. debris spread further then they could care to find too.. lol :thumbsup:

Lol i was supprised the cop did not tell me to bugger off too.. He was cool with the chat! mind u it was all said and done by then, car was on the flat bed and forensics had finished..

It still surprises me cops confuse these 'angry ant' racers on their 'p's who drive mums lancer or dads falcodore with people like myself, who have been driving their modified cars for years without incident. I would be very interested to know if any statistics have been gathered regarding imported versus domestic cars involved in highspeed/streetrace crashes. I suspect import cars have been getting unfarely targeted.

See how there is no mention of hooning in the media..

Now just imagine if a Skyline was involved.! Instant hoon status regardless of the scenario.. Even the coppa's were pretty quick to say it was street racing until they found out more facts after the incident!

Pretty reasonable assumption when they estimate speeds at 150km/h, regardless of the type of vehicle... that'd probably be my first thought too

If they were indeed being 'chased', a huge thumbs up to the gutless wonders in the other car for leaving two people seriously injured/dead trapped in a demolished car :D

Pretty reasonable assumption when they estimate speeds at 150km/h, regardless of the type of vehicle... that'd probably be my first thought too

If they were indeed being 'chased', a huge thumbs up to the gutless wonders in the other car for leaving two people seriously injured/dead trapped in a demolished car :thumbsup:

its indefensible to say you "had to" exceed the speed limit by 80km because you were being chased. chased by who? kung fu panda? the mafia? anyone sensible just pulls into a servo, or in front of a police station.

i agree about the imported vs domestic car angle, would be interesting to see the stats on it. people who put time and effort into their car are less likely to put themselves in a position where they will prang it, i reckon.

Well the full story is out now. Turns out the driver was stalking/harassing some chick who rejected him. Long build up over time of him driving past throwing shit at their house etc and previous police involvment. Guy drove past and B/F of the chick who lived there went and followed him. Now him and his g/f are dead and the other guy is under arrest and in the shit.

His own fault, pitty his g/f was in the car as well.

yet on friday ngiht jsut gone, at the intersection of smith street and kumbarri ave in southport, right opposite the caltex servo on smith street, i think 3 were killed there after a street race between a white volvo, old model, and a xf ford falcon, but 3 would have servived when the swift that got cleaned up, actually ran a red light and collided with the speeding volvo. it may have indeed been the volvo and the fords fault for racing/speeding excessivly at speeds estimated at around 160km/h, but it was the swifts fault for running the red light in the first place. it is open to argument but in my opinion it is intirely the swifts fault that cause this accident and the deaths that follows.

sorry for high jacking,

OT,

yes why bother between a swift/colt and a lancer.

but there is one rather NICEISH ralleyart colt with LIL EVO plates that i see driving to brisbane all the time, the girl that drives that is quite fine, hope it wasnt her.

feelings go out to the 2 victoms in this crash and every other crash on queensland roads this week