SAU Community

Bicycle Thread

Mr Eps

i never said purple tyres don't exists for road bikes. road bike tyres come in all sorts of colours. MTB tyres on the other hand aren't that varied in colour, especially in road tread. michelin used to do a few cross country tyres in various colours,

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rowan, how tall are you?

and how high do you run the seat out of the frame? you would have a fair bit of adjustment left to go before the seat was at it's highest point, yeah?

by going to the 24" frame you are moving the handlebars 27mm away from you.

to find your ideal frame size, stand against a wall with your feet about 6" apart. hold a book or ruler up between your legs and measure the distance from the top of the book/ruler to the floor. this is your inside leg measurement. times this number by 0.66 to give you what frame size you should be on. the only exception to this rule is if you have a long torso and short arms

i would say that the XL would be fine too. that extra inch longer will be putting extra stress on your lower back and wrists and possibly give you neck pain.

and i just looked at the specs and the XL alias has a 5mm shorter top tube than your rincon, so the XXL is going to 22mm longer than your 25" rincon. although the stem is a bit shorter on the alias.

as for the forks, there are ways to get around the length of the steerer tube issue, but since you are getting a better bike i won't bother going into it.

but i would be sticking to the XL frame, not the XXL. it's just too long.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a bike that I can ride both on and off road.

Haven't really worked out a budget yet but its probably $800ish max.

I'm thinking of buying a newish secondhand?

How does this look?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=230325723013

If its a good bike, what is the max price I should pay?

Marc, have you got any good 2nd hand bikes at the moment?

having now owned an alias, i suggest you stretch your budget another 300 bucks n get your hands on an alias

i have the skinnies on mine already and the bike is just amazing

im the biggest fan of my handlegrip ounted shock on / lock switch

and everything just runs so smooth

=D

the bike is so amazing, i'm so glad i got it

i'm even a fan of the footstraps!!!

footstraps are homo!

or so i thought

haha

but yes

for an all round bike

i'd diefinately recommend the giant alias

HAHAHHAA@ ghey size

nah i got XXL

beleive it or not it does fit, it gives a more "commuting" feel as far as ride position goes, dunno how it'd go on tracks, but gotta wait for the hutchison tyres to experience that

Getting a tummy...

Just bought a reconditioned Mongoose road bike for $80 (18 gears) to cruise from Botany Bay to Homebush Bay (or anywhere in between) when I have a decent break.

Think its a bargain! I can't get away from buying 2nd hand ie. like a grey import LOL