SAU Community

Buying Rims For My Stag

Mickya

I am just wandering whether 18's are going to look to small on my car. It has not been lowered yet but in future it will be, so are 18's going to look small on the car or would 19's be the best option.

It's currently got 17's which i think look way to small for it. this is a pic of my car

P5110053-1.jpg

Also abit of topic but i'm thinking on shading the back lights black, would this be wise/look good? or would it just be more of a reason for the cops to nail me?

These are some of the rims i'm thinking of getting.

FUSIONSSD.jpg

bg_GF7_BLACK.jpg

bg_type-m.jpg

bg_zenettikaotik.jpg

premium-fin.jpg

Any input appreciated.

Thanks Mick

I think it really depends on the style of rim you choose - someimes an 18" wheel can look smaller than a 16" wheels, simply because of the design of the wheel. Those last wheels, for instance, look smaller than the rest (and I'm not personally a fan of that design either).

Personally, when I get my wheels I won't be going bigger than 18's - beyond that the tyres jump up in price and the ride quality goes down due to the sidewall needing to be stiffer to account for a lower profile.

my opinion...... steer clear of 19's 1. they cost to much.

2. unless you drive on the smoothest hotmix all the time 18's are about the max otherwise you will develop rattles and squeaks that shite you off no end, and on the nightshade my car is same silver with black rims so i went n/shade front and side indicators full window tint (the socalled stealth look :( ) but wasn't real keen on doing the t/lights incase i got busted and had to replace them(if i can pick up a spare set at the right price i would like to give them the dark treatment)

have you thought of a set of r34 gtr rims? i have a set on my s2 and reckon they look the goods

Hey buddy do you have any pics.. I am super keen on a set for my Stagea.

Also is your car lowered and if so by how much? I was thinking about getting R34 GTR wheels and lowering it 30 - 40 mm but am not sure if it will be enough.

Thanks

Dave

My brother is running 20's on his S2 and it has better ride than my 33 with 18's.

is that the black one on 20's ? thats look damn nice sitting low also.. i didnt know they were 20's till i read the tyre when i saw it sitting at re customs.

Hey buddy do you have any pics.. I am super keen on a set for my Stagea.

Also is your car lowered and if so by how much? I was thinking about getting R34 GTR wheels and lowering it 30 - 40 mm but am not sure if it will be enough.

Thanks

Dave

it came lowered from jp and my ground clearance is aound 95 mm..... 5 mm of being legal

post-32337-1219615065_thumb.jpg

Edited by jippa

is that the black one on 20's ? thats look damn nice sitting low also.. i didnt know they were 20's till i read the tyre when i saw it sitting at re customs.

Yup sure is. FYI it it is sitting at 310mm from the centre of the rim to the guard. :sleep: Pretty damn low

the other size issue u will have look wise is affected by dish. generally, wheels with any decent kinda dish, or even a lip around the rim, make the rim look smaller than what they are. my last car i had 18's, and then my mate got a set of 18's but they were dished, and the cars side to side, he looked like he had16's or something. certainly didnt look like 18's at all. i also was looking at getting some wheels the other weekend, the ones i wanted had a chrome lip around the rim, as well as a slight dish. changed my mind though when i saw another stagea with the same wheels, only 18's, they looked sooo tiny.

at this point in time i'm leaning towards 19's, but i will be lowering it first and then i'll decide fully whether or not to get 19's.

has anyone got pics of there car side on they could post? and then write what rim size etc below it.. cheers.

at this point in time i'm leaning towards 19's, but i will be lowering it first and then i'll decide fully whether or not to get 19's.

has anyone got pics of there car side on they could post? and then write what rim size etc below it.. cheers.

235/40x18post-20831-1220215790.jpg

post-20831-1220215896.jpg

Edited by leetom