SAU Community

Please help!!! R33 airbag light stays on after car repair

I had this prob after my battery died and I had a jumpstart.

If it's same as my prob, the most likely, you will need to take it to Nissan as they are the only guys with the computer to hook up to ecu & reset it. will cost you around $80, and takes them all of 5min to do.

Originally posted by Strich9ine

dude, disconnecting the light has nothing to do with disabling the air bag :)

duuuuuude, if the light is on then the airbag isn't working - disconnect the globe and you'll never bother fixing the problem and the airbag won't be working!

Originally posted by Adzmax

Hi, My old R33 is all fixed and running now but the airbag light stays on even though they have been replaced? Anyone know why?

IF you're in melbourne you can come past my workshop 62 bridge road keysborough and i can try and fix it for you. or else the unit under the console is stuffed and you need to replace that, I have a good unit so if you want me to fix it for you pm me or drop me a line on 0401677698

• 1 year later...

you guys are unbeleivable.......all this talk about pulling the globe out...First to ridicule dodgy repairs then suggest this....Heres what you do... to clear the code switch the ignition on....and withing a second push the door pin switch at least 5 times.....this will reset it.....if it doesnt work...you need a new module unit under the console.Do you know if it was replaced after the airbag went off?Once the airbag goes off this unit MUST be replaced.....other componants in the airbag system are the clockspring under the steering wheel and the seat belts

Apparently my car was fitted with a non air bag wheel before i purcahsed it, hence why the light on.. under the console does that mean under the dash? could it be a loose connection. Has anyone got pics of what the console looks like, where it is exactly located.

how much for a new one?