SAU Community

GTR pads, any advice?

Simmo

Now with a few more ponies mr brakes are really letting me down, firstly because my rotors are shagged, they're being replaced with the dba 2 piece rotors. I'll be doing a bit of track work and was wondering what peoples thoughts are on brake pads? I'm using brembo calipers.

ultimates? are they up to a day at the track withstanding high temps?

green stuff? I have been told don't bother!

race brakes? have heard good things but no first hand experience.

pagids? hear nothing but good things, besided the price!

Cheers

Simmo

What I do is buy pagids for track and ultimates for road. Pagids do not work well cold and its only a half hour job to change front pads. Im currently using Galfer which are a good cross.

For rotors I use Bradi (about half the price of DBA and half never had one crack)

It depend on the level of track work, heavy with decent speeds you will need a dedicated set for the track, light occasional you could get away with one set. Race brakes sell good stuff and is well priced and they could recomend you one of their many compounds.

Race brakes are good - I have them on my car, but with more ponies, I think BDA will recommend galfa or Frodos (however you spell them). Not sure where they are in ACT, am QLD here. They are s'pose to be high end with V8 supercars, like Endless, but cost up to $100 less

It also depends on what circuit you are on. I find at a small and tight circuit (like wakefield) it's not so hard on brakes where a higher speed circuit (eastern creek) it's very demanding on brakes.

I had a set of Green stuff and lasted one session at EC. Racebrakes RB74 are a good pad as it's not as noisy as the comp 9's and last a few days at EC with driving in between. Comp 9's have very good bite but are very harsh on rotors.

Ultimate = ~ 80-380c

RB74 = ~ 0-500c

I've used 2 sets of Ultimates just for street driving and now using RB74's on the front and Comp 2's on the rear and even with a busted master cylinder I think they are still better than the Bendix Ultimates.

Speak to RaceBrakes would be my suggestion. You may even get a discount for mentioning SAU (as I did, around ~10%)

Endless NA-R / CC-R

by the time u drive ~ 30 secs, the brakes are warm enuff for road use, but are terrific @ track. But these are race pads anyway, so keep 'em for track. Use Endless NA-S for street. Ultimates = crap.