SAU Community

R33 Owners

MODS - please move this if in wrong section of forum

Hey everyone

I'm a Series 2 R33 Owner and when first on the market for a skyline I was drawn to a R32 GTS-T

I decided in the end that going from a Honda Accord 1993 to a car of same year with no extra features apart

from performance, wouldn't be much of a "upgrade" if you understand what i mean.

Anyway my budget at the time didn't allow for a R34 GTT :cool:

but an R33 GTS-T was.

So seeing as the nice features it came with were appealing

ABS

Dual Airbags

Newer interior

All the Electrics

etc etc..

I ended up purchasing a privately owned R33 with the basic mods.

Very big upgrade from a N/a FWD 93 Auto accord

to a Turbo RWD 96' Manual Skyline.

Now for the point of this thread

For all you R33 owners - Have you copped a lot of sh*t from other people about you car?

I have friends who joke around about my car being called or said:

- looks like a Whale

- its to big

- to heavy

- too common

- no good for drifting

Now personally it didn't bother me as I was surprised at first they said this

Also I do understand not everyone is going to like your car whichever one you choose.

but now from hanging in the car scene i find a lot of people bag on 33's more then any other car.

I for one do not dislike any other Japanese made car in general unless they have riced things done to them.

I understand my car has gross chromie rims as you can see in my signature picture

but I bought it like that and I was planning to change them etc etc

I have my tax return back and am looking to get a PFC for it but at this point im thinking whether or not to go ahead with spending more money on my car

Now im deciding if I should sell up or swap with cash for a R34 GTT

Any other R33 owners in same boat?

PS here is my current car

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....=295074&hl=

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have the same sort of crap from alot of my friends. "Oh that's Jap-Crap, why not get a V8 Commo." My girlfriends sister said this until I let her drive my 33 GTS-T, now she hasn't said it since. Havent really had anyone complain about it being a 33 though. Sure there is about 20 in my town (which is alot for Kalgoorlie :cool:) but no one seems to notice.

Who cares anyway. **** them, drive what you want to drive, not what they want you to.

Personally, I'll stick my neck out and say that the R33 shape is the best one of all!

I know that it's all subjective.

I know that people will statistically rate the R32 > R34 > R33, but there's something supporting my opinion in the system and...

it all depends on whether or not you like the shape of the R35 !!!

If you like the R35, have a look at the photoshoot pics from...

NSW Subforums > Events > Official SAU Envy Dyno Day of Aug 16th '08

Look at the 4 R32 + R33 + R34 + R35 GTRs together and you'll notice something uncanny!

Can you see that the front contours of the R35 are so so similar to the R33???

Your R33 GTS-T is still a high performance car that'll take care of you if you take care of it!

If you notice that there's a few R33 (&R32) cars in decay around you, never mind! Yours will shine through in the end!

BTW a performance car like yours will look better with LMGts and then you can sell that bling!

Cheers,

Tez :cool:

In that photoshoot - you might also comment that my R34 shape was the one that looked 'odd-one-out'!

Thanks for your reassuring comments guys

Im not trying to sound like a whinger just thought I'd post on how i felt about the matter and see what other R33 owners thoughts were.

LMGts in black would be nice but I was looking to get jdm + dish which in that case Volk GTC's in silver would be ideal.

Though they do have a big price tag on them I could easily afford them once in Air force :cool:

My girlfriends sister said this until I let her drive my 33 GTS-T, now she hasn't said it since.

your brave for letting her drive it.

I wouldn't risk it in case they crashed it or something

Edited by Greddy Skyline

All the best in the Air Force.

Remember, I want a pic of your car in front of another 'oldie-but-goodie' the F111

And remember the words between Maverick and Goose? "The Need For Speed"!

Cheers,

Tez :cool:

Did you buy the car for yourself or for some kind of special status among your friends?

Some consider the R33 the worst of the skylines, because its the largest, if you watch the track times, the R33's are often faster than R32's and R34's, its all dependent on what you've done to the car and driving ability.

It's not that R33's were not as good out of the factory than the other skylines.

If your really worried about your friends opinions, you should consider an SS (most people like Holden's) or a BMW/Mercedes, but I'd worry more about what you want than other people ;)

Yeah well she kept going on about my being a "Jap-fag", getting one, and it being slow, so I thought "**** you, I'm gonna prove it to you.". I left her take it onto the freeway and it blew her mind, she actually enjoyed driving it. She said "I wish I could put a turbo in my Hyundai." Lawl.

All the best in the Air Force.

Remember, I want a pic of your car in front of another 'oldie-but-goodie' the F111

And remember the words between Maverick and Goose? "The Need For Speed"!

Cheers,

Tez :P

Thanks Tez ;)

Lol i cop shit my r33 is too slow cos its non-turbo and that the interior is shit..

Is that your first car?

Did you buy the car for yourself or for some kind of special status among your friends?

Some consider the R33 the worst of the skylines, because its the largest, if you watch the track times, the R33's are often faster than R32's and R34's, its all dependent on what you've done to the car and driving ability.

It's not that R33's were not as good out of the factory than the other skylines.

If your really worried about your friends opinions, you should consider an SS (most people like Holden's) or a BMW/Mercedes, but I'd worry more about what you want than other people ;)

Thanks for the input Gareth and thats a good way of looking at it.

But like I said its only very few who actually admire the 33's (unless a GTR)

Like I was on Bermuda St last night and this passenger in this lancer leans over and says that my car is a riced up piece of shit 33.....

its funny how the passengers are the first to speak in most cases.

when obviously they either don't have a car or their car isn't anything compared to their mates which they are "cruisin" in...

it also happened when i was in my accord. basically this bogan fella in a 31 says if that was my mums car....

Yeah well she kept going on about my being a "Jap-fag", getting one, and it being slow, so I thought "**** you, I'm gonna prove it to you.". I left her take it onto the freeway and it blew her mind, she actually enjoyed driving it. She said "I wish I could put a turbo in my Hyundai." Lawl.

lol she giving you grief when her own car isnt all that anyway :)

Just look in their driveways dude, nine times out of ten you'll see exactly why you seem to be copping it - they drive a VN commo or their girlfriends Barina.

I'm not going to rag on others cars for not being as good as mine, as that's no different to what's being said already. But most of the time it stems from that, i know all my mates that give it to me for driving a wog car go home in their magnas!

In the end, you bought the car you wanted, and as long as you enjoy what you chose, who cares what some prats think.

Just look in their driveways dude, nine times out of ten you'll see exactly why you seem to be copping it - they drive a VN commo or their girlfriends Barina.

I'm not going to rag on others cars for not being as good as mine, as that's no different to what's being said already. But most of the time it stems from that, i know all my mates that give it to me for driving a wog car go home in their magnas!

In the end, you bought the car you wanted, and as long as you enjoy what you chose, who cares what some prats think.

thanks nick for the kind info.

maybe i should organise a R33 only cruise to boost the spirit lol

Edited by Greddy Skyline

thanks nick for the kind info.

maybe i should organise a R33 only cruise to boost the spirit lol

Why not Sloane? You've got some great hinterland roads haven't you?

I seem to remember a reasonable sealed road going north from Murwillumbah past a Nat Pk that went to a great waterfall that pissed through a big hole and there's a cave there and all...

I organised a Skyline Drive day up to Mac Pass and the guys from the Blue Mtns had a great time. Even the NSX driver & his wife lol

Cheers,

Tez :)

i dont know about me organising a cruise lol

I was only joking that I made one but serious if someone else could host it haha

NSX they are nice you don't often see to many of them on the road.

they make GTR's look common

OK

And how r the roads up there?

Any twisties sweepers undulations etc in a 30Km stretch of tarmac?

Ever tried roads down here?

Heard of Macquarie Pass, Old Pacific Hwy, Bells Line Of Road, Lawrence Hargreave Dr, Jamberoo Pass, Cambewarra Mtn?

Tez :)

I don't know a whole bunch.

for mountain runs Springbrook and tallai is the spot

I used to live in Murwillumbah

and Tweed Valley Way was horrible to drive on. Maybe due to being a well known flooding area. :)

but there was a turn off that went to cudgen also another one that leads into crystal creek.

all good roads to go through

As for the roads you mentioned I've never been down your area before so I cant say i know them roads.

i love the r33 shape, kinda over my car tho, brought what turned out to be a lemon, so not happy on that accord but they are verynice, i love the r33 and r35 shape soo wish the 35 was a possibility but unfortunatly not.

taliking about coppign shit i had an interesting chat with the 2nd in charge of my uni this morning along the lines of how can you think its smart to own a car that you pay one tenth its value in insurence, mmmmm how, because i love my line.

looking as selling in a few years before i move to under go training in perth for 12 months invest and save then get 34 gtr vspec hopefully a nur, (bu yeah, or sallery sacrifice for a 35gtr hahah)

i love the r33 shape, kinda over my car tho, brought what turned out to be a lemon, so not happy on that accord but they are verynice, i love the r33 and r35 shape soo wish the 35 was a possibility but unfortunatly not.

taliking about coppign shit i had an interesting chat with the 2nd in charge of my uni this morning along the lines of how can you think its smart to own a car that you pay one tenth its value in insurence, mmmmm how, because i love my line.

looking as selling in a few years before i move to under go training in perth for 12 months invest and save then get 34 gtr vspec hopefully a nur, (bu yeah, or sallery sacrifice for a 35gtr hahah)

You noticed too eh that the front end profile shape of the R33 & R35 are similar? Gorgeous! Wish they'd kept the vertical light cluster like on the proto R35. Oh well - V-Spec?

Prices in real estate in Perth have gone thru the roof. Some expert economists though think that if a bubble bursts, it can hurt worst in Perth due to the ups and downs of commodities.

Personally after buying and selling gold shares I don't think that'll happen unless China & India go into recession.

A similar thing has happened in Canada (knowing this being 50% Canuk). All the provinces there became more or less dependent on Alberta for minerals & oil.

If or should I say, when that happens, I'd be buying something in Perth then if U R going to live there for years.

Hope your education/training in Perth goes well...

Tez

i too bought a white s2 r33 gtst a few months back, and sure there a a few around my area. but the reason there are so many around is that they're so good!! i only know a couple of other skyline owners and they all have/had 33s... so no i don't cop much shit about them being whales etc.

some people do have a go at me, but yeah it's always from the front seat of their falcons/commodores.. most people are like skyline? sweet!

enjoy your car :banana:

Ric