SAU Community

R33 compliance - dimmer switch

I got one, but the knobs who installed the knob put it on the underside of the dash, just where it will remove your kneecap if you have a smash.

They obviously either don't care about safety or just don't think.

PS: That's why SAABs have the ignition switch on the console between the front seats, so it won't remove your other kneecap!

only personal imports dont have to have it . all low volume imports have to have one as well as new belts , tyres , oil . oil filter and brake fluid . u have to have child restrains ( some of them just hook them on the rear speaker grills , great huh ) and high mount rear brake light if not fitted .

Originally posted by wrxhoon

only personal imports dont have to have it . all low volume imports have to have one as well as new belts , tyres , oil . oil filter and brake fluid . u have to have child restrains ( some of them just hook them on the rear speaker grills , great huh ) and high mount rear brake light if not fitted .

I just did the belts on my r33, they have been rooted since i got the car 10 months ago. I needed new tyres within a few weeks as they were already worn. I think import places find a loop hole with the fitting tyres and just fit any used australian tyre. and i dont have any child restraints. Used car dealers are so dodgy.

i have one that fits in that little slot next to the steering colum.....looks standard issue to me as it even has the little light that lights up at nite. might have been a standard feature for the later models??

yeah ive seen lines with the wacky knob underneith the steering columb.....looks very out of place. guess im one of the lucky ones