SAU Community

Sneaky Low Life Scum

JamesK

Last night about (8:40ish) I was taking my gf to Lunar drive in and we were late so I was doing around 66-67 down a 60 (I'm hoping) on some smaller roads going towards the M1 and I saw a mysterious white sedan parked on the side of the road it crossed my mind that it could have been a camera but being from Queensland it's not the type of car that they usually put them in and by law they have to have a sign (even though they always try to hide it, sneaky bstads) I could see that there wasn't a sign on ether side so I didn't slow down but when looking in me rear view as saw a flash and immdeiatly *words cant be shown here* crossed my mind, I had half a mind to go back and egg the car but I didn't really want to be arrested. Later down the road I was thinking about the laws in Queensland and I was wondering if they are the same here? Does a mobile speed trap require a sign saying it's in use? and should I have gone back and taken photos proving there was no sign placed?

Shout out to Rchoo who i saw on the way haha, sorry I missed members go kart night hope it was good fun! BTW...who was announced champion?

UGH speeding ticket here you come...dammit with my international license the fine is going to be huge....at least I don't get points taken off..yea buzz signs are mandatory although they get really sneaky with them like putting them right in front but at an angle where you have parallel to see it or right behind the car so you don't see it until you pass it....but at least they are easy to see cause they are ALWAYS large 4x4 or large white Mercedes vans

in area's were they are constant like 50k zones or roads like that, they will have a sign ' speed camera operates in this area' and if the car is outside of the area on the same road you can fight it, and can win (like my parents did)... but randomly no need

UGH speeding ticket here you come...dammit with my international license the fine is going to be huge....at least I don't get points taken off..yea buzz signs are mandatory although they get really sneaky with them like putting them right in front but at an angle where you have parallel to see it or right behind the car so you don't see it until you pass it....but at least they are easy to see cause they are ALWAYS large 4x4 or large white Mercedes vans

you should loose 1point and expect to pay around $135-165 thats what it was when i got done doing less then 10ks over the limit, over 10ks is 3 points and a bigger fine

you might be ok, as far as i know on speed camera's you have to be detected (the detected speed on the fine not what they book you for) doing 8k's +, have only heard of one person getting done for a detected speed of 6 over.

Also how accurate is your speedo, coupld possibly be reading higher than you were actually going and then you will be safe, also if a camera has not flashed a car in a certain period of time then it will flash a car no matter how fast its going, its like a calibration test.

I'm still at a loss why speed.. oops i mean Safety Cameras aren't painted Safety colors. I mean i work on a lot of construction sites, and everything to do with safety on our sites, is painted either fluro orange or yellow.

Surely if the cameras if were for our safety, then they'd be painted the same.... :)

I'm still at a loss why speed.. oops i mean Safety Cameras aren't painted Safety colors. I mean i work on a lot of construction sites, and everything to do with safety on our sites, is painted either fluro orange or yellow.

Surely if the cameras if were for our safety, then they'd be painted the same.... :)

Age it's to benefit everyone remember the government always say it's not about revenue! It's all about the safety of our motorists....just like that new devices that they are implementing to detect when cars overstay their parking it's not about the revenue.....the fact they doubled the amount that they issue when they implemented the device into their trial areas, which was the result of going state wide.....it's not about the revenue....what society would we be living in if our OWN government wanted to squeeze every extra hard earned penny we have?

Ahhhh, got it. :banana:

i thought it was something complex and stupid, rather than keeping it simple and transparent.... :)

I find it strange that there is more deaths per year from people jumping off the West Gate bridge, than motorists crashing their cars on the same bridge... maybe the camera's should be on the underside of the bridge...:)

you might be ok, as far as i know on speed camera's you have to be detected (the detected speed on the fine not what they book you for) doing 8k's +, have only heard of one person getting done for a detected speed of 6 over.

Also how accurate is your speedo, could possibly be reading higher than you were actually going and then you will be safe, also if a camera has not flashed a car in a certain period of time then it will flash a car no matter how fast its going, its like a calibration test.

Maybe it just changed recently because my dad just got a ticket for 4km/h over (detected speed 87km/h). That's ridiculous, came with a $142 fine and 1point taken off.

As i mentioned i have heard of one person being done for a detected 6 over, i guess it comes down to what the mobile guys want to set it at, after all the more people they get the bigger bonus they get from the government.

Edited by W0rp3D

In England they do paint camera's in fluro colours, because its *not* all about the revenue, if only we could do that :(

Haha yea they do, but you have to remember how many more taxes they pay related to vehicles than us! I rather have hidden camera's then pay as much as they do to keep a car.

it really pee's me off when the qld cops hide the "speed camera in use" sign in front of the cop car where it can only be seen when looking back at it through the mirror

they ask for respect from the community................................not if they act like this

ill give $10.00 via eft to anyone who provides a pic with the sign in the actual place where it is meant to be "FACING ONCOMING TRAFFIC"