SAU Community

Drunk Dicks Damaging My Stagea.

chef_stagea

so driving home from work lastnight with a mate.. and a whole bunch of drunk dicks scream out of the boho bar on unley rd i think it was. so we stoped and then took off again... only for them to turn on us... 1 throwing a bottle and smashing my rear windscreen. another kicking the side of my door in pretty badly ( cracked the paint in 2 spots) and another kicking the bonnet and scraching it,

its pretty bad dent pics as follows.. if any one could refer me onto any1 that would be great. cheers.

post-47249-1222527791_thumb.jpg

post-47249-1222527805_thumb.jpg

post-47249-1222527820_thumb.jpg

post-47249-1222527836_thumb.jpg

What bunch of pricks....what did you do after this happen...if they did they did that to my car....i would be seriously locked up and they would be in hospital...no respect at all.. if they did get away I really hope karma hits them square in the face.

It will get fixed no doubt..I hope you're OK and safe

Sorry I can't help you out on the referral but definitely (being from Melbourne and guessing you're in Adelaide??) the boys and girls here will point you in the right direction and help you out

Sh*t, that sucks Adam... just down in Unley? who the f*ck trashes a car right out in the open? I hope you reported it to the police, tell them the name of the bar you were going past etc. Sorry Ican't help with repairs either, only remember a white series 1 getting major repairs, but nothing in Adelaide... looks like several grand's worth of repairs, that sucks. Good luck, hope someone else here can be more useful...

What bunch of pricks....what did you do after this happen...if they did they did that to my car....i would be seriously locked up and they would be in hospital...

what would be your method of getting them? if it was me, id turn the next corner, wait. Then follow them - till they hit a dark street or alley. Then outcomes the wrench and balaclava. 5 seconds later, 1 or 2 drunks down :closedeyes:

i was dropping my gf at her uncles place last night, and drunks were everywhere - but more so only cos of the grandfinal......i thought drinkin in public was illegal. They were thumbing cars down for a lift....we didnt give them a lift.

Mate I recon you should contact the venue where the people were drinking, they must have a duty of care not only for patrons but also people who pass the venue????? video footage, I would get the footage if they had any and pass it onto your insurance company????

morning all. yeh my excess is like 1500 so im unsure what path im going to take atm. ive cut n polished out the scratch on the bonnet but just to top it off its raining atm :) after a 32 degree day yesterday haha. n there were like 10 probly more drunk dickheads fighing i think they thaught the dude they were afrer jumped in the stag. :devil: might have to get ruby out for a mission! :closedeyes:

go to the for sale sections peopel wrecking there s2's ... pic up a whole tail gate. and door. dunno about the glass if it can be replaced being how dark it is . but buying the tail gate has the glass there

sorry to hear about it .. society these days is just f*cked, alcohol is the big issue and a problem.

as jason said . i would of made a very wrong phone call if that happened and might be a jail sentence infront of me. so hard to keep your cool tho when some moron attacks your pride and joy

good luck with getting it sorted ...

yeah ive sent out a few pms. so far ive got 250 for the glass. windscrean obrians wanted 849 fitted haha told them where to go! and 440ish for front windscreen for records! a mates after a wing aswell so might try n kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Mate I recon you should contact the venue where the people were drinking, they must have a duty of care not only for patrons but also people who pass the venue????? video footage, I would get the footage if they had any and pass it onto your insurance company????

+1 billionty

they should pay IMO

make a police report pronto

I woulda been in me 1st fight if that was me and my stag........

some one tried to brake into my stagea while parked at a shopping center not very happy scratched the door and snapped a screwdiver off in my drivers side lock

F**k people shit me hay be happy with what u have

i totaly feel for u bro

post-16217-1222587128_thumb.jpg

+1 billionty

they should pay IMO

make a police report pronto

I woulda been in me 1st fight if that was me and my stag........

I'd be doing the same, contact the police ASAP - take the car direct to a police station and get them to make a report if necessary (and get the report/incident number).

Check if the venue has video footage, and I agree about the venue's duty of care. It might fall under the "Responsible Service of Alcohol" thing.

A similar thing happened to my old Corolla a fair while back, and had I known at the time what further avenues I should have taken, I might have actually got money back from the insurer instead of me having to pay the excess and losing some NCB. I tried numerous times to follow it up, but to no avail. :)

oooh man that sucks hey, if they did that to my stag i would say that yeh it would be close to a jail sentence for me.... I often wonder sometimes when i drive into to town for a couple of drinks whether i will come back to a car thats been all scratched up and what not, touch wood it hasn't happened yet.

I'd be doing the same, contact the police ASAP - take the car direct to a police station and get them to make a report if necessary (and get the report/incident number).

Check if the venue has video footage, and I agree about the venue's duty of care. It might fall under the "Responsible Service of Alcohol" thing.

A similar thing happened to my old Corolla a fair while back, and had I known at the time what further avenues I should have taken, I might have actually got money back from the insurer instead of me having to pay the excess and losing some NCB. I tried numerous times to follow it up, but to no avail. :cool:

I can tell you right now that it does fall under "Duty of Care" and also RSA if they were out the front of the club(possibly a smoking area? or just at the front door). I've worked and managed in bars and nightclubs for 9 years now and the front of the club is more often than not the private property of the club. The security and management have a responsiblity to control the area and move along anyone who has been ejected.

From past experience of people doing it to the venues, go to the police ASAP, contact the licensee of the venue and persuade the police to review the footage that they will no doubt have. If the people that did this have not been ejected(and it sounds like they should've been) then they are patrons and the venue is at fault if they lash out. If they WERE ejected then, once again they should have been moved on by security and again the venue is at fault. I don't know how hard you'll have to push but don't delay it, you have far more chance the earlier you get on with the investigation.

Good luck with it mate, I hope it all works out.

Cheers Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah similar thing happened to me, but it was at a set of lights in fyshwick, canberra and there were 4/5 guys in a car. Problem is they got more then they bargained for. i posted a thread up about it when it happened. i regret doing what i did because i wasnt able to make a police report because i would of been charged for asult. but smashing one of em really did make me feel alot better. only prob was i was left to fit the bill for the damage.