SAU Community

Top Gear Australia

R TUNE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*waits for said link*

The 3 dudes are complete asshats you know.

Skimming through the entries i only found one dude i thought would be a good bet for the show and he didnt make it.

..*sigh*

*turn on HD to watch the real guys at work on Topgear UK*

and what do 50 million retarded Americans re-electing a fellow retard president out of sympathy have to do with Australian produced television? :D

the free trade agreement between both nations clearly dictates that we need to pick up our game in the retard to sane person ratio deficiency. therefore I postulate that this show has been pieced together to bring us in sync with our gun toting - anti abortion - maccers loving brotheren.

Yeah, it was shit... But I'm going to watch it anyway cause I WANT to like it...

I think they just expected us to believe that they had taken off where the last top gear left off.

They said that the stig was over from the UK, not that he was Australian.

Not nearly enough information. The track wasn't shown, stig wasn't introduced...

The maybach sector was absolutely shit... HUGE waste of time and money...

They only spoke about the air intakes on the lambo... woot, like we can't all figure that out for ourselves...

Paulie from Fat Pizza should have been in there...

I also think that the people that would have watched this, wouldn't have given a shit about those 3 cars... except the snow part was cool :D

I'm going to give it a few weeks before I write it off completely...

I changed channel after not even driving the lambo. I agree with everyone saying they are just trying to be like the UK guys too much. For f**ksakes the set is identical to the UK topgear!!! Cant aussies ever think of orignal shit themselves... forever copying shows from US and UK.

I saw a picture of the STIG hanging up... please dont tell me they have a STIG here wearing the same outfit and acting the same??

Is this shitty show totally replacing the UK show or will we still see it again on SBS? I always look foward to monday nights... not anymore! Might give it another chance next week otherwise its border security and the force for me from now on.

Yes the stig is wearing same helmet..same suit...everything is the same. To me he seemed REALLY slow? Or is that just me? The track sucked...maybe thats why he seemed slow.

The "clarkson" impersonator was crap. He was definitely trying too hard. The little short guy annoys me because he says nissan funny...he says...niss-anne...idiot!!

The guy with the beard is alright..even tho i don't think he really said much..he was trying too hard when he did.

and wtf is the "What were they thinking?" wall? Thats the one thing they came up with for themselves and its the stupidest thing i've ever heard...its just the "uncool" section of the UK's cool wall.

They don't drive the cars hard enough...i didn't see one ounce of tyre smoke coming from the carerra or anything... :D

GTR was undoubtedly the highlight of the show....even if it was the Haltech one...oh and one other highlight was when the short guy was driving through the snow in the x-trail and he said something about trying a scando flick...

I really want to like this show....but its not going to be easy if they keep this up

Edited by Black Widow

Utter crap.

All 3 of the hosts shit me to tears, thank god south park was on after which made my night!!!

I'll keep watching it, but will have a cd in the background so I dont have to listen to them, oh, and that old bloke, he reminds me of the inflatable waving arm guy from family guy, the old bloke couldnt stop doing arm/hand movements when talking

argh.

Good grief... I SO want to like this show and for it to succeed, but I have a bad feeling.

1. The hosts were obviously told to try and incite some excitement into the show, and seemed so pumped up, talking over the top of eachother, talking too bloody much! Look at the UK version, sometimes a pause says more than ranting and raving..... Steve Pizzati.... you raised my blood pressure and gave me a tensiopn headache! Fark!

2. One of the highlights of UK Top Gear is the awesome cinematography.... helicpotors, super-high speed camera slowed to show water droplets suspended from a tyre... that kinda thing. Obviously the SBS budget doesn't run to that kinda stuff, so all we get is a few out of focus Porsche shots :D

3. The track is appalling, a motorkhana type shopping centre crap... oh God, just crap.

4. "The Stig" doesn't look at all comfortable driving, check his hand position and grip on the wheel amongst other things..... wasn't even using a good line most of the time!

5. The trainspotters amongst us would have all seen the inside shot of the GTR wasn't in fact the inside of a GTR...... attention to detail is KING.

6. Agree on Maybach.... wast of time and resources!

I'm going to give it a chance, they'll need time to gell, but everyone involved will need to pick up their act for sure!

did anyone record a copy of it?

I attempted it, but my recorder said "Get the fu(k out of here!"

The track was by far the most dissapointing part. There are more than enough 1 minute-ish tracks in oz and they come up with that crap cause the UK use an air field. What rubbish. Sad part is that nothings gonna change cause the episodes are pre recorded of course.

Oh well, my wife will be happy. She can watch Idol next week.