SAU Community

Rims Almost Stolen!

Damo_c

Hi people, i drove to cricket in Thomastown today and saw a nice gunmetel grey type r S15 with a bodykit and personalized plates black with white (didnt take notice of what it was) sitting in the car park. He is not invloved with my club so sort of had a quick glance to see what the driver looked like, please dont think im racist here but he was paki, sri lankan or indian, from one of those places in the sub continent, there were 2 defineitly possibly 3 people in the car. He had a nice look at my car but as i had a decent look at his i didnt take to much notice of why he would be looking so hard. Anyway he was parked a few spots from me when i first pulled in at about 5:00pm. I trained and didnt really take that much of notice at my car as i was from a fair distance from the parking spot.

I go to leave training at about 6.45 and he had moved his car to behind mine so i couldnt back out, i put my cricket bag in the boot and he took of as i did that. I started the car and left. I ended up catching up to him by chance as we were both turning left onto Dalton rd, i had to go right towards the city and he went left towards greensborough as we got to the ring rd. This is where the fun starts. As im driving along the car starts to shudder about everytime im cruising and braking but not under load, 5 mins away from home in Melton (40 mins) the noise got really bad and pulled over, as it was dark it was to hard for me to tell what was wrong, i thought it was my diff going but cos i was only 2km from home i kept going. I got home and found out that 4 wheel nuts were loose and i had sheered the 5th stud off my back left wheel. Now i know there was nothing wrong with it before i left for cricket as i had just gotten 2 new front tyres up the road from home today and the blokes didnt touch the back wheels at all ( i was watching them the whole time as not to scratch the rims ). I know that they were tight and were not loose as i gave the rims a clean on the weekend.

Now id like to know if anyone knows who the f**k this bloke is??????????? :)

Gun metal grey s15 type r personalized number plates black with white (cant rem)

Paki, sri lankan, indian, sub continent ethnicity

Parked in Thomo but headed towards Greensborough down the ring rd

Now im up for a new stud which dunno how to fix yet, gota read up on that and, yes i know, i need lock nuts but havent goten around to putting any on, i will 2moro!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

damn dude! that was lucky your wheel didnt come off. Do they have cameras at the place where you train????

Nah no cameras, im sooo bloody lucky the wheel never came off, ive never experienced that feeling so i didnt know what it was. If i find him again, ill let you know what happens!

Thank god your ok mate, I know its bad... but could have been alot worse....imagine you are cruising and just see your back left wheel start bouncing away...

still hope you find the prick :D

do you have lock nuts?

ive got a set on my car, have been thinking of putting a second set on for a while (2 per wheel) that way i would still have 2 nuts opposite side to each other if someone tried this.

Damn man, that's some lucky / unlucky shit..

Hope you find this guy or at least he gets whats coming........

Years ago we were driving along pulling a 27ft caravan and suddenly one of the wheels from the van overtakes us......WTF???

We broke 3 axels that trip!!

You know that when your towing a caravan and one of you wheels overtake you that you definitely not going fast enough.

Dam caravans.

Damn man, that's some lucky / unlucky shit..

Hope you find this guy or at least he gets whats coming........

Years ago we were driving along pulling a 27ft caravan and suddenly one of the wheels from the van overtakes us......WTF???

We broke 3 axels that trip!!

well without remembering the plate you really haven't got a hope

S15's are a dime a dozen etc etc... :)

Yeah they are but i havent seen one like this, it really stood out, i wish i could rem the plate but for the life of me i cant.

do you have lock nuts?

ive got a set on my car, have been thinking of putting a second set on for a while (2 per wheel) that way i would still have 2 nuts opposite side to each other if someone tried this.

I did have sum but i lost the socket so when i had new back tyres put on last year i got them to take them of all the wheels for me. I wanna get sum that not many people have, my mate had a the same set on his vk that i used to n he got his from autobarn like me so its easy for sum bloke just to go to autobarn type of places and buy a set of them just to get the key. Where are the best places to get a set but not from autobarn or supercheap auto type places, can anyone tell me?

at the end of the day, if they want your wheels, lock nuts aren't going to stop them

That is true, im thinking of buying 5 different sets of locks nuts, yeah i may be going overboard but this has scared the shit outa me. Im not a big fan of driving on 3 or less wheels unless i get a motorbike!!

I live in Melton too which doesnt have the best rep,touch wood nothing has happened to me, but id rather pay 200 bucks on a few sets then whatever it would cost per year for insurnence on them. I like my rims that i got with the car and have never seen them on any other car. I dont feel like parting with them just yet.

Woah dude thats crazy, wouldnt like to see that guy change a wheel over... if it took him that long and didnt get anything off lol.

New stud is easy dude, about $7 each, they are different sizes front and back, just need to take caliper off and knock stud out, can be tricky getting new one in, not much room to play with.

If u need a hand flick me a PM im in melton a few times a week these days now

Bad luck dude!

To get the studs out, take the caliper off, handbrake off, then disc off (might need a few whacks with a rubber mallet....not on the disc itself though) then you can belt the stud out.

To put a new one in is a bit trickier, I tend to take the stud hub off, put it in a vice and knock them in

if your realy desperate to find this guy, do a couple of things, keep going to training keeping an eye out for his car, and scour all the silvia forums in the members rides sections and see if you can find his car.

All ready on it. 2 blokes at the club said that the 2 guys jumpred outa the car and were wondering around. The way he blocked me in, looking back on it, in the position we were training on the ground most of the night would block of the view. Im not saying that im 100% that bloke did it, but im and most of the other people at the club are 95%, thats good enough for me.

That is true, im thinking of buying 5 different sets of locks nuts, yeah i may be going overboard but this has scared the shit outa me. Im not a big fan of driving on 3 or less wheels unless i get a motorbike!!

I live in Melton too which doesnt have the best rep,touch wood nothing has happened to me, but id rather pay 200 bucks on a few sets then whatever it would cost per year for insurnence on them. I like my rims that i got with the car and have never seen them on any other car. I dont feel like parting with them just yet.

locknuts wont do much

you just bash a socket over the top and get them off interference fit style

If people want something bad enough, they'll get it