SAU Community

Million Dollar Driver Challenge

MissJuz

they might have a booking, but have they been paid? if I was running such a thing, I would of course do exactly what I said I would do. I'd book the track, even pay a small deposit if need be to add some credibility. I'd also ring the suppliers and talk about my order with them too.

god I hope it is legitimate. quite a few people I know have ponied up some money. I was super keen to do one of the win a wrx days but had my doubts and decided to stay out.

anyway, i'm sure we'll all know one way or another soon enough.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it is a bit un-nerving to see that dennis350z and andrea who both signed up then posted about how great MDC is and how legit they are both posted from the same IP address which was also used by Jason Sinai. Now there is no point jumping to conclusions, it doesn't 100% mean they are dummy accounts or that it's a scam. it just gives it a little bit of an odour that's all.

it's possible (albeit highly coincidental) that they use the same ISP and they share a range of IP addresses or one of a couple of possible explanations.

having said that I can't help but notice his website has disappeared. http://www.milliondollardriverchallenge.com.au/

although you can still access pages there if you know the direct link. such as http://www.milliondollardriverchallenge.co...mp-sponsors.php

did anyone get the november issue of unique cars? did it have the promised advertisement?

http://www.milliondollardriverchallenge.co...ow-to-enter.php

http://www.milliondollardriverchallenge.co...es/contacts.php

http://www.milliondollardriverchallenge.co...ages/prizes.php

perhaps it may be worth sending and email to see what response you get? [email protected]

[email protected]

interesting that on the carandimage forum a new user joined in november and posted this:

02-11-2008, 09:02 PM #14

Andy

Andy is on a distinguished road

Hi All, Just noticed this on your forum while surfing the net.

Myself and 5 mates flew to Sydney last week to meet with the organiser (Jason) as we wanted to enter but thought we would meet the guys first as we too were a bit "suss" as you put it.

We have ALL entered as, as far as we could tell its all above board and looks like being an awesome experience!

The guy at the head of it has massive car industry and motor sport experience too - Lamborghini Australia general manager till 2005, driven East Coast Targa in a Gallardo, production cars in South Africa with BMW, Porsche challenge South Africa champ 1995 and recently runner up in Mazdaspeed USA MX5 Championship 2006, all on Google.

I reckon though that the WRX"s will be CACTUS at the end though!!

Any tips on driving at Wakefield guys, as Ive never even been there.

Cheers,

Andy"

sounds almost identical to what new user "andrea" posted when they joined up on SAU (with the same IP as Jason). Andrea joined up and her first post was:

"hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that i like most of you have been more than a little skeptical of this million dollar driver challenge.

i have been interested in the event and have spoken to the organisers a few times over the phone but when i saw the offer above i decided to jump on it and try to enter in the 10 special deals being offered.

as i am melbourne based i decided to fly to sydney today to see exactly who i was dealing with, as even $3500 is a substantial amount for me to part with.

i met with jason sinai who is the organiser and i must say my mind was immediatly at ease - he has massive backing for the event and it looks like being a winner, cars have been ordered, deposits for track time paid and i was even privy to the design of the website which is due to be launched soon, it all looks great.

as there is alot of negativity towards th event i thought i would try and set the record straight for the organisers and say that i am delighted to be involved and have my entry in. biggrin.gif"

very strange. also quite similar user names. andrea...andy...

then after Jase announced the track day win a wrx day "Andy" posted:

" Andy

Andy is on a distinguished road

Like the 1 day track day idea Jason.....

Put myself and the boys down for 6 places on the monday please, have emailed you too."

and on our forum, Andrea posted:

"post 10 Nov 2008, 09:04 PM

great to see the 1 day track days going ahead jason. about to email you re our two entries for each day."

lol

man people are stupid

Come on you lot,,,maybe they are just having some sort of technical difficulties at the moment.

Still no pics of Duncans tits though Pete.

Neil.

I had my reservations and my $$$ stayed in my pocket. A few things started to ring alarm bells for me.

1. Google'ing Jason Sinai didn't return too many results with no real background. If I google my name there are pages of where my name is somewhere or other. 99% people would be in the same boat.

2. I emailed and got one of the "10 spots" offered at 3.5k. When I hadn't transferred my deposit on the due date, I had multiple sms's and calls asking where the $$$ were - who in motorsport chases you so hard for an entry?

3. Once all 10 spots were filled, I mentioned this event to a mate, who emailed Jason and got offered a spot at the 3.5k price. I thought this was strictly 10 spots???

4. Said mate deposited some money; was told he was going to get a tax receipt. I believe he is still waiting for it!

5. If this was such a serious event, why is it at a rural track and not a city based track like Oran Park or Eastern Creek?

6. Payment only acceptable via cheque or direct deposit. No credit card facilities for large amounts like 13k. There is no insurance on cheque or direct deposit however this is on credit cards.

7. When 290 spots are already filled before the end of November, I get contacted again being offered one of ten available spots for a total price of $1500 which still includes helmet, suit and full entry etc. If you only have 10 spots left, already filled 290 spots, why would you offer 10 spots at 10% of the price. Thats over $120k lost by offering these spots in such a high demand.

8. Things really started to go quiet when John Boston posted his thoughts and queries.

9. History shows that one make series's never last and the companies that run them often go bankrupt and fold (most recently Sherrin's springs to mind). People have also said that prize money in these series's often never actually appear and consolation prices like one off drives are given instead to lessen the disappointment of not seeing the as advertised/promised prize money!

Sadly, if its too good to be true, it often is.

I hope for my mates sake (and Jason Sinai's) that this event goes ahead as he has paid a deposit and I think could do quite well. Personally for me, I'm glad I saved my money and have potentially put it into my tarmac rally plans for 2009.

it is a bit un-nerving to see that dennis350z and andrea who both signed up then posted about how great MDC is and how legit they are both posted from the same IP address which was also used by Jason Sinai. Now there is no point jumping to conclusions, it doesn't 100% mean they are dummy accounts or that it's a scam. it just gives it a little bit of an odour that's all.

it's possible (albeit highly coincidental) that they use the same ISP and they share a range of IP addresses or one of a couple of possible explanations.

Hi All,

Les Okey from Impreza WRX Club Inc.(VIC) here - I know, I know - it's my first post over here so I probably have no credibility either!

Saw one of the SAU people post up these shenannigans on our forums in a thread on this "event" & took another look at Jason's thread on our site.

I can also now confirm that "johno1" who appeared to support "jase" on our forums posted from the same IP as "jase" has 3 times ...

The listed profile email address for "johno1" when entered in Google comes up with a business prominantly partnered by a person by the name of John *******, who when Googled gets some alarming business results to say the least!!!

Just some more mud to throw. Surely by now some of it is sticking ...

Pretty sad :down:

I feel sorry for the people that have indeed paid if there are any..... I seen this thread/event on the lamboghni (*spelling*) forum and a few others too :)

Have the cops been told yet??