SAU Community

Gtr 35 Insurance How Much And Who Offers It?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shannons insured mine.

and mate there is not set price for any car. insurance takes into account your age, location, sex, driving history, how often the car is used, where it's kept, your claim history etc. so just get some quotes yourself. what other people pay isn't relevant to anyone else.

• 5 months later...

I have been researching insurance for my R35 as it is due to arrive in the next 2 weeks. Anyway I thought I would pass on what I have found so hopefully it may come in handy to others in the same boat.

Dawes Underwriters

www.dawes.com.au

Have been fantastic, they are able to provide flexible alternatives. They are one of the few insurers that will insure this car for business use, additionally they offer flexibility for occassional users as well.

Shannons

www.shannons.com.au

They have been helpful, they will insure the car if it is not your only car. Basically suitable if the GTR is your weekend driver and you have another one for everyday use. They will not insure the car for any business use.

Just Car Insurance

www.justcar.com.au

These guys came in with the lowest quote, HOWEVER, their excess was over $10,000 (TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS) for an accident and over $12,000 for theft. As such, they are not on my short list.

NRMA

www.nrma.com.au

They have no official policy pricing yet, they are waiting on final specs from Nissan Australia before their underwriters will provide pricing. They do however carry the insurance across from your exisiting car if you are trading it in. This will carry and be inplace for 14 days from date of trade in. As such if you are trading a car in on the GTR then the insuarnce will transfer across with it. If you are not trading (like me) then you are basically stuck until they release premiums.

I believe all other major insurers have not released premiums yet, I was not able to get quotes from any one else yet as they were in the same boat as NRMA.

Insurance is based on driver aged between 30 and 35, have no accidents and a clean driving record with a maximum no claim bonus.

I will update as more information comes through.

Cheers.

Edited by Gibbo_R35

Insurance companies are funny things. Shannons have quoted me for use of the car for Business use - however I have also been a Shannons customer for 10 years with other cars so maybe thats why.

Thanks for the info Gibbo. FWIW, i contacted Just Car Insurance and they said they flat out CANNOT cover the R35 due to the value of the car. What's the deal with that?

I have been researching insurance for my R35 as it is due to arrive in the next 2 weeks. Anyway I thought I would pass on what I have found so hopefully it may come in handy to others in the same boat.

Dawes Underwriters

www.dawes.com.au

Have been fantastic, they are able to provide flexible alternatives. They are one of the few insurers that will insure this car for business use, additionally they offer flexibility for occassional users as well.

Shannons

www.shannons.com.au

They have been helpful, they will insure the car if it is not your only car. Basically suitable if the GTR is your weekend driver and you have another one for everyday use. They will not insure the car for any business use.

Just Car Insurance

www.justcar.com.au

These guys came in with the lowest quote, HOWEVER, their excess was over $10,000 (TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS) for an accident and over $12,000 for theft. As such, they are not on my short list.

NRMA

www.nrma.com.au

They have no official policy pricing yet, they are waiting on final specs from Nissan Australia before their underwriters will provide pricing. They do however carry the insurance across from your exisiting car if you are trading it in. This will carry and be inplace for 14 days from date of trade in. As such if you are trading a car in on the GTR then the insuarnce will transfer across with it. If you are not trading (like me) then you are basically stuck until they release premiums.

I believe all other major insurers have not released premiums yet, I was not able to get quotes from any one else yet as they were in the same boat as NRMA.

Insurance is based on driver aged between 30 and 35, have no accidents and a clean driving record with a maximum no claim bonus.

I will update as more information comes through.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info Gibbo. FWIW, i contacted Just Car Insurance and they said they flat out CANNOT cover the R35 due to the value of the car. What's the deal with that?

They originally told me that also, however I spoke to the manager there and he got back to me after about an hour and gave me the pricing. For everyone's interest it was about $3,300 per year.

Other quotes range from about $3,800 upto about $4,200.00. This is for business registration and as an everyday driver.

Cheers.

They originally told me that also, however I spoke to the manager there and he got back to me after about an hour and gave me the pricing. For everyone's interest it was about $3,300 per year.

Other quotes range from about $3,800 upto about $4,200.00. This is for business registration and as an everyday driver.

Cheers.

Yeah I went with the Business use at $3800 a year (everyday car). They have nice low excess if anything happens. Wife had a couple of claims under my name in the last 3 years so that probably pushed my rates a bit higher than normal.

Great info Jeff. $3-4K is not as bad as I would have expected although the excess through Just Car is pretty extreme.

Being a factory-imported car, I reckon all Nissan Australia dealerships should be assisting their customers with getting the best price on insurance, and that's if they don't provide insurance in-house, which I reckon they should (but probably can't).

As you would know Jeff - BMW have insurance plans available in-house when you buy a car through the dealership.

Although these insurance costs (together with servicing costs) are all speculation on the ADM cars so far, I would have thought Nissan Aus would be working harder for your dollars, those of you who are lucky enough to buy one. I'd like to think that Nissan will provide owners with absolute first-class service, akin to that of Lexus.

My R35 is fully insured

Cost $1254 inc GST

excess $1000

Not sure they knew what kind of car it was 8 months ago

I won't say what company it is until I renew in a few months

My R35 is fully insured

Cost $1254 inc GST

excess $1000

Not sure they knew what kind of car it was 8 months ago

I won't say what company it is until I renew in a few months

awesome price! try and renew it early perhaps :P

EDIT TO LIST:

Shannons

www.Shannons.com.au

They will insure for business use, they have light and heavy business. They have to get their quotes done by their manager for this, however from what I am seeing they seem to be very cost effective and give a 10% discount if you have a CAMS license.

sorry to go off topic... Gibbo, is your 335 a coupe or a sedan? my old man has a 335i coupe and i'm trying to get him to make the switch :D:O

Mine is a coupe. I have listed the 335 for sale but I must say the market is dead, I will probably keep it as an everyday driver and have the GTR for weekends....my only issue is garage space, I need an 8 car garage for the cars and toys.

personally I reckon this is a bit of a pointless exercise. insurance quotes vary from person to person so much and for reasons most of us don't even know.

just because LSX got a quote for $2100 from XYZ insurance doesn't mean you will when you call there. they will take into account age, location, sex, driving history, previous claims and possibly even how long you've insured with the company, how many other cars you have insured with the company etc. so many times we've had these threads where frank only pays $50 PA for his R35 so why can't I get that price etc. the only way to get the best price for yourself is ring as many companies as you can and get as many quotes as you can. :D