SAU Community

Apexi Boost Control With Powerfc Or Avc-r?

Avc-r is better and you will have another pretty screen in your car.

The price difference in the price between the kit and the avc-r isn't big!!!

I had an solenoid and a map sensor for avc-r and I made a hand-made harness for the pfc so it is worth!! And also I hate many gauges and screens in my car.

i definately recommend the avc'r as the apexi boost controller kits are useless and unreliable

What the? The AVC'R is Apexi and uses the same solenoid as the Power FC Boost Kit.......

So how did you come to that conclusion?

same logic, same code, same solenoid, same map sensor, same functional control

the avcr has option of

-gear based boost control

the powerfc boost control kit has option of

-boost correction based on intake temp

-boost overrun protection (fuel cut on the ecu if boost spikes 0.25kgcm2 past target boost)

-boost display on hand controller

-boost displayed in logs with datalogit

-boost correction based on intake temp

-boost overrun protection (fuel cut on the ecu if boost spikes 0.25kgcm2 past target boost)

Yup, its these reasons that made me go with the PFC over AVCR boost controller for my car...

Edited by MintR33

I'm also in the market to get a new EBC, so far I got the AVCR and PFC addon Boost controllers in mind...

-boost display on hand controller

If the PFC boost controller is so good, then why would you be getting boost spikes?

Also, this concerns me, because i got rid of my stock AFM and got a PFC to remove the fuel cut, I wouldnt wanna be getting fuel cuts again...

Edited by EVL-R33

can anyone compare these two boost controllers with the greddy provec b spec 2 boost controller?? how do they compare??

get the profec B II mate. easier to set-up, plus you have a dedicated display which shows the peak boost reached during each burst of acceleration which is very handy when you are tuning the thing. they are easy to install, light and easy to read.

get the profec B II mate. easier to set-up, plus you have a dedicated display which shows the peak boost reached during each burst of acceleration which is very handy when you are tuning the thing. they are easy to install, light and easy to read.

thats what i have been told also, and they're at a pretty good price aswell, and my tuner recommended it too.. thanks mate