SAU Community

Electronic Motor Whir Noise When Closing Rear Door

Tommy G

Just wondering if anyone knows what the electric motor/click noise combo is when you shut the boot? Is it something to do with the rear windscreen wiper pump, or locking or?? :(

Just wondering if anyone knows what the electric motor/click noise combo is when you shut the boot? Is it something to do with the rear windscreen wiper pump, or locking or?? :(

its the auto closer.if you just put door gently down till it touches you will see what i mean .the motor will pull it shut

Best thing they invented for the wagon. Impressed all my friends with it when I first got our car. Now I just gotta teach everyone else not to slam/drop my boot door. At least my wife can't slam it now either.

im going to put higher pressure struts for the tailgate, when i sound deaden the door, does anyone know what the tourque is for the motor?

It shouldn't make any difference. The motor doesn't kick in until the pressure is off the struts.

Best thing they invented for the wagon. Impressed all my friends with it when I first got our car. Now I just gotta teach everyone else not to slam/drop my boot door.

I hear that. My sister slams every car door irrespective of breaking it.

That auto closer is great when the boot is absolutely full.

Edited by mr_infamy