SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

A lot of us do drive like dicks at times, if you saw a commodore pull out of a sidestreet and hang the back out for no reason doing 80 in a 60 you would laugh when he got defected. Even if it was 11pm on a Tuesday with no one around.

When you are honestly doing nothing and get done then I can see where the anger comes from.

+1

sorry didnt mean for that comment to anger people, im all for spending a bit of time and money to make a car look good but when people drag race and kill other people it ruins it for others and what happens a blitz on all imports even if there are more rust buckets out there but thats a never ending story. reality is one day we wont even be aloud to have a cd player in the car without getting a defect :/ life sucks :(

bottom line is there are always people out there who are going to ruin anything for everyone else and we are all the unlucky ones

sorry didnt mean for that comment to anger people, im all for spending a bit of time and money to make a car look good but when people drag race and kill other people it ruins it for others and what happens a blitz on all imports even if there are more rust buckets out there but thats a never ending story. reality is one day we wont even be aloud to have a cd player in the car without getting a defect :/ life sucks :(

bottom line is there are always people out there who are going to ruin anything for everyone else and we are all the unlucky ones

"bottom line is there are always people out there who are going to ruin anything for everyone else and we are all the unlucky ones"

yep :(

Bit confused what regency meant by "child restraints" and how to actually fix it. Since i have after market rear speakers (6" clarions) sitting in the parcel shelf of my r34 gtt coupe, what do i need to do to rectify this defect?

I do know the stock speakers have holes going straight through them to the mounting points. Not sure what to do here, any help / advice?

Do you have the mounting points for the child restraints already fitted? If so you don't need to do anything, this should have been done when the car was imported.

Regency had a go at me because I didn't have the actual child restraint hooks, however if you have the anchor points this is all that is needed, they can be fairly hard to see and find but if you have them then this is all that is required.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew this day was coming. So here it is, I got DEFECTED last weekend in Berri. I was driving my mates car and he was driving mine. He got pulled over, I kept going. He called back saying that the cops wanted me to bring his car back so that they can have a look at it and possibly defect it as well. When I rocked up the first thing the cop said was "your car is being defected". So instantly I asked why it was being defected for, the older cop said, for BOV, boost controller and aftermarket turbo. All is fine but the BOV is stock, and the boost controller he pointed to my Master brake cyclinder stopper.

Being defected wasn't an issue, the issue for me here is that the cop told me that I was getting a fine for driving my mates car which they deemed defectable. So I would get the fine for being the driver at that time and my mate would get the fine for driving my car which was defectable. This is where I have a small issue, I got a fine for my car for not complying with ADR standards and a defect, but on the other hand my mate didn't get a fine or a defect. So this is what I am confused about? I wasn't the driver of my car at the time of being pulled over and defected. Yet the fine has been made out to me.

Can anyone please clarify this for me?

When you have called them Krish about that give us a call so I know what's happening. As soon as I got out the car he said it's getting defected and towed.

Lol you guys have never done a skid before? Rose coloured glasses anyone?

haha

NO - Ive never done a "skid" before.

Never, not once since I got my L's on my 16th birthday 18years ago.

My poison was "going fast" back when I used to ride bikes, so I know Ive done wrong previously, however that being said, I dont go over the limit simply because I couldnt afford to pay out a speeding fine! That, and with the fear of defect, my Stagea is for sale.

Krishy - sorry to hear mate. Thats not good :(