SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

How much to get that done?

Same price as all his other OP6 high flows I imagine, around the $1500 mark I think.

A 260kw highflow using OP6 rear end would be the best performance highflow he does using the stock housings.

std high flow would has the best drivability which cost $960 inc GST and braided oil line or use PU high flow that also capable of 300rwkws cost $1400 with a brand new .82 rear housing and actuator.

The 3540 sort of high flow cost $1200 using all stock housings, I didn't like they way how it drives, its very laggy.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone.

Got some questions regarding vehicle defects

I recently parted with my hard earned on a 1998 40th anniversary R33.

The previous owner said the car was imported in 2008 and that he bought it 2 months later from a dealer

It has tein adjustable coilovers, which he told me were a defect (i knew that before i bought it) as well as the boost guage located on the drivers side door piller and a Greddy boost controller(Which is now removed).

He then told me that the car was imported in its current state.

This confused me because the car would have had to pass through Regency before it was able to be sold.

WHY did the vehicle pass with clear breaches of the rules and WHY did the dealer then proceed to sell him the "Unroadworthy" vehicle, it makes no sense

I am also hazy on the BOV regulations. Are aftermarket BOV's defectable alltogether or are they legal if the pressure is plumbed back into the system?

Cheers

Slack inspector is basically the only reason it got through, the majority will not pass adjustable coilovers.

It is possible they paid a workshop to comply it and get it registered, workshops will put 100% stock gear in, get it registered then swap all the mods back on.

The latter is much more likely.

I had the same issues with mine, A pillar boost gauge , coilover shocks, dump pipe from dealer , who knew it was defects but didnt care. just wanted the cash. they put all stock gear on it then swapped it over afterwards

mine went thru regency without a buckle on the seatbelt and they didnt catch it. .. safety inspection my ass. I caught it the day I bought it. test drive , no way to secure the belt.the part wasnt there at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just wanting to know if anybody has had any answers to know if aftermarket turbo's (GT2860-7) will pass through without any hassles on a 33R?

Thanks

At a visual inspection do they look identical to stock turbos? If not then no it will not pass.

Remember they will be looking from above and from below. Do they have tags on them which indicate they aren't factory nissan? if so remove them. Any markings, numbers or letters on the housings may be a give away, grind them off and then grease it up so it doesn't look brand new imo.

I reckon they would get through, they look the same, same size and no modifications to fit. and you can barely even see the turbos. I think if u look hard enough, at one angle with a torch you can make out the word Garrett

Hi Guys,

Just wanting to know if anybody has had any answers to know if aftermarket turbo's (GT2860-7) will pass through without any hassles on a 33R?

Thanks

They >should< pass, whether or not they pass without hassle is another thing (depends on the inspector) - you >may< need a document that declares that the 2860 series are a direct bolt on replacement for the OEM turbos (I believe MTQ has these?)

Good luck

-D

At a visual inspection do they look identical to stock turbos? If not then no it will not pass.

Remember they will be looking from above and from below. Do they have tags on them which indicate they aren't factory nissan? if so remove them. Any markings, numbers or letters on the housings may be a give away, grind them off and then grease it up so it doesn't look brand new imo.

I reckon they would get through, they look the same, same size and no modifications to fit. and you can barely even see the turbos. I think if u look hard enough, at one angle with a torch you can make out the word Garrett

They >should< pass, whether or not they pass without hassle is another thing (depends on the inspector) - you >may< need a document that declares that the 2860 series are a direct bolt on replacement for the OEM turbos (I believe MTQ has these?)

Good luck

-D

Thanks for the reply guys, I will give MTQ a call tomorrow and seek a bit more information.

I have it booked in for inspection at Regency on Tuesday so hopefully the car passes without any massive problems.

Once again thanks for the help!

Josh

they aren't going to boost more than your current boost controller so their levels should be the same

but their airflow at the same boost will be greater, hence different load points?

I am assuming they have different trim wheels.

they aren't going to boost more than your current boost controller so their levels should be the same

In most cases yes, but that also depends upon the PSI rating of the actuator attached to the turbos

Garret make em in 7, 14 and 21 psi...

All are legal (but never as accurate/safe as an EBC, therein lies the dilemma)

-D