SAU Community

New Shoes

Hey guys

some of you saw my car at the meetup, just posting a few pics of the new rims on the car

19 x 9.5 +17 - 265/30/19 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx

19 x 10.5 +17 - 295/30/19 Michelin Pilot Sport 2

imo the right size 19" rim doesnt actually look small on the v35.

i also have Nagisa Auto Rear Camber, Rear Toe, and Front Camber arms in order to make the rims fit.

Running -2.5 Degrees Camber all round.

I also installed some HKS Kansai sway bars too. They make a MASSIVE difference to the body roll and handling of the car. A must have first mod for Everyone!

Car has been lowered, it is sitting on TEIN Comfort Sport Coilovers. I think they are at the max it can go in terms of height adjustment. This made the biggest difference to the look of the car, as a low V35 looks AWESOME!

one thing i planned for, is that i currently have 10mm hubcentric slip on spacers on order, so that i can bring the front rims out, bringing the offset of the front to +7. I would of ordered them in +7, but RAYS dont make them in that offset. Its +17 then +4...... big jump.

only 2 pics i have. enjoy.

-mark

GTS1.JPG

GTS2.JPG

Edited by BLISTC

Awesome Mark. Without doubt one of the nicest wheels you can get for a V35.

Completely agree about the sways as well. Had Nismo's on mine when i had it and it's like a different car!

Is -2.5 degree a bit too much for daily driving ? I had my R33 previously set to around this, as I took it to track once in a while, and it wears out the inside half of the tyres real fast... as it's driven more on the street basically daily.

hey guys thanks for the replies.

ive seen some V35's with 20" and in some photos it just looks too big. i reckon the best fitment would be 20" Rear and 19" front but then i dont know what that would look like.

-2.5 degree camber is alot, but all i do is going to get the tyres swapped around every 10,000kms or so, so that they will wear a bit more evenly. making the car look good comes at a price unfortunately.

PS. i also had to roll the rear guards as well to get that offset rim under the car

Edited by BLISTC

Good work, looks nice and I hope you don't forget to switch the tyres with the Camber your running...

some people forget unfortunately wasting tyres early in the piece.

nah i wont forget

its something i always keep an eye on and do and have done with my last 2 cars also

I like the rims... looks phat.... i recon the 10mm spacers will look good on the front. I have 15mm spacers if you want them... I bought them for my car but they were a bit too small for the front. So had to get some 25mm...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.
    • What is the "compromise" that you think will happen? Are you thinking that something will get damaged? The only things you have to be concerned about with spherical jointed suspension arms are; Arguments with the constabulary wrt their legality (they are likely to be illegal for road use without an engineering certificatation, and that may not be possible to obtain). A lot more NVH transmitted through to the passengers (which is hardly a concern for those with a preference for good handling, anyway). Greatly increased inspection and maintenance requirements (see above points, both).   It is extremely necessary to ask what car you are talking about. Your discussion on strut tops, for example, would be completely wrong for an R chassis, but be correct for an S chassis. R32s have specific problems that R33/4 do not have. Etc. I have hardened rubber bushes on upper rear control arms and traction rods. Adjustable length so as to be able to set both camber and bump steer. You cannot contemplate doing just the control arms and not the traction arms. And whatever bushing you have in one you should have in the other so that they have similar characteristics. Otherwise you can get increased oddness of behaviour as one bushing flexes and the other doesn't, changing the alignment between them. I have stock lower rear arms with urethane bushes. I may make changes here, these are are driven by the R32's geometry problems, so I won't discuss them here unless it proves necessary. I have spherical joints in the front caster rods. I have experienced absolutely no negatives and only positives from doing so. They are massively better than any other option. I have sphericals in the FUCAs, but this is driven largely by the (again) R32 specific problems with the motion of those arms. I just have to deal with the increased maintenance required. Given how much better the front end behaves with the sphericals in there.....I'd probably be tempted to go away from my preference (which is not to have sphericals on a road car, for 2 of the 3 reasons in the bulleted list above), just to gain those improvements. And so my preference for not using sphericals (in general) on a road car should be obvious. I use them judiciously, though, as required to solve particular problems.
    • Easiest way to know is to break out the multimeter and measure it when cold, then measure all the resistances again once it gets hot enough to misfire. Both the original ignitor and the J Replace version. Factory service manual will have the spec for the terminal measurements.
    • Yes that sounds right. Cars currently in the shop for the engine work. Will need to remeasure .. but yes I think I must be targeting 45cm from fender.