SAU Community

What Type Of Petrol Can Go In My Car?

Tyson 1990

Hey just wondering what sort of petrol i can use in my car. I've just been using the normal unleaded but since petrol prices are cheap i can put in anything now. I know theres Premium Unleaded and at BP Petrol stations theres another one called "BP Ultimate Unleaded". So yeah can i use any type of them in my car and what would be the best to use? I'm guess the BP Ultimate Unleaded since it has a higher percentage of octane. Also whats the equivalent to BP Ultimate Unleaded at other petrol stations? I'm sure other petrol stations would have a similiar type of petrol to that but under another name.

Anyway i know its a rather dumb/boring question but i thought theres no harm in asking anyway. Just making sure i don't put in some petrol thats going to be bad for my car.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Jebus T.T.F.C.

If you use anything below 98 octane you should be shot. Theres a large debate about it but get BP Ultimate if you can. Theres also Shell V-Power, Caltex has vortex something...... theres others but Im drunk at the moment so the names arn't flying in.

IF YOUR CAR IS TURBO!!! ONLY RUN 98 RON which one you choose is up to you

as for shell v power... it has been craped, it was a point that our goverment was trying to make, by showing the public that you could use ethanol in petrol

shell was making a massive loss when it came to 100 ron, in transport an refining it... but since the goverment FUNDED the project they made money out of it

For N/A I think you can get away from just using Ron 91 (regular), I could be wrong though...

For Turbo, recommended is Ron 98 or higher, but if you drive like a granny, you can probably get away with just premium (ron 95), since my friend with a turbo 180sx uses just premium in his car & its running ok.

Still I use Ron 98 for my turbo (Vortex 98 or BP Ultimate), just to be safe :yes:

yeah and your body can survive if you drink your own piss... but its not as healthy as water..

Bahahahahahahahahahaha. that there is a good statement.

killing it slowly... pfffttt the turbo dropped off and ran away... its already dead :spank:

Killing me softly with low ron killing me softly.....

seriously tho, you want your car to run right get the manual read it and give it what it needs. lets see how to put this.... ah yes, giving a car that has an engine designed for higher octane fuel low octane fuel is like giving a decent chick a go with half an inch of C*$k yeah it might do the job for ya but the performance and entusiamsam is not gonna be there now is it....