SAU Community

2009 Track Day Calendar

BBGTR

Well the last sprint for 2008 has been run and won*** (by me! :) ) so it's time to hand jive to next years calendar.

Don't worry about the impending end of the world (otherwise know as the credit crisis :down: ) - embrace KRudds mantra - and spend on shiny stuff - preferably with a Nissan stamp on it somewhere

Enjoy

Andrew

2009_track_day_schedule.zip

*** I won the event because it was against a bunch of 30 year old ALFA's. :(

Not doing Morwell?

No - it's just too far for such a short time on the track.

There are also lots of closer events at the same time.

But you never know.

couple of quickies -

1. Once i become an official SAU member can i attend any and all of these track days?

2. Does it require me to get a CAMS licenes in order to be able to pariticipate?

Whats the best way of transporting a non-road registered vehicle to these meets? I dont have a valid licesne at all atm.

couple of quickies -

1. Once i become an official SAU member can i attend any and all of these track days?

2. Does it require me to get a CAMS licenes in order to be able to pariticipate?

Whats the best way of transporting a non-road registered vehicle to these meets? I dont have a valid licesne at all atm.

1. Yes

2. Yes

Trailer...and track day requirements usually state that you have to have a valid road license to be used in conjunction with your CAMS license.

Have you driven Haunted Hills yet Andrew? If you haven't it's worth at least one trip, great little track

No, I haven't been down there yet. I will probably spectate at an event and make a call then.

1. Yes

2. Yes

Trailer...and track day requirements usually state that you have to have a valid road license to be used in conjunction with your CAMS license.

Oops... I did a lot of events when I didn't have a licence. I'm pretty sure you don't need a road licence to compete in most events.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question..

Are all those trackdays open class?? meaning can any car participate?

I'm aiming to attend the AROCA one held at winton on Sun, March 01.

I didnt get out much last year due to the engine letting go.. but all is ready to go now, just gotta run it in and tune etc.. so keen as mustard to get out there!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Liam,

All the track days are interclub/all in these days. No one can afford to run a track day for their club only these days execpt for the Porsche club.

All you need to do is download the relevant club's supp regs and enter.

See you at the track.

Regards

Andrew

Just a quick question..

Are all those trackdays open class?? meaning can any car participate?

I'm aiming to attend the AROCA one held at winton on Sun, March 01.

I didnt get out much last year due to the engine letting go.. but all is ready to go now, just gotta run it in and tune etc.. so keen as mustard to get out there!! :D

• 7 months later...

hi everyone just a quick question,

i hvae a r33 gtr i do a few hillclimbs in it have got my vic membership and cams l2s licence so thats all good but,

my car has is road regoed and has a cusco bolt in cage that is not approved and the car is non log booked, now i have gotten around this because in the cams manual it states its up to them to allow it to run in the even where a cage is not required.

last hillclimb i did was in sa and they cracked it at me i turned around and said it a road regoed car im not welding a cage in i dont even need a cage in the car for this event, it is there for my own saftey if you wont let me run withit ill just un bolt it right now and ill run without a cage.

guess what they let me run with it.

but will they let me run with it over here in vic at track days?