SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

Yeh, Bermie and Max screwing the fans again. Renault and Toyota, possibly BMW as well will walk with the rule change and cap leaving the shells of the teams trying to do a Brawn with whatever engine they can get their hands on and any funding they can get their hands on.

LOL, about 4-6 weeks ago Flav was in talks about buying Renault, so that tells me he knows he has to keep the team together once Renault walk. LOL Flav needs to keep in F1, i mean when he gets divorced again he needs to be part of the circus so he can meat the next 35yr old hottie :down:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dont know, it might be better for the fans if a break away happens and works right..

(im just dreaming with a nissan team, i know itl n ever happen but it would b fun to see)

I can't see why FOTA can't do this all without Bernie and the FIA. Max the fkn Nazi has had this coming for quite some time now and I honestly didn't think it would come to this...

What does this do to the current tracks? Are the tracks signed to F1, if yes does that mean that the "new" series would have to search for alternate venues?

I vote Oran park sydney. A nice mutli million dollar injection should keep those farkers away who are currently building houses on our favourite track! :P

I don't think the tracks matter. Burnie thretened to break contract with various ones over the years, so the track owners will more than likly do the same to him.

I still doubt it's going to happen. Burnie will give in, he just wants to make them work for it. How much are assesens these days? we could all chip in say $5, and get max and burnie knocked off.

I doubt that the tracks are signed to F1 exclusively as other categories use most tracks too, obviously street circuits are a different story. Bernie also owns at least one track too!

Yeh, i am glad that i am getting to see a few of te OS rounds this year. Germany is next :) Seems next year i cold be watching USGP take the fight to Williams :P

And from another thread...

Has anyone here read this article?

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_feature_item.php

A quick summary

Apparently back in the 1970's the teams unified under FOCA (Formula One Constructors Association) to break away from FISA (Federation Internationale du Sport Automobile) They thought as they the teams were spending all the money, they should have a say in the rules and regulations along with getting a bigger slice of the revenue.

The FOCA was led by two team owners...... guess who..... Max and Bernie.

By the 1980's a battle started between FISA and FOCA, ending in FOCA forming a sort of break away series.

The two ringleaders (Max and Bernie) got the positions of president of FIA for Max and Commercial rights holder for Bernie.

Its all just happening again.

You'd think Bernie and Max would understand what the teams are on about..... by the sounds of it they were doing the same thing themselves 25-30 years ago!!

I really hope FOTA walk and do their own thing. Bernies' group pocket way too much of the money and extort tracks and are taking the racing away from great tracks with history that can fill stands to, well the sphincter of the universe and Shanghai etc :)

I doubt that the tracks are signed to F1 exclusively as other categories use most tracks too, obviously street circuits are a different story. Bernie also owns at least one track too!

street circuits are the one'si was thinking of. Melb for example operates at a loss. If it is contracted and HAS to run an F1 event, could it afford to run a second event for the new series?

Similar for Singapore, Valencia etc Monaco?????

What does this do to the current tracks? Are the tracks signed to F1, if yes does that mean that the "new" series would have to search for alternate venues?

I vote Oran park sydney. A nice mutli million dollar injection should keep those farkers away who are currently building houses on our favourite track! ;)

I vote Perth:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=91976783917

:P:ermm:

Hahaha, I am so effing glad FOTA have given Mad Max and Benine Bernie the big ol' FARK YOU CARNT!!!

Yay! Now F1 like it used to be! :(

This could end up being extremely good for us fans. I agree, Max the fkn nazi with his stubborn endeavor to make a name for himself has almost single handedly destroyed the world's premier motor sport category. Bernie too should be ashamed of himself and frankly I'm a little surprised he didn't step in and try to diffuse this situation to some extent.

If in fact this happens and FOTA do form a 'breakaway' series, Bernie's precious money making machine (F1) as we know it would be almost worthless in the eyes of promoters and sponsors and the media.

Codemasters would prety pissed off right now no doubt after paying a fortune for the rights to make f1 games...

Whose gona want to play a game with gp2 cars and no manufacturers... Would be amusing if Sony quickly picks up the rights to make games based on the new series for a fraction of the cost bernie wanted

The RBR is heavily modified for this weekend. Come on RBR! I so want Webber to win this weekend, but then agan i wont be there to watch...friggin commissioning of equipment means i am stuck in India this weekend. Though i am going to the German GP, i think i can handle watching Mark win his second GP on the trot :P