SAU Community

My First Car + Engine Buildup Plans

NISMØ

In November I will be old enough to drive and I will be purchasing my 1st Car an R33 GTS-T Series 1 Type M in Black.

I have spent 3 years studying cars and I have prepared an Engine Buildup Stagelist and Checklist.

I thought ide share my plans for the build with everyone as it Starts in November 09.

Stage One- L-Plates / Red P-Plates

-Just Jap Hyperflow Exhaust from Turbo-Back

-Hybrid Spec RS Intercooler Kit

-Turbosmart Dual Port BoV

-Cold Air Intake (Just Jap Box + Pod Filter + Extra Heat Insulation + Cold Air Pipe from Front Bar)

-Greddy E-Manage

Stage Two- Green P-Plates

-Nismo 740cc Injectors

-Greddy Intake Plenum

-XD / Q45 Throttle Body

-Oil Catch Can

-Nismo Short Shifter

Stage Three- Horsepowerinabox.com Package +Fuelling

-6Boost Manifold + HPC Coating + Black Exhaust Wrap

-Garrett GT3582R (0.70 Compressor Housing , 0.82 Turbine Housing) + HPC Coated Turbine Housing

-Turbosmart 45mm Wastegate + Re-Plumped Wastegate pipe with flange for Screamer (track only)

-Custom Dump Pipe + HPC Coating + Tan Heat Wrap

-Garrett Turbo Beanie

-Haltech ECU

-Bosch 044 + Beefed up Fuel System in trunk

Stage Four- Internals + GBox (planning not finised yet)

-Full Overhaul of Head

-RB30 Block + Overhaul

-Tomei Cams

-HKS Cam Gears

-CP Forged Pistons and Rings

-Spool Conrods

-Aftermarket Crank (undecided as of yet)

-Aftermarket Bearings (undecided as of yet)

-Gates Timing Belt

-75-100hp NoS Injection before Throttle body

-Aftermarket Clutch Setup

Thats all I got planned for now ive probly missed some stuff but then again im only 15 and im still learning.

Yeh I know it sucks balls so im gonna apply for exemption with as many reason as possible if failed ill swap car with Parents while I save money =) or I could be a daredevil and drive it on P's but itd suck to get caught

I think i posted in wrong section so any of u mod guys can move it if it is in wrong place =)

Yeh im pretty bored on days when im not working

Edited by NISMØ

exemption for a worked 33 haha, good luck mate....the only real exemption out there for p platers and high performance cars is for tradeys in their xr6 turbos n xr8's for towing purposes.

Edited by willL

Lol the stages in my 1st post explain what ill have on m P's and that just like exhaust, BoV, cooler and not very noticeable stuff. I know I probly wont get the exemption but I got plans if I dont. Ill atleast try lol but your probly right.

^^^

Ive never understood this "i'll just go for basic not noticeable mods and hope not to get caught" attitude. Have you stop and thought about if you were to have an accident and more importantly if you were to hit someone that you ARE NOT insured at all. You are driving a car that you SHOULD NOT be driving. Imagine being up for a $400,000 medical bill becasue you hit some bloke on the footpath. EEP!!! Getting caught by the authorities is the least of your worries!

From personal experience if i had owned my GTR when I was a teenager i dare say I wouldnt have been here today. Driving dads falcon around i sit and think back about the mischief I got up to.

I appologise if i trud on some toes, but its only the fact's.

If that is your end goal for the car this is what i suggest.

Buy yourself a 1.5L run about for daily driving.

Keep the Skyline in the garage and slowly build it up to the point where you want it. There is no need to go through steps 1,2,3 to get to step 4.

Do step 4 and thats it! Trust me if i knew my car was going to get to the stage its at now i would have done things very differently.

Save yourself time and money and do it once and properly otherwise you will spend 10 times more than you expected.

END THREAD

Piggaz its abit slack to think of every young kid as a hoon but I see where your coming from oh and Nytsky i read your engine build thread and your info Is good cuz your right I probly will save alot of money, Ill just have to wait and see how things turn out =)

the stages in my 1st post explain what ill have on m P's and that just like exhaust, BoV, cooler and not very noticeable stuff.

:(

i think you need to do a bit more research matey...

for a start you have a bov listed as a mod, not a wank :(

secondly your gonna buy an emanage, THEN a haltech? :D

you also wanna spring for a 6boost mani and then have cheapass chinese exhaust?

also you'll need

a bigger afm,

suspension setup (coilovers, camber, castor, sways, pineapples minimum)

wider wheels

tyres tyres tyres tyres

with that much power you're also gonna want oil restrictors and custom returns in the head, a baffled sump and an oil cooler

bucket seats to hold you in place (350rwkw @ 1.35 tonnes is a LOT of power)

money for repair bills, tuning, etc etc etc

that's an extra 10k i just found in a 30 second think...

my advice...

buy a 92 corolla gt and get the 4age head conversion, extractors, zorst, pod etc and have fun with that.

then when you are off your p's see where your life is at (not to mention petrol prices) in 2014 and if you still wanna do it

If that is your end goal for the car this is what i suggest.

Buy yourself a 1.5L run about for daily driving.

Keep the Skyline in the garage and slowly build it up to the point where you want it. There is no need to go through steps 1,2,3 to get to step 4.

Do step 4 and thats it! Trust me if i knew my car was going to get to the stage its at now i would have done things very differently.

Save yourself time and money and do it once and properly otherwise you will spend 10 times more than you expected.

END THREAD

Oh ye end thread because he is dead going from 140rwkw to 350rwkw in a blink of an eye without any idea how to drive a high powered vehicle.

Going in stages costs more, but at least it wont cost you your own life because you've learn the car as it goes.

To the OP - are you from Vic?

If so, throw that plan in the bin and RB26 if you want power without the hassle, the only way as legalities are getting worse by the week here.

Or honestly - spend the $$ on a XR6 turbo. They are cheap now, and a much better base in all honesty

Piggaz its abit slack to think of every young kid as a hoon but I see where your coming from oh and Nytsky i read your engine build thread and your info Is good cuz your right I probly will save alot of money, Ill just have to wait and see how things turn out =)

no its a bit naive of you to think that i a high powered rear drive car you will not push the boundaries and limits of yourself and car.

starting to learn to drive in a high performance car in itself isnt a good idea for this fact. hence why they have brought in this ruling for P plater drivers.

as many ppl have suggested get a little run around and learn to drive first. then get a good car and start modifying.

JUDAS! :(

Judas? Oh pipe down you wanna be Moses. Im still holding onto my GTS-R, judas my a$$ :D

Think when he is 19-20 what a XR6 is worth, peanuts just like R33's are now.

Better base, bigger/better tech motor and they rack out 400rwkw without a sniff.

If your after a mean streeter and so on then its a pretty clear choice.

Here is what will happen:

Best case scenario:

You get a skyline you do all the first stage mods, most of which will get you more attention from the cops, especially the P plates, you get done for unroadworthy and driving a high powered vechile, you then have to sell it at a loss and buy a cheap shitter.

Worst case scenario:

your showing of in front of you mates (dont even try to tell me it wont happen bbbbaaaaahhhh, i told you not to say it) and lose control, at best you hit something soft and just damage the car, at worst you kill someone, either way the cops turn up and you are either fined and lose your license or your sharing a cell with bubba (to prepare you for that go watch "bad boy bubby").

The way it should be done:

You buy a $2000 cheap to run shitter, you put all the money you would have spent in an account with a good interest rate, in 6 years time when your 21 you will have the 40k you plan to spend buying an r33gtst and modding it plus the compounded interest, should add up to about 50k maybe more, you then buy your self a R35 gtr which by that time the private imports will probably be 70-80k, badda bing badda boom you have a car worth spending money on.

Edited by W0rp3D