SAU Community

Skyline Nationals 2010

Matty 31

Okay guys and girls, its Adelaide's turn. After 2 stunning efforts by Cazz (GTS145) and the committee from Classic Skylines Australia for organising 2 awesome Skyline Nationals in 06 and 08, its time for it to hit the road, and its landing here in adelaide

At this stage it will retain the standard format (until we start working thru things)

Sign in day Friday

Track Day Saturday

Show and Shine Sunday

Going to try and get Wrigley Reserve at Glenelg for the show and shine (this is to be checked on etc) and Mallala for the track day (again, pending on checking it out)

At this point we're looking at the end of july (as thats the traditional time and it tees in with the 7th Skyline Day celebrations all us 31 peeps do) but if theres ideas for a better time of the year we're all ears

Tune into this thread for updates, as we also want volunteers to be on the organising committee. Before volunteering for the committee, make sure you think about the time committment this will take too

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

the magazine part might be dead but i think the show series of it will still go on?

wouldnt it be better to have the show and shine on the saturday and the track day on the sunday?

wouldnt it be better to have the show and shine on the saturday and the track day on the sunday?

Definently the track day before the show and shine. That way you know which cars are worth checking out and which ones are just poser mobiles.

Edited by DR JOSH

yeah but if i want to take my car out on the track.........and something happens that means she will be f****d for the show and shine...........

but in the end whatever...........

we're still working on the finer details. last year's nationals (due to a mix up by winton raceway) we had to go to the saturday instead, and i feel that worked well in some respects (especially for those travelling from interstate)

but in some respects i can see what you guys mean, track day sunday would work a treat too

yeah but if i want to take my car out on the track.........and something happens that means she will be f****d for the show and shine...........

but in the end whatever...........

Track damage/broken parts = mega respect points ;)

If it's July your chances of rain will be fairly high. You may want to look at an indoor venue...

PM me if you want some advice regarding venues, or a contact at Holdfast Council for Wigley.

Edited by Iron Chef

If it's July your chances of rain will be fairly high. You may want to look at an indoor venue...

PM me if you want some advice regarding venues, or a contact at Holdfast Council for Wigley.

no dramas kristian, will pass the helpful information onto the committee, and will drop ya a pm as well mate ;)

• 1 month later...

CLASSIC SKYLINES AUSTRALIA SKYLINE NATIONALS SA OFFICIAL DATES HAVE BEEN SET:

FRIDAY 10TH - MONDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2010

SHOW AND SHINE IS BOOKED FOR THE SATURDAY THE 11TH

Watch This Space for more

• 1 month later...

I'll well and truly have the manual conversion done for the Stagea, as well as the brake upgrade. Show what the Stagea can do around the track :sick:

I know I sure as hell won't get the 1m17s I can get on my bikes, but I'd love to be in the 20s somewhere ... I know the track well :)

do you know whether there will be a skid comp as well??? when we did the datto 1600 nationals up at la'la, we had a skid comp on that open patch by turn 1 / pit entrance