SAU Community

New Clutch On R34 Gt-r

Autotech just replaced my clutch and I'm really happy with it. That's the second one Ed has put in for me, first one was before he moved from Integra (way back when I could have a little weak one!!)

Before you decide on a clutch, speak to Keith at KB Clutch Engineering at Penrith on (02) 4732 1692. There are others on this forum who I have also directed his way and they too think he's brilliant.

He knew I was looking for a good launching clutch for the GTR and my concerns with my wanting to ensure the clutch was the weakest link in my drive train. He agreed and basically told me that the only thing a twin/triple clutch will give me over one he would custom build for me was 'bragging rights at the pub'. He then proceeded to build me a spectacular launching (brass button) clutch for under $500... and those who have seen her launch at the hillclimb will know what I'm talking about. This is at the same time that some local businesses were trying to talk me into a $2300 clutch!!!

He will build it according to the way you want to drive it and won't rip you off. He also rang us while we were putting it in and gave us some tips. I'm pretty sure that he also does the work there if you don't want to put it in yourself.

The Evo people also use Keith for their race clutches... just ask Martin Vitaris.

If nothing else, just talk to Keith before you decide. He's a very genuine person to deal with.

Before you decide on a clutch, speak to Keith at KB Clutch Engineering at Penrith on (02) 4732 1692. There are others on this forum who I have also directed his way and they too think he's brilliant.

Keith may do a good clutch at a great price, but if you ever try the difference between Michelle's clutch and my one, mine is so much lighter and easier to use. Saying that it was built for launches at 350rwkw and it cost $1300, a big difference in price. Your choice.

Trojan did my clutch replacement but I got the clutch myself.

My twin plate is pretty light and easy to use... If you ever get sick of the jittery noise they make just install big cams to drown them out :)

I have an Ogura, was hard to find one in stock in Aus but was lucky to find an almost brand new one at a Jap wrecking yard.

Keith may do a good clutch at a great price, but if you ever try the difference between Michelle's clutch and my one, mine is so much lighter and easier to use. Saying that it was built for launches at 350rwkw and it cost $1300, a big difference in price. Your choice.

Trojan did my clutch replacement but I got the clutch myself.

Like I said though, Keith custom built this one to my launch specs, not street use. That's what I wanted at that time, but if I had said make it soft and easy for the street, he would have. He really knows his stuff. So please don't think he only builds clutches for launching, he quizzed me for half an hour before he made his final recommendation, now that stock GTR is doing split times similar to my Formula Holden which can get from 0 to 100 in 2.7 seconds and only weights 600kg.

Autotech just replaced my clutch and I'm really happy with it. That's the second one Ed has put in for me, first one was before he moved from Integra (way back when I could have a little weak one!!)

If you dont mind me asking GTRKat, how much did they charge you for replacing your clutch?

It was no extra charge as my engine was out and they had to put a clutch in anyway :P

Give the boys a call and I'm sure they'd be able to tell you easily enough.

I gave autotech a call and I got quoted $780 + gearbox oil. Is this what everyone else is paying around?

I gave autotech a call and I got quoted $780 + gearbox oil. Is this what everyone else is paying around?

that doesn't sound too bad even without a clutch... its a shit of a job, very hard to get to. Mark invented new swear words while he was trying to get into some tight places with my car.

Like I said though, Keith custom built this one to my launch specs, not street use. That's what I wanted at that time, but if I had said make it soft and easy for the street, he would have. He really knows his stuff. So please don't think he only builds clutches for launching, he quizzed me for half an hour before he made his final recommendation, now that stock GTR is doing split times similar to my Formula Holden which can get from 0 to 100 in 2.7 seconds and only weights 600kg.

I should have said mine was also designed for the same specifications except for a car making a lot more power, and being Jim berry it was a lot longer then 30 mins on the phone :-). Trojan commented on it being a surprising good clutch feel.

As for the clutch replacement if that cost is not including a clutch, call Trojan. Mine was a bit less then that. More like $550 from memory????

Found my receipt from last time and that was $600 plus gearbox oil so makes sense that it's gone up a little in 3 years I guess!

I'm fussy so don't really care if I know I'm going to get a good job :P

As for the clutch replacement if that cost is not including a clutch, call Trojan. Mine was a bit less then that. More like $550 from memory????

I went past Torjan and they were closed! Must be on holidays eh? Does anyone know when they are getting back?