SAU Community

Rubbish Tips - Where Are They?

mvi77

There's nothing I like more than rummaging through somebody elses filthy rubbish.

I also ride 50km a day and I don't want to be one of those pretentious douches riding around on the road in their $10,000 carbon fibre bikes (clearly I'm jealous because I'm poor) when all you need is a frame with wheels. I plan to buy a piece of rickety old crap to sandblast and paint, then run it as a fixed speed because I never use any of the other damn gears anyway.

To date I've been riding my brother's mountain bike because he's out of town, but he's coming back soon so I'll have to give back. It's probably for the best because it's a size too small for me.

Tamala Park and Balcatta have really gone downhill over the last couple of years, so I'm curious as to where everybody else goes to get their fix? ;)

I still have my $70 bike that my parents bought me from some Chinese guy (that he shipped a bunch of those cheapo bikes from China) way back in 1996. ;)

Although I don't think I have ever ridden it since I got my car...

Edited by Mayuri Krab

Dude - you would be much better off asking everyone to let you know when their local area is having a bulk rubbish collection. I am currently in the middle of an old dragster frame rebuild and about 75% of my parts are all from council roadside collections.

PS Anyone know any good sandblast/powdercoat places?

When i was a kid i went to the local tip at peakhurst and built a bike with the help of my cousins, all we took was a pump a small shifter and a puncture repair kit.

AAAHHHH REMINISING

+1 for bulk rubbish.

just went to rotto and hit up the bulk rubbish for transport over there.. plenty of gems just laying there waiting for u. :)

Bulk rubbish is good, but you can't afford a $200-300 bike? It's what i use to get to work and back. If not, there's always rollerskates? lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...