SAU Community

EVO6 or R33GTR

Dude I was thinking the same thing today. Looking through the Auto mag there was a white EVO 6 and a silver R33 GTR for sale from the same dealer.

Personally I would of taken the EVO. Even tho I love GTRs I think EVO is quicker as a standard car and as you said it is 4 doors. There was about $4000 difference with the EVO been more expensive but it is a newer car.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same choice.

I nearly got an R33 GTR, but chose an Evo 4.

So If I could choose Evo 6, I would go for it.

Just being a little different. And its much more 'throw aboutable' than a big heavy GTR....

But nothing beats a modded RB26.....

For $45k youll get an 02 STi with a heap of go fast bits and they are cheap to maintain or an 8 year old V spec. Sti have brembos, six speed, 4 doors, and a lot of nice features. easy to insure and price stays same. The evo 6 is a very hard car to sell.

I test drove one of the EVO VI TME editions when there was a limited number brought out a few years ago and thought it was awesome. One of the nicest road cars that has a great mix of daily drivability and performance when you want it. Alot of these performance cars dont feel so nice to drive under normal traffic conditions but the EVO wasnt one of them. There has been a number for sale in most of the recent Unique Cars mags at reasonable prices.

But will be harder to re-sell than a GT-R R33 long term especially if the EVO VIII due here early next year is as good as they say.

I wouldnt touch a WRX cause there are a million and one on the market. Even if its an Sti....

The value drops through the floor quicker than a commadore...

but yeah, Its a tough choice - Evo or GTR.

I have driven both.

Basically you need to decide what kind of car you like to drive. They are both Very different to drive...

:rolleyes:

hrm Evo8 and MY03 STi.....tuff call. id have to swing by the way of the MY03 STi (it'd be a clearer decision if they came to australia with the 2.5litre version!) because they've come sooo far and they are a nice looking piece of machinery both inside and out.

im an Evo man at heart though ... (i did own a MY98 wrx)...if i was to spend 40k on a car, i'd get the Evo 6.5 or 7 because they offer soo much value for money. you can import these 2 models for about 40k. the extra 20k for an Evo8 or MY03 STi wouldn't be worth it IMHO.

I'll admit it up front, i don't like Subarus. Especially compared to Evos or GT-Rs. I've driven a VII GSR and know a bloke who's driven the VIII. Same guy reckons the Evo is the ultimate drivers car, much faster than GT-R in tight, twisty cornering. He should know as he's had a few 300+rwkW GT-Rs as well.

For my money, I'd go a VII or wait for the VIII to lob here next year. Each evolution gets better and better...

...'cause you might be up for a shitload more when things get tired from a 10 year old and up to 15 year old GTR?

sonic: would be interesting to give an MY03 STi a drive though. they sport, from MY01, brembo brakes and viscous front lsd. of course, they dont compare to the semi mechanical front lsd, ayc and acd of the evo but chassis rigidity of the wrx is, as i understand it, better than an evo?

Late model RX7 as well - worth a look.

Guilty - you are a fool. You said the 350Z would be good if he had a family, you said that, even though he said nothing about a family, youve stuffed up twice there. Learn da inglish brudda, u carnt speek rite k?

sorry for the flaming in your thread S15 dude.