SAU Community

2009 Sau-vic Motorsport Championship

Bec

Championship Rounds, Results and Classes

2009 SAU Club Championship Motorsport Dates (Events run by WRX Club of Vic)

Round 1: Haunted Hills (new Morwell) - Saturday 14 February - Results

Round 2: Phillip Island - Saturday 4 April - Results

Round 3: Sandown - Saturday 25 April (Anzac Day) - Results

Round 4: Sandown - Sunday 28 June

Round 5: Winton - Saturday 18 July

Round 6: Haunted Hills (new Morwell) - Saturday 29 August

Round 7: Calder - Sunday 20 September

Round 8: Winton - Saturday 10 October

2009 SAU Vic DECA Dates (Events run by Skylines Australia Vic)

Sat 28th February - Results

Sat 23rd May - Results

Sat 15th August - Results

Sat 7th November - Results

2009 SAU Track Championship Classes are as follows:

Class A - Modified GTR

Class B - Standard GTR

Class C - Modified RWD

Class D - Standard RWD

Class E - AWD 2.5 litre + Under

Standard Class:

(List of Free Mods allowed in standard class)

Suspension - All

Brakes - All

Electronics (ECU, Boost Controllers) - All

Intercoolers - All

Pods

Wheels Sizes

Modified Classes:

(Any of these Mods will put you into modified class)

- R Spec Tyres / Slicks under a UTQG rating of 100 tread wear (not including 100)

- A Roll Cage

- A stripped interior. Removal of rear seats only is allowed.

- Any other major weight reduction such as fibreglass doors or perspects windows

- Fuel Systems - Any two out of the following four modifications to either: 1.Injectors, 2.Fuel Pump, 3.Non Nissan OEM Turbo's, or 4.A fuel pressure modification will put you into modified class. (I.E - Only one fuel system mod is allowed)

- Non OEM Engine Capacities (GTST with RB26, RB30; GTR with 2.8L, etc)

Standard Turbo Clarification

(RWD Standard Class)

RWD Standard can run any Nissan OEM turbo from any RB Skyline.

Highflowing of any of these RB OEM Nissan turbo's is allowed.

(GTR Standard Class)

Any of these turbo's are considered a standard spec replacement turbo and are not considered a turbo mod.

R32, R33, R34 N1's, HKS GT-SS's, Garrett GT2860r-7.

Information for Beginers

Personal Requirements

- Safety helmet (AS1698 standard) in good condition (ie. free of dents and scratches).

- Gloves are optional.

- Leather or suede footwear must completely cover the foot and be firmly fitted. No sandals or thongs allowed.

- Driver apparel must cover the body from ankle to neck including up to the wrists. Long sleeved and flame-resistant clothing is mandatory. Wool is best but cotton overalls or trousers and shirts are also suitable. Race-type overalls are not necessary.

Driver Training – Is not absolutely required, but SAU recommends you make your first track day a driver training day. There is a lot to take in and you wont post a quick time on your first outing. Driver training sessions won't be timed and you will only be on the track with other driver training vehicles. You will have the chance to have an instructor with you, this will typically be another club member who has some track experience. Driver training costs slightly less than the normal sprint days (You wont get to compete in the super sprints at the end of the day)

If you choose to 'not' do driver training as your first event, just place yourself in a slow group and spent the first half of the day following slower cars and learning the racing lines before trying to go off on your own and improve times.

Phillip Island Sprints:

You can do driver training at Phillip Island as your first event, and if your instructor believes you are skilled enough he can allow you to participate in sprints after speaking to the clerk of course and making that recomendation.

If Phillip Island is your first 'sprint' event you will need to provide details of an advanced driver training certificate.

R-Spec Tyres Explained

Competition Street Legal Radial's (Dot Approved Semi - Competition)

In other words they are sticky / soft compound

List of known R Spec Tyres - UTQG

Bridgestone Potenza RE55 - 40

Bridgestone Potenza RE520S -

Yokohamma Advan A048 - 60AA

Yokohamma Advan A032R - 60AA

Dunlop D98J

Dunlop D01J

Dunlop D02J

Dunlop D93J

Toyo Proxes RA1 - 40AA

Toyo Proxes R888 - 50AA

BFG G Force T/A R1 - 0AA

Michelin Pilot Cup - 80AA

Hoosier A3S03/R3S04 - 40AC

Avon Tech R-A

Kumho VictoRacer V700 - 50AA

Kumho Ecsta V700 - 50AA

Pirelli P Zero C

Pirelli P Zero Corsa

List of soft compound street tyres - UTQG

Federal 595RS - 180AA

Falken Azenis RT615 - 200AA

Toyo Trampio R1-R - 100AA

Nitto NT-555R Drag - 100AA

UTQG = Treadwear, Traction, Temperature

Treadwear - The treadwear grade is a comparative rating based on the wear rate of the tire when tested under controlled conditions on a specified government test track. A tire graded 200 would wear twice as long on the government test course under specified test conditions as one graded 100.

Traction - Traction grades, from highest to lowest, are AA, A, B and C. They represent the tire's ability to stop on wet pavement as measured under controlled conditions on specified government test surfaces of asphalt and concrete.

Traction Grades Asphalt (g force) Concrete (g force)

AA - Above 0.54 - Above 0.41

A - Above 0.47 - Above 0.35

B - Above 0.38 - Above 0.26

C - Less Than 0.38 - Less Than 0.26

Temperature - The temperature grades, from highest to lowest, are A, B and C. These represent the tire's resistance to the generation of heat

Temperature Grades Speeds (in mph)

A - Over 115

B - Between 100 to 115

C - Between 85 to 100

Vehicle Requirements

- Fire Extinguisher (AS1841, AS1846 or AS1848, Minimum of 900grams) Securely fastened with a metal bracket and reachable by the driver from the drivers seat.

- Valve Caps (Preferably metal)

- Boot / Cockpit - Must be free from all loose articles

- Headlights - Any forward facing glass must be covered by tape or contact (This only effects R31 and R32's in the Skyline Range)

- Roll Cages - Must be CAMS approved

- Bonnet Catches - All rear-hinged bonnets must have an additional independent non-flexible strap fitted. Permanent straps/pins attached to the bonnet are not necessary. It is acceptable to tie the bonnet down with light rope. Bonnet Pins are also accepted.

Track Etiquette

Passing

It is the obligation of the passer (faster car) to make the pass. Do not erratically brake or move off the racing line without first signalling to the faster vehicle behind you.

Signaling

If you want a faster vehicle to pass you, signal with a clear hand pointing to the side on which you wish to be passed. If you want them to pass on the left, then signal over the roof of your vehicle. Do not use indicators to signal passing.

Flag Signals

Flags will be used at designated points around the circuits.

yellow_flag.gifYellow flag: The yellow flag signals a situation of danger ahead. Drivers must slow down and show extreme caution. Drivers may not overtake other vehicles until they have passed the green flag.

green_flag.gifGreen Flag: All clear signal. It is used at the end of the danger area controlled by yellow flags. Drivers may continue on at race speed.

It can also be used to signal the start of a warm-up lap or practice session.

blue_flag.gifBlue flag: Overtaking signal. The blue flag informs the driver that he is about to overtaken by one or more faster cars. When the flag is waved, it draws the driver’s attention either to the closeness of the car about to overtake him, or to the high speed at which it is approaching. The blue flag can be shown motionless when the faster car is still some distance away but approaching quickly.

red_flag.gifRed Flag: Stopping the race. The red flag will be shown at all posts on the circuit when the Clerk of the Course has decided to stop the race or practice session due to a hazard effecting the course. All drivers must stop racing immediately and proceed to the pit area. Drivers must exercise extreme caution and being prepared to stop if necessary and be aware of the possability of support vehicles on the track.

black_flag.gifBlack Flag: Return to the pit area. The black flag is usually shown at the Start / Finish line by the Clerk of Course or his marshal. The flag will be shown whilst your vehicle is being pointed at. This informs the driver they must return to the pit area immediately and report to the Clerk of Course.

checkered_flag.gifChequered Flag: Denotes end of session. Use the remaining lap to cool the car and return to the pit area.

Championship Scoring & Points System

SAU Track Championship

Full points for THREE(3) or more people in class

1st Fastest time in Class - 10 Points

2nd Fastest time in Class - 6 Points

3rd Fastest time in Class - 4 Points

4th Fastest time in Class - 3 Points

5th Fastest time in Class - 2 Points

6th Fastest time in Class - 1 Point

7th and below = 0 Points

Partial points for less than THREE(3) people in class (as per note below) **

1st = 6 points

2nd = 4 Points

** There needs to be at least 3 people representing a class in each round for maximum points to be scored, otherwise 1st can only receive a maximum score equal to 2nd place which is 6 Points.

Notes:

1. Two championship rounds are able to be dropped from the score before a total is achieved, this will be the worst scoring round from the entrant, or an event not attended.

DECA Rounds

Each Sub-Event of the Event will be scored individually.

Points will be awarded in order of finishing from highest to lowest as follows:

1st = 50 points,

2nd = 49 points,

3rd = 48 points,

4th = 47 points etc, and so on down to the last competitor.

All points from each sub event are accumulated and a total is created with the highest score winning. Classes are AWD and RWD.

Penalties:

Hit Cone (Make a cone move from it's spot) = +5 Seconds Per Cone

Missed Gate/Cone (Wrong Direction) = Slowest Time + 10 Seconds.

Did Not Finish = Slowest Time +10 Seconds

Did Not Complete Full Course = Slowest Time +10 Seconds (Missed more than 3 Cones)

Did Not Start = No Score - Nil points

2009 Motorsport Sponsors

Kamikaze Motors

header-left.jpg

34-42, Rooks Road, Nunawading, Vic 3131

Phone: +61 3 9894 7844

Fax: +61 3 9872 6655

[email protected]

http://www.kamikazemotors.com

Sponsoring Class B, Class D and Class E

Kamikaze Motors Cup - Class B - Standard GTR

Kamikaze Motors Cup - Class D - Standard RWD

Kamikaze Motors Cup - Class E - AWD 2.5 litre + Under

Racepace Motorsport

rpm2s.jpg

9/6 Holloway Drive, Bayswater

Ph: (03) 9762 9421

http://www.racepacemotorsport.com/

Sponsoring Class A

Racepace Cup - Class A - Modified GTR

RE Customs

recustoms.jpg

16 Yiannis Court, Springvale 3171

Tel: 61 (03) 9548 3414

Fax: 61 (03) 9548 4727

[email protected]

http://www.recustoms.com.au/

Sponsoring Class C and the Outright Championship

RE Customs Cup - Class C - Modified RWD

RE Customs Outright Track Champions

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apologies all, Due to a combination of things it has taken some time to update the motorsport table.

(mainly me being a bit slack :P )

But here it is!!!

Its nice a close in a few classes so make sure you get down to Winton for the last round and get yourself on top of the table :P:bunny::D

Enjoy

Any questions let me know...

Coz you my friend are not an SAU Vic Member.

The Motorsport Championship only includes current financial members of the club.

Hope this clears it up for ya :D

But I thought that night we shared meant something? You didn't think all that was for free did you?! lol

Well there you go, my bad, I thought I'd sorted that when I got all my licenses together but I think I got the Vicdrift membership instead as I was intending on going drift spec with the car then realised I like circuit much more.

I'll get onto the SAU membership shortly, Thanks Bec :P

lol pwned.

lol easily excited much?

Edited by ActionDan

I was proably under the impression you had R-comp tyres on i think... I will fix it up tonight...

People who were given points for DNS are people who attended the track day, but due to whateva reason (car problems etc)

they were only able to complete the practice session, and not an official timed session.

Apologies on any confusion, getting the rules written up and on the forum is one of those things I haven't had time to sit down and do.. (Well or i've just forgotten about it untill someone asked :))

Will try and get on to it...

hi everyone just a quick question,

i hvae a r33 gtr i do a few hillclimbs in it have got my vic membership and cams l2s licence so thats all good but,

my car has is road regoed and has a cusco bolt in cage that is not approved and the car is non log booked.

last hillclimb i did was in sa and they cracked it at me i turned around and said it a road regoed car im not welding a cage in i dont even need a cage in the car for this event, it is there for my own saftey if you wont let me run withit ill just un bolt it right now and ill run without a cage.

guess what they let me run with it.

In the cams manual it also states its up to the corse clerk to approve the running of a non approved cage at an event where by a cage is not required.

but will they let me run with it over here in vic at track days?