SAU Community

My Gt3076r Upgrade

Thought it would be useful to share my turbo upgrade as i know many people are looking for a reasonable budget turbo upgrade.

After searching the forums constantly i noticed the gt3076r was probably going to be the best option for me. The hks range was just to expensive and the high flows dont offer enough power.

Thankfully people like Cubes, Lithium, Al and The Mafia had posted up there results and problems so most of their issues were avoided.

List of mods before upgrade

eboost 2

pod

3"turbo back exhaust

fmic

pfc

mods purchased for upgrade

bosch 044

sard 850cc injectors

gt3076r 0.82 housing, with larger waste gate flapper & hole. (made by mtq WA)

Oil & water lines (supplied by mtq)

z32 afm

custom required piping done by hyperdrive ie dump, cooler piping etc

i think that is all

I have attached two different dynos. One was from December last year where you can see there was an issue with lag (this was caused by a faulty 7psi actuator). Unfortunately as the workshop closed the next day i had to drive it around for the next month as they only just re opened for tuning. I was stuck wondering whether this was just the way the car was going to be as many workshop said it was normal, (bullshit).

After speaking to cubes, lithium and discopatoe and showing them the dyno they all agreed it wasnt normal and to look at putting a larger psi actuator on there as they had experienced similar issue with lower rated actuator, thansk for the help much appreciated. Cheers to dangerman too. The Mafia :) for not bothering to respond to any of my query's.

So yesterday i had them put on a 18psi garrett acuator and problem solved, full boost by 3900 rpm. Note i have stock manifold, stock cams and it is rb25. The car was getting one ping of 80 so the tuner took out heaps of timing and managed to get it safe. Never goes over 10 knock on the road. As you can see 271.8rwkw is not huge but it was the power i was chasing as the engine is stock and i need it to be realiable. Also you can see the dip in power from 6500rpm onwards probably due to over heating because of faster boost. It had also done about 10 power runs so it was pretty hot. This was done on a W.A dyno so there MAYBE a lower figure compared to the eastern states. I am sure a set of cams, maybe a new manifold and i could see higher figures but at this stage i am happy with where it is an achieved my desired result.

The turbo sounds awesome just like a jet.

Must say cheers to hyperdrive also for putting up with my constant phone calls. Andrew your a champ.

msg_a198025_.pdf

SKMBT_C25209012111010.pdf

SKMBT_C25209012111011.pdf

SKMBT_C25209012111020.pdf

Yeah def plan on taking to drags, i never done a 1/4 mile before so wont be predicting my times.

Don't worry about the times , just go to have fun. You will get better with practice like anything but, so much fun.

It's great to really drive your car to it's full accelleration potential legally and against your mates too.

I might get down just to shake off some cobwebs in the bunky GTR sometime soon myself.

thought i would mention we used a split dump to and no boost creep. Forgot what type it was but it was purchased from the eastern states and it was very similar to the hks one.

Edited by Pattygtst

Results look good - you should be happy and I bet it drives great. Peak figure is in the right area for the spec, and you'd probably agree it gives nice progressive delivery.

One thing I might suggest if you have the facilities and time, is to play around with timing under 4000rpm and see if you can fill out the curve in that area - you will feel the difference. By comparison I found mine made these outputs @ revs:

2800 - 100hp

3400 - 150hp

4000 - 265hp

4600 - 340hp

Can't scan anything up at the moment, but main idea is that you probably have some untapped reserves down lower if prepared to play with the tune.

Keep us posted with results of any more tuning and/or efforts on the track.

nice power runs mate... ill be installing a 3076r EW 0.63rear in the next month or so, got the 550cc sards ready to go in as well, hoping to get around the same figure as my tuner said for a safe tune between 270 and 280rwkw with stock internals..

just wondering how much the installation cost you? including piping, tune etc?

nice man, this is the same setup i will be putting onto my rb25 but i will run a external gate on a 6boost manifold, probably smaller injectors than what your using, and just some poncams 256 deg, i was only planing on running about 17psi for a daily, looks like i will probably get some good numbers,

gw

JV

Results look good - you should be happy and I bet it drives great. Peak figure is in the right area for the spec, and you'd probably agree it gives nice progressive delivery.

One thing I might suggest if you have the facilities and time, is to play around with timing under 4000rpm and see if you can fill out the curve in that area - you will feel the difference. By comparison I found mine made these outputs @ revs:

2800 - 100hp

3400 - 150hp

4000 - 265hp

4600 - 340hp

Can't scan anything up at the moment, but main idea is that you probably have some untapped reserves down lower if prepared to play with the tune.

Keep us posted with results of any more tuning and/or efforts on the track.

Hmm yeah definately something to look into. I might have a retune a little later. I did save a few dyno print outs of other users with the same turbo so i will have a look and compare.

cheers

nice power runs mate... ill be installing a 3076r EW 0.63rear in the next month or so, got the 550cc sards ready to go in as well, hoping to get around the same figure as my tuner said for a safe tune between 270 and 280rwkw with stock internals..

just wondering how much the installation cost you? including piping, tune etc?

nice man, this is the same setup i will be putting onto my rb25 but i will run a external gate on a 6boost manifold, probably smaller injectors than what your using, and just some poncams 256 deg, i was only planing on running about 17psi for a daily, looks like i will probably get some good numbers,

gw

JV

Hey guys i have a GT3076R EW with 0.63 turbine hsg,Trial 38mm gate on a cheap monsta performance s/steel hi mt manifold and 256/264 hks cams. I made 260rwkw @ about 13psi. It is mainly used on the track these days hence the ultra safe tune, but if i had my time again i would definitely go the 6boost manifold HPC coated and a 0.86 turbine hsg to get a bit more torque and stop chocking up the engine over 6400 rpm.

Ryan