SAU Community

Why My Non-turbo R33 Lsd Wont Rip Up?

Hi, I have an auto-r33-gts- with stock LSD.. I put my foot on the brake, and just revv it.. i get a tiny bit of smoke.. thats it...

doesnt rip up at all .. It should though.. ANYWAY, my question is NOT HOW TO DO A BURNOUT IN AN AUTO AS ITS OBVIOUS.

Its, whats stopping it from doing it? is there like a wheel control or something on it :S

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems that obvious,

put ur car into 1st, and get the brake and acceleration right, if your holding the break down hard u wont go anywhere,

when the car starts moving forward a bit accelerate more, and u should get spin

trust me, i've tried.. i've done it soft/hard/ in every direction, and so has 6 of my mates.. they all sed the car doesnt have enough ' power ' but i believe thats not true, they're non turbo cars all rip up and they can do it.. i believe to know whats wrong with my car.. thats the main point of the thread, is there like a wheel contrl that stops the car from accelerating while braked.

trust me, i've tried.. i've done it soft/hard/ in every direction, and so has 6 of my mates.. they all sed the car doesnt have enough ' power ' but i believe thats not true, they're non turbo cars all rip up and they can do it.. i believe to know whats wrong with my car.. thats the main point of the thread, is there like a wheel contrl that stops the car from accelerating while braked.

hmm, your in a bit of a pickle then,

i dont knw of any wheel control, and yeh the NA's do have enough power to wheel spin,

it could be other variables involved, like the weight of the car or the tyre pressure, i.e how pumped they are.... i think anyway

might have to wait for the other experts like eug to comment... peace

N/A's dont have the traction control button like most of the turbos do.

id say your best bet would be netural dumping it lol... but then yeah.. there goes your gearbox :D

That's a lot of mates, mate. Especially with the same car as you.....

I tried the same and yeah - Notice how there isnt a "L" gear option on the gearbox?

Thats because it doesnt allow you to go to first - Only second...

Try the lil power button yet?

And yeah I tried reving it up with the handbrake up a lil and then dropping it

try on a slight incline or decline, should smoke up a bit more, how i used to get the civic to do it. Other thing you could do is turn the steering wheel, look out for the wall at the skid pin tho.

Im guessing your on your P's and alot of your mates drive commies and falcons, they are born burnout cars, which is probably why they say it can be done. At the end of the day, Auto lines dont have much power behind them.

practice makes perfect, go to a skid pin, more room to stuff round with and much safer.

(oh and smoking it up is illegal activity, you will loose your license and car if caught by the police)

I tried the same and yeah - Notice how there isnt a "L" gear option on the gearbox?

Thats because it doesnt allow you to go to first - Only second...

Try the lil power button yet?

And yeah I tried reving it up with the handbrake up a lil and then dropping it

notice how "L" on auto boxes usually mean "1"?

smoke = illegal

there are no ifs, buts or whats about it. trying to make smoke is trying to do a burn out, so i don't see how you are 'justifying' what you are doing is okay.

that said, if you are doing it at the 'drag strip' to warm up your tyres then that is a different story. they water down the starting line for you to smoke your tyres that little bit easier. i suggest a left foot brake and right foot throttle and control the braking so that it engages the front tyres but still allows the rears to spin.

turn off snow mode if you have it (auto).

cheers

eug

its probably not making the sort of torque you need for really building up wheel speed. with a free wheel diff you can get one tyre spinning quite fast and generate decent smoke.But the fact you are packing an LSD ....You may only be just turning the back tyres and loading up the engine.

Yeah, Lol. As i said not interested in hooning. just curious :P kinda embarassing driving a skyline that can't rip up haha

ok so your not interested un hooning yet your trying to rip it up on the streets

ummmm

ok what you can try is this http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Fl...ar-t254132.html if you keep flat sticking it will eventually rip up.....you gearbox lol

After having a look at Ashneel's link, I suggest everyone take due care in what they proceed to type in this part of the forum.

This goes for you Luckiee and anyone else replying.

hi buddy, i have an r33 gts nonturbo auto also and they do rip up, its all standard lsd and engine and it rips up and gets lsd with 235/45/17 on the rear with 8" wide rims no problem, within 2-3 seconds it starts spinning, it does it in both drive and using the gears but with the gears it seems like its way easier and puts less stress on the car. But it can be done, and of course i dont do it on the streets as burnouts are illegal, but just some inspiration for you that non-turboz can spin